AKL vs WL

So I told my husband “who didn’t care where we stayed” that we were going to stay at Wilderness Lodge and he said I guess this means no morning jungle juice and watching animals on the savanna, so I am booking AKL today 🤣. Thanks for everyone’s help.

So I told my husband “who didn’t care where we stayed” that we were going to stay at Wilderness Lodge and he said I guess this means no morning jungle juice and watching animals on the savanna, so I am booking AKL today 🤣. Thanks for everyone’s help.

I hope we both enjoy our stays! :D

This is so funny on many levels. I think we may be married to twins separated at birth. That passive "wherever" that turns into a "no way" I am staying there. Usually, his criteria is to make sure the resort has quick access to the food venue that MUST serve a breakfast/bounty platter in the morning. This past week, I changed a ressie from YC to BC because DH found out YC allows pet dogs in any room. I now have to add that criteria to the breakfast bounty platter. :p

We love both. We stayed at WL just before Christmas and AKL in late January. It is often hard for us to choose between the two. We prefer the hot tubs at AKL and the pool at WL. We love the restaurants at AKL which I think are better in general than at WL (though we do enjoy Geyser Point and the Territory Lounge). But there is better access to other resorts (and hence restaurants) at WL because you can take the bus to MK and go from their bus stop to practically anywhere. Rooms are both about the same size. Both are beautifully designed and landscaped and can be very relaxing. We've more or less taken to alternating (along with some other resorts) so that we don't do the same one twice in a row but it honestly often just comes down to availability and how we feel at the time of booking. I'm trying to book our next trip and we're waffling between AKL, WL, BW and YC/BC (though only if we go before January 2025 because of pool refurbishment). We're having a difficult time deciding.

This is so funny on many levels. I think we may be married to twins separated at birth. That passive "wherever" that turns into a "no way" I am staying there. Usually, his criteria is to make sure the resort has quick access to the food venue that MUST serve a breakfast/bounty platter in the morning. This past week, I changed a ressie from YC to BC because DH found out YC allows pet dogs in any room. I now have to add that criteria to the breakfast bounty platter. :p
Hilarious 😂

We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge 21 times over the past thirty years and Animal Kingdom Lodge two times so obviously WL is my favourite but…..if you are staying a minimum of six nights, a split stay would be the best of both worlds for you

Both are great, relaxing resorts, we have stayed at both for non park trips and park trips. We prefer WL because of it's location, looking out a Bay Lake and feeling like you are in the middle of the woods, yet you are only a few minutes away from so much, hearing the boats sound their horns, taking a boat ride to another resort for lunch or dinner, or shopping. Hopping over to the CR to ride the monorail. From some of the rooms you can see the fireworks at MK every night. There are so many great quite spots to enjoy a cup of coffee and have a conversation. I could go on but as you can probably tell we are huge fans of the WL.

Both are great, relaxing resorts, we have stayed at both for non park trips and park trips. We prefer WL because of it's location, looking out a Bay Lake and feeling like you are in the middle of the woods, yet you are only a few minutes away from so much, hearing the boats sound their horns, taking a boat ride to another resort for lunch or dinner, or shopping. Hopping over to the CR to ride the monorail. From some of the rooms you can see the fireworks at MK every night. There are so many great quite spots to enjoy a cup of coffee and have a conversation. I could go on but as you can probably tell we are huge fans of the WL.
Thank you!

There is nothing else at WDW like sitting out on your balcony watching the animals while sipping your morning coffee or evening glass of wine. I think you will not regret your decision.
Lots of delicious food choices there are well.

You can try WL next time!

I've stayed at both, and I believe they're designed by the same architect. They're both beautiful resorts, but if I had to choose to stay at one, I'd ask myself-which type of our accommodation would I be least likely to see in "real life"?-and choose that one. For me, I've seen the Old Faithful Inn, the hotel that Wilderness Lodge was themed after, so I'd stay at the other one, Animal Kingdom Lodge, because I figure that's as close as I'll get to an actual African Savannah. The fact that Animal Kingdom Lodge has access to so many yummy food options (including Sanaa, which is just a short walk away) helps, too.

There is nothing else at WDW like sitting out on your balcony watching the animals while sipping your morning coffee or evening glass of wine. I think you will not regret your decision.
Lots of delicious food choices there are well.

You can try WL next time!
Thank y
I've stayed at both, and I believe they're designed by the same architect. They're both beautiful resorts, but if I had to choose to stay at one, I'd ask myself-which type of our accommodation would I be least likely to see in "real life"?-and choose that one. For me, I've seen the Old Faithful Inn, the hotel that Wilderness Lodge was themed after, so I'd stay at the other one, Animal Kingdom Lodge, because I figure that's as close as I'll get to an actual African Savannah. The fact that Animal Kingdom Lodge has access to so many yummy food options (including Sanaa, which is just a short walk away) helps, too.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter