AKL Value Studio 11Months out

ahward

Mouseketeer
How difficult are Value studios 11months to the day to get? So I am talking 1pm release time. Thinking of May 2022 and also Christmas 2023 thanks .

Last edited:
I think they are difficult but not impossible. Christmas time will be hard I'm sure, as most people walk reservations to get those rooms. Also with the excess of points from the shut down, who knows what that effect will be.

Booking opens at 8 am EST when it’s exactly at 11 months. Many times of the year, they are gone in seconds.

For Xmas, you may even need to begin walking the reservation.

Booking opens at 8 am EST when it’s exactly at 11 months. Many times of the year, they are gone in seconds.

For Xmas, you may even need to begin walking the reservation.
Sorry yes I am in the UK, walking a few months out for Christmas?

Also consider that for your check in date, only one or two may even be open. Others will be taken by people arriving before you.

Yes, I walked a HH GV OKW for three weeks before our December stay as there are only 2 such units. Couldn’t start walking earlier as people were walking thanksgiving. 😱🙄😳

Pretty much assume that at 8:00:05 EST that all AKV value rooms are gone. You have to be actively refreshing and be very lucky... Ive learned to stock value rooms a month before our desired dates in case I can start to walk a reservation.

To make things worse the Dwarf error page can screw up a started reservation before you confirm everything. This will release the room and you will most likely not get it again due to other members actively refreshing.

Value studios are often either gone within moments after 8 a.m. eastern at 11-months out, or already gone shortly before 11-months out. On a typical day at 11-months out, you are not competing for the 18 value studios that exist. Instead, you are competing for a much smaller number of value studios, probably 5 or less, consisting of those value studios for which members are checking out on the given date 11-months away. The winners are simply those whose computers communicate fastest with Disney's right at 8 a.m.

During the high demand season from late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan,, most everyday follows that pattern, although sometimes the rooms may last a little beyond 8 a.m. Best, but still low, chance for that occurring is when attempting to reserve, at 11-months out, a late Sep or early Oct start date, a start date between the end of Food & Wine and the Thurs, a week before Thanksgiving, a start date of the Saturday after Thanksgiving, a start date between Dec 15 and 21, and a start after Jan 2 but before the Wednesday of Marathon weekend in Jan.

During the rest of the year, the values disappear at or before 8 a.m. at 11 months out about 65% of the time. Best chance (although still fairly low) for one to still be open beyond 8 a.m. is when seeking a start date during DVC's lowest demand times of the year: Feb 1 to the Thurs before Presidents.Day, late Feb after the Princess half marathon weekend through about March 10, the last week of April, and July 6 to 31.

If a room is full when you make an attempt at 11-months out, you might sometimes pick up days later as "walkers" pass by, although the problem there is that "success" can often mean no more than getting part of the days you actually want.

You can also attempt to walk yourself. The one significant problem with that is finding a day you can begin a walk.You cannot begin any earlier than the first date of the use year in which your trip will take place. For example, if you have an Oct use year and want Oct dates, the earliest you can begin a walk is with an Oct 1 start date because points in any Sep reservation could not be carried oner into the applicable Oct time frame while walking.

For a Christmas trip, the best time to start looking for a possible start date for walking is in July after July 5. Though, as mentioned above, there are possible dates that might open up in Oct and after, those are still less likely to happen than a date in July. In any event, unless your applicable use year prevents it, you should probably start looking for a start date for walking no later than mid-Sep.

As to an April trip, you should likely start looking for a start date beginning in early Feb, and start looking no later than a late Feb start date.

Last edited:
Value studios are often either gone within moments after 8 a.m. eastern at 11-months out, or already gone shortly before 11-months out. On a typical day at 11-months out, you are not competing for the 18 value studios that exist. Instead, you are competing for a much smaller number of value studios, probably 5 or less, consisting of those value studios for which members are checking out on the given date 11-months away. The winners are simply those whose computers communicate fastest with Disney's right at 8 a.m.

During the high demand season from late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan,, most everyday follows that pattern, although sometimes the rooms may last a little beyond 8 a.m. Best, but still low, chance for that occurring is when attempting to reserve, at 11-months out, a late Sep or early Oct start date, a start date between the end of Food & Wine and the Thurs, a week before Thanksgiving, a start date of the Saturday after Thanksgiving, a start date between Dec 15 and 21, and a start after Jan 2 but before the Wednesday of Marathon weekend in Jan.

During the rest of the year, the values disappear at or before 8 a.m. at 11 months out about 65% of the time. Best chance (although still fairly low) for one to still be open beyond 8 a.m. is when seeking a start date during DVC's lowest demand times of the year: Feb 1 to the Thurs before Presidents.Day, late Feb after the Princess half marathon weekend through about March 10, the last week of April, and July 6 to 31.

If a room is full when you make an attempt at 11-months out, you might sometimes pick up days later as "walkers" pass by, although the problem there is that "success" can often mean no more than getting part of the days you actually want.

You can also attempt to walk yourself. The one significant problem with that is finding a day you can begin a walk.You cannot begin any earlier than the first date of the use year in which your trip will take place. For example, if you have an Oct use year and want Oct dates, the earliest you can begin a walk is with an Oct 1 start date because points in any Sep reservation could not be carried oner into the applicable Oct time frame while walking.

For a Christmas trip, the best time to start looking for a possible start date for walking is in July after July 5. Though, as mentioned above, there are possible dates that might open up in Oct and after, those are still less likely to happen than a date in July. In any event, unless your applicable use year prevents it, you should probably start looking for a start date for walking no later than mid-Sep.

As to an April trip, you should likely start looking for a start date beginning in early Feb, and start looking no later than a late Feb start date.
Fantastic thank you. Just realised it would be a May trip. My use year is March(still waiting ROFR ) so would keep trying from the first day of March. I still need to figure out the system when I get access to it and will need to play around so I am used to it.

When walking i am assuming that you should be trying 11 months + 7?

Fantastic thank you. Just realised it would be a May trip. My use year is March(still waiting ROFR ) so would keep trying from the first day of March. I still need to figure out the system when I get access to it and will need to play around so I am used to it.

When walking i am assuming that you should be trying 11 months + 7?

Waking is simply booking how ever many nights you have the points for and then moving it forward before the check out.

It works as long as you do at least 2 nights. For example, you get March 1 to 5....on the 11 month window for March 4th, you move it forward and do March 4 to 8...just continue until you get to your date,

If you have enough to do 7 nights, then it simply means you dont Have to move as often.

Just always be sure not to borrow points you dont need when you are done as they don’t go back.

Right now, I'm shocked to find I can't even book at 11 months out. Today is the 11th, and it shows that all studios are booked until the 16th. So far during the month of June, there has only been one day where a value studio was available at 11 months out. (I clicked a little too soon. :headache: ) Anyway, I've never seen this before. I've always been able to at least TRY to book one. Does anyone know why this is? I'm hoping it gets better!

Value rooms are difficult to get and you have a small chance of getting one. Keep trying and maybe you'll get lucky. Alot of good advice on this thread about walking.

Value rooms are difficult to get and you have a small chance of getting one. Keep trying and maybe you'll get lucky. Alot of good advice on this thread about walking.
You able to point me towards the correct thread please?

Right now, I'm shocked to find I can't even book at 11 months out. Today is the 11th, and it shows that all studios are booked until the 16th. So far during the month of June, there has only been one day where a value studio was available at 11 months out. (I clicked a little too soon. :headache: ) Anyway, I've never seen this before. I've always been able to at least TRY to book one. Does anyone know why this is? I'm hoping it gets better!
Everyone with points deferred from this year is booking spring/summer 2021. It will be bad for a while I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter