AKL-Kidani or OKW?

WRLeGrand

Mouseketeer
So I attempted to change resorts at my 7 month window (the abbreviated version is: it did not go well). With that said, we decided to book OKW in a 2 bedroom. The other available option is AKL Kidani.

Which would be better?

Only you can tell the answer to that. For me OKW, but that has been one of our homes for 25 years. Kidani is very nice, but we just like the quiet laid back feel and all the space of OKW. We have stayed at all the WDW DVC units, except the VGF. All are great but OKW will always be HOME.

We love Kidani. It's the only DVC we keep going back to because it's so serene and awesome in so many ways.

For a little more insight, we are have two boys 6 and 4. We spend a lot of time in the parks. We have only stayed DVC at Boardwalk and Polynesian, so this would be a new experience obviously...

I have two boys, 14 and 8, and they loved both resorts actually. Closer to Disney Springs if that is a concern, at OKW, but with Kidani, bigger rooms, and the animals of course, but not close to anything

OKW 2BR is larger and the 2nd BR has 2 real beds.

Kidani has a 3rd bathroom and (counting access to Jambo House) has easy access to 2 pools and multiple giraffes...

I have two boys, 14 and 8, and they loved both resorts actually. Closer to Disney Springs if that is a concern, at OKW, but with Kidani, bigger rooms, and the animals of course, but not close to anything
OKW two bedroom has bigger rooms than KV. But KV has the extra bathroom if that is a perk for you. AKV has two really nicely themed pools. OKW has one nicely themed pool and three more unthemed pools. You can take a boat from OKW to Disney Springs. But AKV has animals on the savanna. OKW has a few wild animals lurking in the woods.

We've owned OKW since 1997 and stayed there roughly 25 times or so in the past 21 years. Got another stay coming up in December. We stayed in KV twice and really enjoyed it.

Would you consider a split stay and book both of them?

We typically are not "bus" people, but given the options we did decide to switch to Animal Kingdom- Kidani 2 bedroom. We think it will feel more "Disney" and be exciting for our little boys!

If Kidani is a dedicated 2 bedroom, it too would have two queens in second bedroom. Kidani has a wonderful community room and activities. That would be my pick.

We typically are not "bus" people, but given the options we did decide to switch to Animal Kingdom- Kidani 2 bedroom. We think it will feel more "Disney" and be exciting for our little boys!
You'll have a grand time at AKV-KV. We enjoy it there, too.

AKV is our home resort and we love it.

We have also stayed at OKW both recently under our own ownership, and back when DVC was brand new and by grandparents bought into it. I have a lot of great memories at OKW and it has been interesting to see the changes at the resort over the years.

I know you have already made a choice, but you would have a great stay at either.

AKV is our home resort and we love it.

We have also stayed at OKW both recently under our own ownership, and back when DVC was brand new and by grandparents bought into it. I have a lot of great memories at OKW and it has been interesting to see the changes at the resort over the years.

I know you have already made a choice, but you would have a great stay at either.

I think we ultimately decided on just that...any where at Disney is going to beat being at work! We are pretty excited now with AK, and I cannot say we were overly excited on OKW. I think we always view OKW as an option when our boys are a little older.

Bus times will vary at any resort - most of the time, they are great. OKW has more stops within the resort, so that might be a potential negative. Kidani is the first stop at AKV for park buses, so you are pretty much guaranteed a seat when boarding and the first to get dropped off at the end of a long day.

....I got the feeling that OKW runs their buses similar to CBR. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the bus system there [CBR].

It seems that the buses are rated slightly higher at AK, compared to OKW from what I can gather.

I was a little worried because we visited Jambo House with friends last summer and waited over and hour for a bus from there to Hollywood Studios. We ended up getting a cab, but the bus pulled up right as we walked off. It was a nightmare with three kids 6 and under. I am sure it was an unfortunately and rare thing, but it definitely had me worried..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!