Akershus Closed?

DrHickenlocher

Don't mess with the chameleon
I had planned on going to Epcot on Friday 1/25/19. However, it appears that Akershus has NO availability at all on either Thursday 1/24 or Friday 1/25, despite those days being 184 and 185 days out as of today. And yet there's a whole ton of availability on both Wednesday 1/23 and Saturday 1/26. Does this mean Akershus is closed for some reason on both of those days? Maybe because late January is the "off-season"?

Attachments

• Akershus No Tables.JPG
    Akershus No Tables.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 9
Akershus is VERY popular. I tried at exactly 7 AM on my 180 for an ADR the 3rd day of our trip and there was nothing. I did finally snag on just yesterday using the ADR Finder tool in Touring Plans.

They're just not loaded yet, I'll bet. It happens for certain restaurants from time to time that they just aren't loaded by the 180 day mark. Stay diligent! And good luck!pixiedust:

They're just not loaded yet, I'll bet. It happens for certain restaurants from time to time that they just aren't loaded by the 180 day mark. Stay diligent! And good luck!

That's a relief. I'll try again each day. Thanks so much!

I called the WDW-DINE phone number. The Rep and her supervisor both agreed it looked weird and escalated to IT. She said it's not that it isn't loaded since Saturday and Sunday afterward both have availability.

I had planned on going to Epcot on Friday 1/25/19. However, it appears that Akershus has NO availability at all on either Thursday 1/24 or Friday 1/25, despite those days being 184 and 185 days out as of today. And yet there's a whole ton of availability on both Wednesday 1/23 and Saturday 1/26. Does this mean Akershus is closed for some reason on both of those days? Maybe because late January is the "off-season"?
I have not been able to find availability either. It is odd that it has not been loaded yet for those two days when it is available prior to and after. fingers crossed that someone figures it out soon

I was able to get Akershus breakfast for Monday 1/28 as my 180+1 day without issue. Maybe there were some large parties/events booking for over those 2 days and it is legitimately booked, or some kind of brief 2-day renovation going on?

I have been trying to get Akershus for any point in our stay for either lunch or dinner in mid December. I have been looking since 180 +8 and have not been able to find anything either for regular seating or for candle light processional. I have been frequently looking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!