AKV Concierge?

You need to first ask what are the chances of getting concierge. If you are not an owner of the resort whocan book 11 months out from date of arrival, then chances are slim to none. Even owners have difficulty getting it exactly 11 months out.

The benefits of conceirge include that you get concierge services such as a concierge CM you can contact any time for help or questions, easy concierge check in, and access to the sunset safari (which costs extra) which only concierge quests can take. You also have access to the concierge lounge on the 6th floor of Jambo for food (mostly finger foods) and drink, and you get daily housekeeping and turn down service. The AKV club level rooms -- 5 2BR lock-offs and thus a maximum of ten rooms (studios and 1BRs) -- are all located on the 6th floor of the Jambo building and those are the only rooms on the 6th floor, which is directly above the lobby. Note that only 3 of the five have savanna view (which is not that great) and the other two have pool view. You can not request view, it is luck of the draw

Interesting!

We are members so could book at the 11 month window. Just wondering if it's even worth it.

IMO everyone should stay there for a couple of nights and maybe do the safari. That way you can experience club level for yourself and cross it off your bucket list.

:earsboy: Bill

We did a cash stay and LOVED the Sunrise Safari. The big difference, though, is the cash club stays have a guaranteed savanna view, while the DVC club stays do not. Big difference.

We did a cash stay and LOVED the Sunrise Safari. The big difference, though, is the cash club stays have a guaranteed savanna view, while the DVC club stays do not. Big difference.

What is the Sunrise Safari?

My wife and I returned from AKL Club level yesterday and were staying in a 1bdr (6202). The view was great and we did get a view of the savanna. We got to see numerous animals (zebra, giraffe, ostrich, etc.) each evening. Each day you are provided a continental breakfast, snacks in the afternoon, wine and cheeses and night, concluding with desserts in the evening (first time we never cooked). One benefit was that the concierge available on the 6th floor did get us some dinner reservations that at hard to book restaurants along with resolving my error with the magic bands. They took care of the whole mix up and then brought the bands to my room when resolved.
In my opinion it was worth the extra cost and probably will book again for our next visit.

Club level is the best! I wish other DVC resorts had this option! I don't really like that the club level villas are not guaranteed savanna views though.

My wife and I returned from AKL Club level yesterday and were staying in a 1bdr (6202). The view was great and we did get a view of the savanna. We got to see numerous animals (zebra, giraffe, ostrich, etc.) each evening. Each day you are provided a continental breakfast, snacks in the afternoon, wine and cheeses and night, concluding with desserts in the evening (first time we never cooked). One benefit was that the concierge available on the 6th floor did get us some dinner reservations that at hard to book restaurants along with resolving my error with the magic bands. They took care of the whole mix up and then brought the bands to my room when resolved.
In my opinion it was worth the extra cost and probably will book again for our next visit.

Your experience was the opposite or ours. Being that the savanna is a dead end at the club level rooms, all we saw were some birds and a buffalo type of animal. Nice to know that they have enticed others to now feed there. As far as making reservations for you we were told that they have the same access that we do, maybe that has changed also.

:earsboy: Bill

Do you still have access to the lounge until closing on your check out day? How does this work with the magic band?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter