AKL value studio ???

Pacha

Mouseketeer
Have done some searching through the forums and answered a lot of question my DW and I had, but a few still remain. We are planning on renting points from David's for a value studio at Jambo House for our next trip.

1) I am pretty sure from my research that even though we are renting we get free access to the DVC laundry on the 5th floor and the fitness center (correct me please if I'm wrong).

2) What size coffee makers are in the value studios and if smaller than normal what size filters do we need to bring or are the filters and coffee provided.

3) Can we use the DVC grocery delivery service ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Have done some searching through the forums and answered a lot of question my DW and I had, but a few still remain. We are planning on renting points from David's for a value studio at Jambo House for our next trip.

1) I am pretty sure from my research that even though we are renting we get free access to the DVC laundry on the 5th floor and the fitness center (correct me please if I'm wrong).

Yes to the laundry....not 100% sure on the fitness center....

2) What size coffee makers are in the value studios and if smaller than normal what size filters do we need to bring or are the filters and coffee provided.

IIRC, they are standard, 10-cup coffee makers. I believe there is one packet of regular and one packet of decaf that are provided in filter packs. If you want more, you will need to bring it or buy it.

Yes.

Thanks in advance for your help,

I wish you good luck in securing your reservation. There are only 18 value studios available in the entire resort. 10 of them are part of the 2BR lock-offs. David will need to find an AKV owner who can book your reservation for you right at 11 months or you may be out of luck. The value rooms are a great deal and there are so few of them, they go fast.

I think the fitness center is available to all AKV guests.

Does DVC even have its own grocery delivery service? I’m pretty sure you have the same options as DVCers, regardless.

I definitely agree that getting a value studio can be tough for renters. You need to book very early (and have very solid plans as there are typically no refunds for cancellation.

While you can use the DVC delivery service, it's the resort prices, IIRC. Most DVCers use wegoshop or gardengrocer for grocery delivery.

I am one of those creative micro-cookers who can do a lot with the toaster, microwave, and coffeepot, and a few microwave meals from Voila, and Buitoni. Just remember there isn't a lot of room in the freezer. I bring stuff from home like oatmeal packets, cocoa, pre-cooked bacon, cheese, sandwich flatbreads, etc.

The fitness center is available to all AKL guests (hotel and DVC) at no extra charge.

David's was able to get me one of these for Spring Break this year. I did book at 11 months though.

Yes, as far as the coffee makers-they are the big ones....theoretically. And every time I've been fortunate enough to have a value studio, I've gotten one. However, in another studio I got the little coffee maker. As a coffee drinker, I wanted the big coffee maker, so I called housekeeping. Just a few minutes later they brought me the big coffee maker-and brand new too.

Can anyone tell me about the AKV Jambo House value studios? We were lucky enough to get one for a future trip and would like to know what to expect in the way of views, location, etc.

TIA.

DizBub said:
Can anyone tell me about the AKV Jambo House value studios? We were lucky enough to get one for a future trip and would like to know what to expect in the way of views, location, etc.

TIA.

The Values are located along the Ostrich and Giraffe Trails. They can have either a Parking Lot, Pool or Savanna View. The link below is a map of the Jambo House DVC Villas.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We stayed in a value 2-bedroom which was a studio and a 1-bedroom lock-off. We were on 2nd floor looking at the entrance and watched everyone unloading there cars to check in. Didn't spend too much time in the room. :)

:) Our views from value studio at Jambo room 5122.

Looking right

IMG_1245.jpg

Looking left

IMG_1244.jpg

straight view

IMG_1243.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter