AKL room question

tink2

DIS Veteran
OK- so we finally got our upgrade from POFQ. Now, what about room requests? My mother is disabled and cannot walk very far- plus we have 2 children under the age of 5. We have a savannah view and want close to the fast food area and bus stops. I don't know much about AKL- am trying to learn really quick! I want to get the room request in as soon as possible. Any suggestions?
We also want two queen beds.
Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by tink2
OK- so we finally got our upgrade from POFQ. Now, what about room requests? My mother is disabled and cannot walk very far- plus we have 2 children under the age of 5. We have a savannah view and want close to the fast food area and bus stops. I don't know much about AKL- am trying to learn really quick! I want to get the room request in as soon as possible. Any suggestions?
We also want two queen beds.
Thanks for your help!

Okay. If you have a savanna view booked and you want to be close to the food area and pool request the Zebra Trail. There is only one bus stop at the AKL and it is at the front of the resort.

The first time I stayed there, it was on 3rd Floor (same as check in) on the Ostich Trail. It was farly close to check in, across from the elevators to food, and the bus stop.

Zebra trail is close to the various restaurants, including Mara, and also the pool. Ask for a room close to the lobby or elevator -- it can be a long walk to the end of the Zebra trail wing.

The lobby is on 3rd floor, but some people have found 3rd floor rooms near the lobby a little noisy, with all the people walking from the lobby down the Zebra trail corridor to their room. Others have said they weren't bothered by the noise at all, so don't know how to advise you --- just describing the situation. (We were almost at the end of Kudu trail, 2nd floor. We loved the location and it was very quiet, but it was a long walk to the pool and Mara.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter