AKV or OKW?? Decisions

copsgirl2322

Earning My Ears
Hi!:wave2:
I have week scheduled July 28th at AKV Kidani and OKW is still available. I have never been to either resort. It will be me, DH, DS(3), DD(2). What resort would be the best??? They both look good but I can't decide! Help please!!:confused3

Since your group is not that large and kids are younger, I would say AKV. OKW is really nice with the larger rooms, but nearly all buildings do not have any elevators. Plus the rooms at OKW have vinyl planks in the living area and not carpeting. With young kids, I think I would want elevators and carpet. Besides, AKV offers some neat experiences for kids and you can use the Jambo pool.

Request a room near the lobby and bus stop (Timon section). You will be in easy walking distance to those two places, plus the elevator and pool.

Hi!:wave2:
I have week scheduled July 28th at AKV Kidani and OKW is still available. I have never been to either resort. It will be me, DH, DS(3), DD(2). What resort would be the best??? They both look good but I can't decide! Help please!!:confused3

If your kids like animals/the zoo, then definitely AKV Kidani. We stayed there in Feb. and we all loved it. We had a 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, and 1yo. You don't have to have a savannah view to enjoy the animals, but it is great to look out the balcony and see the animals. The kids do need to be supervised while on the balcony because if they throw anything off of it to the animals you can be kicked out. I just didn't let them take any toys on the balcony.

If you want space, OKW. (not my fav resort by any means)

The kids like AKL. I like Kidani to park your car under the hotel.
we have 3 kids they prefer AKL.

I always loved OKW for the spacious rooms, huge jacuzzi tub and real home feel. Then I stayed at AKV and now there is no comparison. While the rooms are smaller, nothing beats waking up and drinking my morning coffee on the balcony while watching the zebras, giraffes, ankole cattle, ostriches, etc roaming about outside the rooms. It's the first and last thing my kids and I do every day. We prefer Jambo House over Kidani though. Stayed at Kidani last year and really didn't like it. It just didn't have the same feel as Jambo House. I love, love, love the lobby at Jambo, the smells of the restaurant and the gift shop. I also love The Mara which is Jambo's quick service location. They have a really nice selection of bakery items, hot meals, cold stuff (salads/sandwiches), desserts, sides and drinks. Kidani doesn't have a real quick service location except a small thing by the pool which if it's raining, forget about it.
I will say that Kidani has an amazing mini water park area for the kids (young and old alike). However if you are staying at Jambo you are able to use it as well.
If you stay at Jambo, don't forget to get some Zebra Paws, they are the most amazing dessert!
:goodvibes:goodvibes

Staying at Kidani still allows you the amenities of Jambo. Jambo house is quick to get to if you take any bus other than the DTD one. Those buses stop at Kidani first, then Jambo. DTD bus stops at Jambo first so take that one to get back.

:cheer2:Thanks everyone. My hubby and I decided to do both. We had enough points to make it work. OKW for 3 nights & AKL for 3, just to see both. I saved AKL for the end of the week cause I think it will be a little nicer and I don't want the kids to be let down, lol! I can't wait! It's an unexpected trip, so that makes it even better:) Thanks Again!!:cheer2:

I don't think you need to worry about the kids being let down by either resort, or any of the others for that matter, especially at 2 or 3 years old! You do not mention what type of accomodations? If it's a studio then definitively AKV, the OKW Studios are on the corners w/ obstructed views etc.. With a 1 or 2bd, I love both, OKW and Kidani are our 2 favorites, both have the sleeper chairs and even a 3rd bath in the 2bd's (comes in handy with 3-4 teenagers)!

You'll have a wonderful time! At OKW, make sure to take the boat to DTD, it's beautiful especially at night! Nice to go for dinner or just even ice cream and they have a stage with shows geared for kids!

We just got home today. Did a split stay between the two. When asking my dd's 7 and 11 which they liked better both said they like them both the same for different reasons!!! ;-)

We were at OKW last week. I think the pool games at OKW were so fun for kids, the CM's were young and energetic which made the kids enthusiastic.

I have to say, these are my 2 favorite resorts for different reasons also! We have stayed at AKL twice, totally in love with it. Of course the animals, but it really feels like you are in another country. This last trip we tried OKW. I was nervous about it at first, but fell in love again :) The rooms are so bright and beachy and we loved the pool and location. You will love doing a split stay at both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter