• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV pool hopping?

goldilocks_63

<font color=green>OKW+BCV+SSR+AKV<br><font color=c
So, the pool feature at the new AKV looks pretty nice.

I know we can't pool hop to the hotel side, but think we'll be able to pool hop to AKV?

Goldi

Good question, but as i see it, if AKV becomes popular like the BCV & stormalong Bay pool, Dvc will avoid the direct question and just reply,
No pool hopping at the AKL, BC/YT Pools. Besides, I am not sure how Dvc will be able to control the pool hoppers to only the AKV quite pool and not letting pool hopping take place at AKV. :confused3

And they could cancel pool hopping altogether in 2009.

I think we can assume no PH at AKV. There is no PH at any of the YC or BC pools in addition to SAB.

So, the pool feature at the new AKV looks pretty nice.

I know we can't pool hop to the hotel side, but think we'll be able to pool hop to AKV?

Goldi

We asked our guide about this. He wasn't sure.

If you are an AKV owner (or staying at AKV) he said you WILL be able to "pool hop" between the lodge pool and the new Kidani pool.

He's wasn't sure if, given the new Villa's add on, they'll "lift" the ban on AKL pool hopping (on both sides) to the rest of the DVC membership.

I do believe that has changed. I think it's only SAB and Uzima at this point. :shamrock:

MG
No, it's just that somtimes they spell it out and sometimes they list only SAB. Unless you see a statement from DVC that you can now PH to the quiet pools at YC/BC, nothing has changed. Here is the current quote from the member website.
Pool hopping is not available at Uzima Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or at the leisure pools of these two Resort hotels. There are no exceptions to this policy.

We asked our guide the same questions about pool hopping to the DVC AKV pool. He said that the No Hopping rule will apply. :mad: I was a little surprised but it was just another incentive to buy AKV.

My DS (4) will love this pool and play area. I can't wait till the new areas are built. We are all ready planning our first visit home for Jan 2010. I hope construction is finished on time.:)

No, it's just that somtimes they spell it out and sometimes they list only SAB. Unless you see a statement from DVC that you can now PH to the quiet pools at YC/BC, nothing has changed. Here is the current quote from the member website.

It's funny. In the newest Vacation Magic (Spring 2007), it doesn't include the quiet pools at YC/BC/BCV in the ban.

It's funny. In the newest Vacation Magic (Spring 2007), it doesn't include the quiet pools at YC/BC/BCV in the ban.
As noted, it's not uncommon they don't spell out the quiet/lesion pools when they list the ban. I'd say about half the time when they list the ban they don't spell out the other pools. Don't mistake failure to list on a given instance with a change in policy. My quote above was directly from the website from this AM. If DVC changes the the policy expect to see a formal statement to that effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter