Akershus Dining Plan Gold

jsbowl16

DIS Veteran
I sat down last night and went through all of the menus of the places we will be eating on our August trip and once again the dining plan will save us about $200 for two adults and a child. I cannot believe that Akershus is still one dining credit. According to my calculations, two adults with two glasses of wine and one child for dinner is $200 after tax. That will be more than getting two filets, desserts, wine and a childs meal at Jiko and a lot of other signatures. If anyone is planning on going to Akershus, take a good look at the DDP because it might save you some money.

We go there all the time.. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why I subject myself to continuously be cheated out of my own dessert :P! I paid for 3 meals separately, we should all get 3 sets of desserts! Not one to share :joker:

Many people on this site have never had the dining plan and for many it works well for them. After each vacation I sit down and calculate the cost and for my mob it saves me a small fortune. In my case it works because we take 4 of my daughters maternal relatives and if they are not paying they go for the most expensive thing on the menu. Sigh but we do Akershus every trip.

Many people on this site have never had the dining plan and for many it works well for them. After each vacation I sit down and calculate the cost and for my mob it saves me a small fortune. In my case it works because we take 4 of my daughters maternal relatives and if they are not paying they go for the most expensive thing on the menu. Sigh but we do Akershus every trip.

For sure, it is different for every family. Every time we've priced it out, the dining plan does not save us money. But we don't necessarily want the most expensive meals and we HATE character meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!