AKV Std view or Savanah?

Can you tell me what floor you were on at Kidani? I am trying to submit my room request. My first thought was lower floor, maybe 3?
I can't remember as it was so long ago, I know we were on an upper floor, and it would be nice to be lower floor. It was more that we saw better and more animals from our Kidani location than where our room was at Jambo.

We'll be there again in a couple weeks, so hopefully we'll have good views!

every resort and almost every hotel I stay at I could care less about the view. When we stay at AKL, it has to be SV. Kids love looking for the different animals, and |I love sitting with coffee in the am and beer in the pm just relaxing in a different world. Maybe I should try the beer in the am too. hmm

We've stayed with an SV twice, standard view once. The SV animals aren't terribly interesting, and I think the novelty kind of wore off. I'd rather use the points for a bigger room or longer stay than pay the points premium for an SV room. And I even say this having a horrible standard view room - on the first floor right by bell services, so there was really no privacy and I had to keep the curtains drawn all the time. (Although being so close to the lobby was very nice!)

There are also other opportunities simply walking around the resort to see animals.

Both are good. If you don't have the Savannah view, there are so many good areas to watch the animals.
However, for us, AKL is all about the animals and we love to sit on the balcony, eat breakfast and watch the animals in the morning.

We've stayed with an SV twice, standard view once. The SV animals aren't terribly interesting, and I think the novelty kind of wore off. I'd rather use the points for a bigger room or longer stay than pay the points premium for an SV room. And I even say this having a horrible standard view room - on the first floor right by bell services, so there was really no privacy and I had to keep the curtains drawn all the time. (Although being so close to the lobby was very nice!)

There are also other opportunities simply walking around the resort to see animals.

May be you prefer to stay at AKV for other reasons, but if we were no longer interested enough in seeing the animals to book SV, we would just stay at another resort.

LAX

We will always spring for savannah view rooms when we have the points. Granted, all views are not equal - sometimes we are lucky with great animal views and sometimes not so much. But it is wonderful and very relaxing to sit on the balcony and watch the animals. That being said, we’re staying in a standard view room this year because I’m short on points. I’ve requested a Jambo reclassified room (which have partial/obstructed savannah views), so we’ll see what we get. No matter what, we absolutely love AKV and are thrilled to stay there! Many spots around the resort to enjoy the animals!

I’m not a parking lot kind of person regardless of the resort, that’s where I put my foot down.
So.. if that’s d consideration in a room choice, I upgrade, always.
Enjoy ur visit.

May be you prefer to stay at AKV for other reasons, but if we were no longer interested enough in seeing the animals to book SV, we would just stay at another resort.

LAX

Congratulations? I'm confused about why my post required a direct response.

As I said, the animals aren't terribly interesting - these are animals that are less interesting than I can see any time at the Bronx Zoo. For the most part they just sit in shady areas or eat grass that the keepers put out. We simply don't spend enough time in the room to warrant "paying" a premium for savannah views. Maybe if there were tigers or lions out there, it would be a different story.
And yes we like AKV for other reasons. It's a nicely themed resort with interesting cultural demonstrations in the lobby, the pool area is nice, there is a community hall for the kids, has 3 of the best restaurants on property, sleeps 5 in a 1 BR and has fairly reasonable points requirements compared to other resorts. That's why we bought (and stay) at AKV.

Yeah, I prefer Savannah View myself. But I know someone who is going to Kidani for the first time and they are going to stay in a Standard View 2 bedroom (not a lock-off). I tried to persuade them to spend the points for Savannah, but they are also going to be switching to some other DW Resorts, so they don't have the points.

Anyway, they are hoping they can get a room that has a partial Savannah View. I'm not even sure if there are any partial Savannah view rooms at Kidani. Does anyone know? Can anyone tell me the appropriate room locations or room numbers to request?

I sure do appreciate any input and suggestions.

I almost always book savannah, but for a single night stay, I did book standard, and had a partial savannah view. I would not want to count on being lucky for a longer stay.

Have stayed at Jambo and Kidani each once - in a standard. Jambo was a studio with a partial SV (people pen, but we would watch the stampede into/out of the barns mornings and evenings). It was SO FAR from the lobby, the bus stop, laundry room, everything, that by the end of the trip I was kind of over the hike and would have gladly taken a view of the pool lol.

Kidani was a 1 BR, we were on the 4th floor (I believe) and so close to the lobby. We would walk to the viewing nook 2 steps away from our room, then the beautiful patio with rocking chairs off the lobby. This was my favorite viewing spot - lots of giraffe activity :) I will do Kidani SV one day, but feel like the resort is so beautiful, and there are so many places to view animals, that you will not miss out with a standard. Also, I suppose it also depends on luck of the draw as to where your room is located!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts