Akershus on EMH morning

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
On a morning when Epcot opens at 8am, an 8:05 ADR at Akershus would not get you into the park before 8am, correct?

Even without EMH, they usually let you in around 15 min early so you can make it to your ADR. It's not feasible for you to make an 8:05 if they only let you in at 8, and they seem to know that and accommodate for it. They also will likely be moving people towards the ropes before 8am.

Even without EMH, they usually let you in around 15 min early so you can make it to your ADR. It's not feasible for you to make an 8:05 if they only let you in at 8, and they seem to know that and accommodate for it. They also will likely be moving people towards the ropes before 8am.
Thanks - we have definitely been let in at 7:45 on mornings with 9am openings, I'm just not sure if they do the same on 8am opening days, but you're right, people wouldn't physically make it to the restaurant if they didn't let you in at least a bit before 8.

Just one caveat, it may depend what entrance you use. We once went to an ADR via the main Epcot gate and they had a separately marked entrance for dining reservations, we got in early, easy peasy. Last time we were staying at Beach club and went in via the international gateway entrance last year and there was no separate line for dining reservations: just a big mass of people bunched up waiting to get in at 8 for EMH. I think the narrower pathway there just makes it difficult. Hopefully when the skyliner opens they will address this, but based on what I saw unless you were willing to shove past people there was not a solution for folks to get in earlier for dining at the IG entrance. Would not matter if you are going in the main gate, but wanted to mention just in case.

Thanks MomOTwins - we would be coming from BC so I think I will forget about this reservation! I was on the fence anyway about eating during prime EMH time and this settles it.

Thanks MomOTwins - we would be coming from BC so I think I will forget about this reservation! I was on the fence anyway about eating during prime EMH time and this settles it.
My daughter loves akershus breakfast 💕. The princess interaction is great there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter