AKL Kidani - bus to parks

Jmar2009

Earning My Ears
Hi, I saw the bus times on the touring plans site and it shows that from the hotel to the other parks it is 50 min to MK and 18 min to AK? Does that seem right?
I was kinda shocked when I saw that. I've stayed at the all star resorts and remembered it being about 25min or so to MK and didn't think that was bad.
I understand things can happen and with covid and all things might be a little different and delayed. Was just curious and want to be prepared or even consider renting a car.
TY!

They list average times which include waiting for the bus. From Kidani, the bus stops at Jambo before heading to the parks, which can add some time, but 50 minutes seems really high to me.

They list average times which include waiting for the bus. From Kidani, the bus stops at Jambo before heading to the parks, which can add some time, but 50 minutes seems really high to me.
Right?! I just want to know the travel time. Guess I could google map it too

We rode the bus from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge and it was probably only 5 minutes if that. It was a quick get on and immediately felt like we were getting off. From the Magic Kingdom, it was maybe a little over 20 minutes?

What the travel time may be during this time of Covid rules, I do not know, and I am guessing it can be quite a bit longer than at other times. But as far as actual time in the past, the many times I have done it:

From when you get on the bus:

To MK: it will depend on time of day. During rush times in the morning, Kidani often has a direct bus to MK and actual travel time is about 20 minutes. For other times, you go to Jambo before going to the park, which can add 6-10 minutes to the trip to MK.

To Epcot and Studios: buses stop at Jambo first and, similar to Mk, it takes a total of about 20 to 30 minutes.

To AK: bus stops at Jambo and total total time is 10 to 15 minutes.

Return times are often shorter once on the bus because the bus from any park stops first at Kidani.

I have found the buses at Kidani to be more reliable than other resorts with fewer delays, although there ia always a risk of delay for any bus from any resort.

Nevertheless, the time spent on the bus is only a part of the issue at Kidani. There is also the problem of how long it takes to get to the bus stop from your room. Kidani has two wings, north and south (front entrance faces west), and the bus station is on the south wing not real far from the lobby. But the Kidani building, from one end to the other, is about 2/3 of a mile long, among the longest single hotel buildings in the world. If you have a room near the end of the north wing, just walking to the bus station in the morning with kids in tow can take 10 minutes or more, less from an end room on the south wing.

Last edited:
What the travel time may be during this time of Covid rules, I do not know, and I am guessing it can be quite a bit longer than at other times. But as far as actual time in the past, the many times I have done it:

From when you get on the bus:

To MK: it will depend on time of day. During rush times in the morning, Kidani often has a direct bus to MK and actual travel time is about 20 minutes. For other times, you go to Jambo before going to the park, which can add 6-12 minutes to the trip to MK.

To Epcot and Studios: buses stop at Jambo first and, similar to Mk, it takes a total of about 25 to 30 minutes.

To AK: bus stops at Jambo and total total time is 10 to 15 minutes.

Return times are often shorter once on the bus because the bus from any park stops first at Kidani.

I have found the buses at Kidani to be more reliable than other resorts with fewer delays, although there ia always a risk of delay for any bus from any resort.

Nevertheless, the time spent on the bus is only a part of the issue at Kidani. There is also the problem of how long it takes to get to the bus stop from your room. Kidani has two wings, north and south (front entrance faces west), and the bus station is on the south wing not real far from the lobby. But the Kidani building, from one end to the other, is about 2/3 of a mile long, among the longest single hotel buildings in the world. If you have a room near the end of the north wing, just walking to the bus station in the morning with kids in tow can take 10 minutes or more, less from an end room on the south wing.
Thank you

The last time we stayed at Kidani, the bus to Epcot took about 13 minutes. 50 minutes to MK is wrong.

Touring Plans includes the wait time. It's meant to give you a realistic estimate of how long it will take from the moment you get to the bus stop to the park. Right now, people are often waiting for SEVERAL buses to come before it's their turn to load. If you read these boards, it's not been unusual during COVID for people to wait 60 minutes for their turn on a bus.

If you don't want to wait that long for a bus, I would rent a car.

Touring Plans includes the wait time. It's meant to give you a realistic estimate of how long it will take from the moment you get to the bus stop to the park. Right now, people are often waiting for SEVERAL buses to come before it's their turn to load. If you read these boards, it's not been unusual during COVID for people to wait 60 minutes for their turn on a bus.

If you don't want to wait that long for a bus, I would rent a car.
Thank you. That's good to hear! If that includes wait time I'm good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter