AKL or CCV?

Ashmagash

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes...
We own DVC at BCV and are booked for a quick trip Feb 4-7th 2020 in a two bedroom. Trip will be my in-laws, husband, 3 year old, 11 month old, and myself. We have a week at BLT this October and are planning a week next December at our home resort, so for our February trip want to try something new. We have narrowed it down to AKL or CCV. Likely spending one day at MK and another at AK. Which would you go with and why? It is my in-laws first WDW trip (possibly only- they aren't "disney people." - crazy I know). My biggest concern is that AKL is so far from everything, but maybe for this short trip it would be the perfect time to check it out? If we book here would likely do Savanna view. Thanks!

We really love AKL (not a DVC but regular room) and I don't find it to be too far away. The resort is beautiful and the pool at Kidani is very small kid friendly.

You are a family of five plus one. You'd need a two bedroom at CCV since the one bedroom only sleeps four. You could do a one bedroom at KV. AKV isn't that far from AK, Epcot (maybe 15 minutes by bus) or DHS (maybe 10 minutes). Only MK would be a longer bus ride.

100% CCV. I've stayed at both and the view of the lake and waterfalls beats the animals hands down. A boatride to MK can't be beat. The holiday decorations in December at CCV really takes it to a whole other level, really feels magical.

I’d go with AKV - Kidani. The two bedroom has three full bathrooms. You can get much closer to the animals at Kidani than you can at Jambo bc DVC at Jambo is all on the fifth and sixth floors. The pool and splash zone at Kidani is great for toddlers and smaller children. The dining options are exceptional AND there is a shuttle that runs continuously between Jambo and Kidani.

I love both resorts and have stayed in one-bedroom villas at both. I think Kidani would be a real wow factor for your in-laws. I only stay there with a savanna view, it's the main reason for me being there. Where else can you walk out onto your balcony and see giraffes and zebras unless you're on a safari in Africa? I like the rooms better at Kidani, but like the main building Jambo better for their lobby and food options. They have a shuttle between buildings or you can walk it's about ten minutes.

I love both resorts and have stayed in one-bedroom villas at both. I think Kidani would be a real wow factor for your in-laws. I only stay there with a savanna view, it's the main reason for me being there. Where else can you walk out onto your balcony and see giraffes and zebras unless you're on a safari in Africa? I like the rooms better at Kidani, but like the main building Jambo better for their lobby and food options. They have a shuttle between buildings or you can walk it's about ten minutes.
The two bedroom villa at JH is a lockoff. There isn't a third bathroom. The one bedroom doesn't have the second bathroom. Plus the master bathroom is outside the master bedroom. I'd choose KV over JH for anything larger than a studio.

If you have family that does not "get" Disney then Animal Kingdom Lodge is a good option. Looking out your window and watching those animals can be so cool. We were there last June and right after a rain got to see a small giraffe playing tag with its mother for about 15 minutes. The down side is the location my girls did not like the ride times to Magid Kingdom.

We stayed in a two-bedroom at Kidani last summer and it was amazing. Transportation was very efficient. I don’t think we ever waited more than 8-10 minutes for a bus.

We stayed in a two-bedroom at Kidani last summer and it was amazing. Transportation was very efficient. I don’t think we ever waited more than 8-10 minutes for a bus.
That's great to know. I always worry about the buses. I think our goal is to switch to Kidani at our 7 month window thanks to everyone's advice :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter