AKL water view rooms recs?

2vets

Addicted since 1971
My sister and I are headed to the AKL this weekend - we are using the Florida Resident Rate code to save a little cash, but since we just booked our trip a few weeks ago, the code is only available for a standard room with a pool view (&%$#!!! No savannah!!!). Does anyone have any recommendations for specific rooms? We'd obviously like to get out TOWARDS the savannah...is this even possible with a pool view??

Thanks!

Originally posted by 2vets
My sister and I are headed to the AKL this weekend - we are using the Florida Resident Rate code to save a little cash, but since we just booked our trip a few weeks ago, the code is only available for a standard room with a pool view (&%$#!!! No savannah!!!). Does anyone have any recommendations for specific rooms? We'd obviously like to get out TOWARDS the savannah...is this even possible with a pool view??

Thanks!

Hi,

We had a water view room on the fifth floor of the Giraffe Trail(it was not a deluxe room even though it was on the fifth floor) and we could see animals out on the Uzima Overlook savanna. Sorry cannot locate the exact room number.

We also had a second floor water view room on the Zebra trail and could not see animals but the pool area is beautiful in our opinion.

We stayed at the AKL for a total of 15 days in 2001 and enjoyed the resort very much. Hope you have a great trip.

Last year, I booked the cheapest room (standard?) and asked for an upgrade when I checked in. We got a pool view which was a bump up. Maybe with a pool view, they could bump you to savannah view. At any rate, there are plenty of relaxing spots for everyone to sit and enjoy the animals. The resort is beyond expectations. Anyone who is not impressed with what Disney has done here, really can never be impressed. As a matter of fact, on 5/7, there was an hour show on the Travel channel highlighting the resort shown. Look for it, maybe they will rerun it later this week.

The smells, the buildings,the people, and vision is incredible here.

Have fun.

I snuck out of work yesterday to see the AKL special (it was on at 3) - it was INCREDIBLE!! I can't wait to see it in person!

Thanks for the tips - I am sort of shy about asking for an upgrade, but maybe I'll try it. No matter where our room is, we will be at WDW - so we will have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter