AKV Kidani Waitlist - What are my chances?

MeridaMonkey

Mouseketeer
I’m trying to book a Standard View 1 bedroom at Kidani for Jan 8-13 (Wed-Mon) for WDW Marathon Weekend. I’ve got the nights of Jan 8 & 9 and the nights of Jan 11 & 12 are still available (I can book those tomorrow).

My concern is the night of Jan 10 (Friday), it’s been unavailable for the past two weeks and it never showed this morning as available (today was the first day of the 7 mo booking window so I expected some movement but there was nothing).

I waitlisted just Jan 10 this morning, any thoughts on the odds of my waitlist coming through??

Thanks!!

I had an early Dec waitlist for two single nights come through about two weeks after the seven months time frame. I had been watching the website every day, a couple of times a day to try to catch it myself. But both nights came through eventually.

That weekend booked out a month or two ago. However, considering how many rooms there are at Kidani (it is MASSIVE) there is an EXCELLENT chance that someone will be cancelling and you will be able to pick it up. It might take months, but I think you can probably depend on it. Just make sure your waitlist request is set up correctly.

Make sure to get what rooms you can, now, and then just waitlist that one. When it comes through, call Member services and have them hook everything together.

I had an early Dec waitlist for two single nights come through about two weeks after the seven months time frame. I had been watching the website every day, a couple of times a day to try to catch it myself. But both nights came through eventually.
That weekend booked out a month or two ago. However, considering how many rooms there are at Kidani (it is MASSIVE) there is an EXCELLENT chance that someone will be cancelling and you will be able to pick it up. It might take months, but I think you can probably depend on it. Just make sure your waitlist request is set up correctly.

Make sure to get what rooms you can, now, and then just waitlist that one. When it comes through, call Member services and have them hook everything together.

Thanks, I’m feeling a bit more confident 😀

I’m also OBSESSIVELY stalking the RAT, hopefully between the two I get what I’m looking for. There will be three of us in the room and we’re all running the Dopey Challenge, so the extra bathroom will come in handy 😜

I got Jan 11 and 12 like I hoped I would, so January 10 remains the lone holdout....I've got a Standard View 1 bedroom as well as a Savanna View 1 bedroom waitlisted and I have a SSR 1 bedroom booked so, worst case scenario, we at least have a place to sleep on Jan 10.

Now I'm praying to the stalking/waitlist gods for some pixie dust :) :worship:

Jan 10 is the night before the half marathon. That race probably has the most entrants. Good luck with your waitlist.

MS probably thinks I'm completely off my rocker....I've got Standard and Savanna view 1 bedrooms wait-listed at Kidani and I had also booked a 1 bedroom at SSR for Jan 10 as my backup.

A few days ago a CCV 1 bedroom became available for Jan 10 so I canceled SSR and booked CCV.....

THEN this morning a 1 bedroom Savanna view at Jambo was available so I canceled CCV and booked that!!! :tigger:

So at least, if nothing else changes and we still have to change rooms at the midpoint of our stay, we don't have to go far....

Waitlist for the (sort of) win!! My Savanna View 1 bedroom at Kidani came through so at least now we won't have to change buildings, even if we have to change rooms :)

Getting closer!!

I’m trying to book a Standard View 1 bedroom at Kidani for Jan 8-13 (Wed-Mon) for WDW Marathon Weekend. I’ve got the nights of Jan 8 & 9 and the nights of Jan 11 & 12 are still available (I can book those tomorrow).

My concern is the night of Jan 10 (Friday), it’s been unavailable for the past two weeks and it never showed this morning as available (today was the first day of the 7 mo booking window so I expected some movement but there was nothing).

I waitlisted just Jan 10 this morning, any thoughts on the odds of my waitlist coming through??

Thanks!!
I wouldn’t count on the wait list
I’d try to book a room at another resort so at least you have a place to stay if the waitlist does not come through!!
I had 3 nites at kidani over spring break, I had 1 night For 6 th night I had a reservation for
and wait listed the two nights in between
I booked a1 br at kidani for the nite I needed
The waitlist came through about 5 weeks before!
So I did not have to change rooms
Maybe try to get a studio at OKW or SSR booked for that night and if waitlist comes through, you won’t have to change rooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter