AKV Kilimanjaro Club Concierge

Though they love it if you had booked an AKL CL stay & then list it with them!
Our 9- day CL studio stay in Sept. sold within 2 days as a dedicated reservation. David's told us it would go fast!
Did you get a bonus for it?

I have to say concierge level is impossible to book through DVC. I do it exactly at the 11 month mark (I own) and exactly when it opens at 8am. I even walked the reservation few days and still nothing. It was not even during peek times. Anyone have advice on how to book this?

I have to say concierge level is impossible to book through DVC. I do it exactly at the 11 month mark (I own) and exactly when it opens at 8am. I even walked the reservation few days and still nothing. It was not even during peek times. Anyone have advice on how to book this?
Wait list and stalk the website. Anyone walking a reservation will leave openings in their wake.

Keep trying!

Start your walk as soon as you see an opening, more than a few days if you really want it.

With the same idea as the person that wanted to rent a room for concierge early fast passes for SW:GE, I've been stalking AKL concierge for a month now trying to find an "in" to walk the thing to December. My guess is that access to SW:GE is going to essentially be limited to FP holders for months, with the wait to even get into the area for others essentially being "standby". And the chance to get FPs at 90 days will be amazing.

The closer we get to December booking, the more people are going to be trying this strategy. I expected this would be a months long walk.

I bought an AKV contract specifically for 11 month access to value and concierge. After a month of trying - and failing - to book on the days where there's an "in" at 11 month (not every morning has a place to start the walk), I finally got "in" today.

For my first time, I'm walking.

With the same idea as the person that wanted to rent a room for concierge early fast passes for SW:GE, I've been stalking AKL concierge for a month now trying to find an "in" to walk the thing to December. My guess is that access to SW:GE is going to essentially be limited to FP holders for months, with the wait to even get into the area for others essentially being "standby". And the chance to get FPs at 90 days will be amazing.

The closer we get to December booking, the more people are going to be trying this strategy. I expected this would be a months long walk.

I bought an AKV contract specifically for 11 month access to value and concierge. After a month of trying - and failing - to book on the days where there's an "in" at 11 month (not every morning has a place to start the walk), I finally got "in" today.

I have always wondered when owners just get "in" just to walk? Good for you. I know that I have read over and over not to buy AKL for the concierge or value studios because it is just so hard to get them even as an owner. I think it is easier to "walk" now with the new reservation system? I find it interesting, but will never really have to do it with a home resort of OKW. Good point about the access to SWGE with the fast pass thing.

We were lucky enough to book a one bedroom concierge for two nights at about 6 months out. Someone must have cancelled just as I looked. I then wait listed an additional night, and got it. It was extreme luck. We enjoyed our 3 night stay (my husband LOVED the lounge and food offerings) so we thought it was worth the extra points. Our view was of the pool so we had to go to common areas to see the animals.

We were lucky enough to book a one bedroom concierge for two nights at about 6 months out. Someone must have cancelled just as I looked. I then wait listed an additional night, and got it. It was extreme luck. We enjoyed our 3 night stay (my husband LOVED the lounge and food offerings) so we thought it was worth the extra points. Our view was of the pool so we had to go to common areas to see the animals.
Ya, I was able to score two nights in a studio back in June. Beyond lucky with that one.

So you're walking 3-4 months out?!!!

We've walked a value studio as we only have a 100 pt contract.
We used to be able to walk the normal way. Then I saw that everything was booked right away in early November!
I feared it wouldn't work the normal way, so I waited for an opening like you!
We also were booking for Dec., as part of a 2 -week plus stay, starting Thanksgiving week. We have to do it that way as our use Year is Dec., and
so we can't walk for Dec., starting in Nov., unless we keep the Nov. dates.

You'll be so happy that you walked!!!!

So you're walking 3-4 months out?!!!

We've walked a value studio as we only have a 100 pt contract.
We used to be able to walk the normal way. Then I saw that everything was booked right away in early November!
I feared it wouldn't work the normal way, so I waited for an opening like you!
We also were booking for Dec., as part of a 2 -week plus stay, starting Thanksgiving week. We have to do it that way as our use Year is Dec., and
so we can't walk for Dec., starting in Nov., unless we keep the Nov. dates.

You'll be so happy that you walked!!!!
I think the opening of SW:GE is a special case and having concierge access to early FPs will be worth it, if that’s still offered.

It’s my first walk.

But. This is why I bought AKV points, for occasional access to value and concierge.

I think the opening of SW:GE is a special case and having concierge access to early FPs will be worth it, if that’s still offered.

It’s my first walk.

But. This is why I bought AKV points, for occasional access to value and concierge.
Oh, I'm sure it will still be offered, what I wonder is if the price will increase for SWGE? Or perhaps the opportunity to book FP at 120 days out for a higher price? All kinds of scenarios run through my mind.

It’s my first walk.

Yep. I forgot about those coveted extra fast passes! They should definitely make a difference! Quite exciting!
Yep. We bought 100 points @ Kidani planning on 10 or more days in a value studio. Back then, you didn't have to walk as it was before you could book online, & I kept re-dialing to get in when the clock struck 8am CST.
We would have returned yesterday from a 12-night stay w/9 nights in a Kilimanjaro Club Studio, & 3
nights before that in a value studio.
We also planned to take full advantage of the extra fast pass option for Club Level Stays. We rented out both reservations.

Last week I was able to score 3 club level studio days that had opened in Feb. I wasn't even looking. I was looking because someone wanted to rent points for Feb at AKL and saw it was open.

Last week I was able to score 3 club level studio days that had opened in Feb. I wasn't even looking. I was looking because someone wanted to rent points for Feb at AKL and saw it was open.
It can happen, rare, but it does happen.

Out of curiosity what size room are you walking?

Prime examples of how "walking" has gotten out of control! I understand that you are working within the rules that Disney established for modifying a reservation- and therein lies the problem - Disney needs to change it's rules as regarding modifying a reservation. Not sure what that should be ( but some of the people on the "walking" forum have some good ideas)). All AKL owners should have a shot at reserving these rooms for their vacations- not just picking up a day here or there that gets left in the wake of a walker ( assuming you somehow could figure out what time of day the walker was going to release the room).

Availability of these rooms has become dire since the advent of online modifying - it was much less a problem before that when you had to call to modify a resort reservation. Hopefully Disney will notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter