AKV Std view or Savanah?

We stayed in a SV studio at AKL in August and it was amazing. I definitely think its worth the extra points to get it if you can spare them!

We stayed in a SV studio at AKL in August and it was amazing. I definitely think its worth the extra points to get it if you can spare them!
Thanks little fishy, had you previously stayed at the DVC AKC studio STANDARD view before so you had something to compare it to? I wonder if it worth SV since there are so many public areas where you could see the SV; then again, we will not have park tkts those days so probably more room time than usual..

Depends on how lucky you feel. Savanna view is better than standard. However, half the standards at Jambo have savanna view as a result of conversion of a number of savanna view rooms several years ago. Those views are considered a little worse than savanna view and most are fine. Thus, if you get standard at Jambo and request room on Kudo Trail side of resort (all standards on that side have savanna view), you have decent chance of getting savanna view for satandard view points.

At Kidani there are also standard view rooms converted from savanna, aalthough the converted rooms are on the Pembe savanna which does not have giraffes, but you still see animals. Best chance of getting a savanna view there with. A standard view room is to request room near the Pumba elevator, but be aware youwill have a very long walk to lobby and bus ration from there.

I think it depends on what kind of trip you're planning to have. If you're going to be in the parks all day every day, savannah view may not be worth it. If it's a more relaxed trip where you'll be spending some time at the resort then it's worth it.

We've done SV studios at both Kidani and Jambo. Kidani view was much better. We LOVED the Savanna view with our Kidani trip. DH and I would sit out there at night after the kids went to bed and watch the animals in the dark.

I'd say it really depends on your situation. If it's just adults and you're willing to go to a public area whenever you want to see the animals, that'll work for you. If you have kids with you that go to bed before you/sleep later/take naps and you don't want to leave them--going out on the balcony and watching animals with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine is wonderfully relaxing.

Thanks little fishy, had you previously stayed at the DVC AKC studio STANDARD view before so you had something to compare it to? I wonder if it worth SV since there are so many public areas where you could see the SV; then again, we will not have park tkts those days so probably more room time than usual..

We had not stayed standard, SV was our first experience at AKL

Another vote for SV (I have only stayed in a 1-BR, though). It's so much more convenient to just step out into the balcony to enjoy the view than trek over to public viewing areas, IMO.

LAX

We stayed in a Standard view 1BR in November, and had a direct view of the Savannah. There was an animal guide in the room, a feeding station below our room, and we saw everything. We had used touringplans room request, and picked two standard 1br rooms with views on our room request form. We ended up getting room 5202. I would say the difference is that we knew we were not guaranteed a view of the animals with a standard view room. It just worked out for us.

We had a savannah room for a short trip. I didn’t think it was worth it because we were hardly in the room at all. Plus the animals don’t come out until 7am. Most times we were leaving the room then or shortly after.

For me it depends. If I'm in Jambo the worst I'll end up in w/ a standard view is a view of the pool/foliage/roofs and I'll be on the 5th floor, so I'm willing to take my chances w/ standard view.
For Kidani standards can have parking lot views and the savanna views can be on lower floors, so for Kidani it'd be worth the extra points to stay in a savanna view villa.

I don't think the view is that important, because, you can walk around and see animals. I am not a huge sit out on the balcony kind of person? If I am sitting on the balcony, I am usually reading anyway. I like to wander. So whatever works for you! I like saving points!

During our first stay at kidani we split our stay with the first two nights being in a standard view and the last four being in a savannah view studio, we have never gone back to a standard view. I love sitting on my balcony with my coffee watching the giraffes, and at night we sleep with the balcony door open so that we can go to sleep to the sounds of the animals.

We are planning our first visit to AKL this November. We are definitely doing savanah but we are torn between Jambo and Kidani.

We just got back from our first standard view - after having been owners at AKV for about 7 years now. I was sad. This trip, we had extended family staying in another resort and several of us ran the marathon weekend events. So we didn't spend a lot of time at our resort, but when we did, we were relaxing in the room. Our pool view was nice, but given our vacation style this time around, I felt like I didn't see animals at all. Giraffes out my window are why I own AKV. :)

I just booked Standard View Kidani for August 2019. I chose that view because it's a short trip - only 4 days so I'll most likely be in a park the majority of the time.

Also I had to borrow some points from my 2020 use year and I wanted to borrow as little as possible since I've got plans for those points in 2020.

I've stayed Savannah View several times in Jambo House and it was great. One was a longer trip with more room time and I had the kids with me then too so they spent a ton of time out on the balcony watching the animals. I did some but not near as much as they did.

The other time, I was doing a get up extra early for the parks, take a break in the afternoon and then go back out to the parks trip and it was nice to relax out on the balcony watching the animals during my afternoon break.

We've done SV studios at both Kidani and Jambo. Kidani view was much better. We LOVED the Savanna view with our Kidani trip. DH and I would sit out there at night after the kids went to bed and watch the animals in the dark.

I'd say it really depends on your situation. If it's just adults and you're willing to go to a public area whenever you want to see the animals, that'll work for you. If you have kids with you that go to bed before you/sleep later/take naps and you don't want to leave them--going out on the balcony and watching animals with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine is wonderfully relaxing.

Can you tell me what floor you were on at Kidani? I am trying to submit my room request. My first thought was lower floor, maybe 3?

I, personally, prefer savanna view. That's what AKV is all about. My SIL, though, always saves points with standard view stating that they can see animals from viewing decks and windows all over the resort. I get that too. But there is something really cool about waking up and walking out on balcony with cup of coffee and watching animals (not like squirrels and birds we see at home...lol). I am one who is not into hanging in room while on vacation...just bugs me. But DH, and even my college kiddos, like to. So I have to have something to look at or do (they are happy to watch TV- DH- or mess on their cellphones/laptops- kids-)...why Boardwalk view (or the P/G side BW view which is all we have had) at BWV and Savanna view at AKV is a hit (As I am sure TPV at BLT is) and same with having a balcony on a cruise. I also like the marsh view at HHI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!