Akershus Breakfast or Dinner?

I second the breakfast recommendation. In addition to the smoked fish and Norwegian standards, there is a full selection of familiar offerings as well. Fresh fruit, scrambled eggs etc.

Thanks all. It sounds like breakfast is a definite favorite.

One of my concerns is missing prime park time with a 9:20 ADR, and if I am able to move it earlier to around 8:00am feeling rushed to eat.

Foodwise, I was thinking dinner may be more unique (we can have eggs and fruit at home) and perhaps a better TS value.

Absolutely dinner! Not even close.

Dinner entrees are fantastic. Love the appetizer buffet.

Not feeling rushed to finish or missing prime touring time.

After walking around all day you'll be very happy to sit for a relaxing meal.

We've done both. Princesses were less rushed at dinner.

I'd do breakfast again only as a ppo adr, so we could get to foa ahead of rope drop. But that does result in pressure to finish and get out on time.

The breakfast food is good too, and it is recommended. Dinner is just better.

However, I believe lunch and dinner is now same price and menu? Not sure, but if so, lunch would be my first choice, so you get a mid day break from touring.

We prefer breakfast, but I wouldn't do a 9:20 ADR. That's prime time for touring the park. I would either do a pre-park opening breakfast, or a 10:15 or later breakfast. If you can't swing that, I would do dinner.

Absolutely dinner! Not even close.

Dinner entrees are fantastic. Love the appetizer buffet.

Not feeling rushed to finish or missing prime touring time.

After walking around all day you'll be very happy to sit for a relaxing meal.

We've done both. Princesses were less rushed at dinner.

I'd do breakfast again only as a ppo adr, so we could get to foa ahead of rope drop. But that does result in pressure to finish and get out on time.

The breakfast food is good too, and it is recommended. Dinner is just better.

However, I believe lunch and dinner is now same price and menu? Not sure, but if so, lunch would be my first choice, so you get a mid day break from touring.

Glad to hear a positive review on dinner. We do plan on heading back to the hotel each day for a break, but dinner would be our start back at the park.

I will keep looking for times, but given the current ones, leaning toward dinner.

Thanks, all!!

Glad to hear a positive review on dinner. We do plan on heading back to the hotel each day for a break, but dinner would be our start back at the park.

I will keep looking for times, but given the current ones, leaning toward dinner.

Thanks, all!!
We find that a relaxing table service lunch to be more relaxing than traveling back and forth to the resort

Does anyone know if they currently serve Mickey waffles at breakfast if you request them?

Keep checking for a PPO breakfast reservation. I always get one without much difficulty, as close to 8am as possible, and then you can leave by 8:45 and be first in line for Frozen Ever After or Test Track, which is a huge bonus. I also much prefer the breakfast food to the dinner food there, speaking for myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter