AKL Concierge question inside...

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
I just booked AKL Concierge for 10/10 and 10/11. I requested a non-smoking room and bunk beds. Is there anything else I should request? A view?

Thanks!

Karen

P.S. Tell me everything about it, if you can!!! Thanks!

Hi Karen! I've never visited the AKL, so I can't really offer a personal experience here, but I have been researching this hotel for about six months now. Here's what I've found about room requests:

You can pretty much request whatever you want, but it's not guaranteed that you'll get it. In addition, people have reported that it's best not to request TOO many things, because you really narrow down your choices and have a greater chance of not getting everything you'd hoped for. However, I've heard that AKL Concierge is very good, and will make every attempt to meet all of your requests.

I've seen people request views a lot since there's no guarantee that you'll get a savannah view room in Concierge. You can even request a view of a specific savannah. I've read that the Arusha savannah and the Sunset savannahs are the best (they have different animals).

You can also request a specific floor. The Concierge lounge is on the sixth floor, so it seems that a lot of people want to be near the lounge and on the "secured" floor. However, there are not a whole lot of rooms on the sixth floor, and I think that the fifth floor has better views of the savannah. Maybe someone can give us their opinion on this?

Whatever you request, you should probably request it in order of importance. For example, if you really have your heart set on a room with a view of the Arusha savannah, you should list that first kind-of like this:

Arusha savannah view
non-smoking room
bunk beds
on the fifth floor

You can tell your concierge about your room requests when they contact you, or you can go ahead and contact the concierge now.

I hope this helps! Happy vacationing!!! :D

We stayed at AKL last February. You will love it there!! I can't wait to go back... tried for the standard room with the codes, but couldn't turn down the concierge level at that rate ($279)! It is only for two nights, so it won't break the bank! lol

Hope you have a great time! Thanks for the tips!

Karen

Trust me on this one. We stayed last May for 7 nights at the AKL (Concierge) in room 5419. Bunk beds and a great view of the animals. The rooms on the 6th floor (I looked in them) do not have the views you want. The walk from 5419 to the concierge lounge is short. Please leave the room in good shape. We are going back the week after you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter