AKL be Polynesian

I have not stayed at Poly. It always seems to be the most expensive resort, even more $$$ than the GF which I have been to and loved. I didn't care for the Contemporary when I stayed there. To me, AKL is impressive. The lobby has real wow factor and I love the rooms. I know it's a matter of taste, but IMO AKL may be the finest example of Disney theming in a hotel. I really missed that feel when I was at the CR. Having said that, I do see why people like being on the monorail. There is something to be said for not having to remove your sleeping child from a stroller to load onto a bus, but no resort allows you to avoid buses entirely. I also agree that Poly is more convenient to the other monorail resorts to pop in for dining, and there are some excellent choices. The MK area is just so magical. On our next trip we are going back to AKL because it is just so much cheaper than GF or Poly. One day I will stay at the Poly because I do want to try it, but the standard rooms tend to be gone whenever I book and there is zero chance I'm paying $3700/night for a bungalow that is over alligator infested water when I could go to Bora Bora for less lol.

I have not stayed at Poly. It always seems to be the most expensive resort, even more $$$ than the GF which I have been to and loved. I didn't care for the Contemporary when I stayed there. To me, AKL is impressive. The lobby has real wow factor and I love the rooms. I know it's a matter of taste, but IMO AKL may be the finest example of Disney theming in a hotel. I really missed that feel when I was at the CR. Having said that, I do see why people like being on the monorail. There is something to be said for not having to remove your sleeping child from a stroller to load onto a bus, but no resort allows you to avoid buses entirely. I also agree that Poly is more convenient to the other monorail resorts to pop in for dining, and there are some excellent choices. The MK area is just so magical. On our next trip we are going back to AKL because it is just so much cheaper than GF or Poly. One day I will stay at the Poly because I do want to try it, but the standard rooms tend to be gone whenever I book and there is zero chance I'm paying $3700/night for a bungalow that is over alligator infested water when I could go to Bora Bora for less lol.
I feel like you get it exactly! I would love to go but don’t know if it is worth it. AKL is beautiful and the food is amazing and it’s nice that it doesn’t feel so crowded. Plus the discounts are deep on the rooms because it is so isolated.

The choice is yours but I believe you have some major misconceptions.
AKL is by far not 25 minutes for anything. It is about 20 minutes usually less more 15-18 to MK to AK it is about 3 minutes to EPCOT or Hollywood studios 10 at best.
The poly will be the close but in different order and likely longer overall.
As far as the Poly rooms being outdated that is more of the style.... it is a very immersive resort with that you will not find more modern parts BUT the DVC rooms do have a second bathroom with a rainfall shower but I would hardly call the rooms modern looking......
as far as crowded both resorts get very crowded around dinner time.
Both in the end are immersive offering different things... As far as the Poly you can be in the pool and watch the fireworks better view than standing on the beach... and they do check bands around that time at the pool. AKL well how can you beat looking at Animals from your Balcony providing you are in your room when they are out.
If budget allows maybe do a split see which you like better. For me if I were spending a lot of time at the resort AKL offers a lot to do. Poly also offers enough but the highlight is in fact watching the fireworks and electric parade... and in the not so distant past the Hammocks that have been sadly taken out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter