AKL Savanna v. POP

babyt

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I was lucky enough to get an CM that found a code by my name. I have gotten postcards in the mail for discounts, but I tossed them thinking we were going to wait until fall for our next trip. Well plans changed and we are going in May. So I called, 3 times to check on a code. The first two said no, the third was my lucky one becuase she found my code. She was very helpful!!! Anyway. We booked at POP for $59 a night May 11-15, but she said we could get AKL Savanna view for $166. I know AKL is much nicer, but is it worth the extra $107 a night? I am going with my sister in law and our 3 kids - so good transportation is a major concern - is one or the other better on that front. We wanted the comtemporary for the monorail, but there was nothing left with my discount in that one!

I thought value resorts could only hold 4 in a room?

Doesn't matter - DEFINATELY, SWITCH to AKL!!!! YES, it is worth it for that! and your trip will be A LOT better for you and the children (and SIL) - the room will be a little bigger, more upscale. Switch TODAY.

If you are all staying in the same room, I would stay at AKL. The rooms at the values are tiny.

Yes it's worth it. :banana: But I would check with both to make sure you can put 5 people in a room. Not sure that is possible at either. :confused3

Thanks, I will talk to my SIL asap and try to get her to switch. On the question about 5 people, my daughter is only 2, so they said she is considered an infant and that we would be okay (4 is the adult/child limit, you can have 5 if one is an infant). Booked it though the CM, so I think she would have said something if it was a problem.

It is soooo worth it. That is a great rate for a savannah room. We went in Dec and upgraded from POP to AKL and it was just great. We did have out own vehicle so transportation was not a problem, however the busses at AKL are very good and are not shared with any other resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter