• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Value Studio?

Glendamax

<font color=blue>LOVES Old English Roses china at
I read that AKV has a value studio. What is that? Is it a regular hotel room? Please let me know! Thanks!

From what my guide explained to me, the value rooms are DVC rooms (not a regular hotel room), but smaller. They can be located with any view as well.

I read that AKV has a value studio. What is that? Is it a regular hotel room? Please let me know! Thanks!
Welcome home, Glendamax! AKL has two different room sizes: standard rooms and deluxe rooms which are about 4 feet longer than the standard rooms. The AKL's 5th floor consists of mainly deluxe rooms but there are also some standard rooms along the Ostrich and Giraffe trails (the two short trails at the front of the resort that are not part of the horseshoe): http://www.willcad.org/maps/resorts/resort_akl.pdf

The AKV villas that are created from those standard rooms will be smaller than the villas created from AKL's deluxe rooms. Those smaller villas will be categorized as "value" villas. The value studios will be 316 sq ft whereas the other studios will be 365 sq ft. Value 1BR villas will be 629 sq ft (vs 710 sq ft) and value 2BR villas will be 945 sq ft (vs 1075 sq ft).

The view will vary with some being parking lot view, some pool view and some savannah view.

Yes, the value studios will be the amended standard AKL rooms that you know now. So yes, the size of an AKL std but converted to DVC requirements (microwave etc). I think it's a deal! In October 74 pts per week at a value studio, 90 points per week at a std studio. The 16 points difference is in reality 2 extra nights tagged onto your value studio for not too much less room. Considering 2 extra nights at AKL, resort side, would cost 700 dollars, it is a definite bargain in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for answering my question. I couldnt find the info on this anywhere. So I guess the value room would be enough space for 2 people. Thank you!

Just note that when all is done, there will not be many Value point rooms. What they are saying is that about 75% to 80% of the resort will be Savannah view point cost (or higher for concierge) and only 20% to 25% standard point or value point cost with most of that 20-25% being standard view point cost. The value rooms will be only in the Jambo building (existing AKL) as none are in the plans for the new Kidani building. In other words, you should expect that value rooms will be gone quickly in the 11 month window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter