Aladdin London Opening Night Tickets

We saw it on Broadway last September and will be seeing the Australian production in the next couple of months so will let you know!

So my partner and I saw the Melbourne production of Aladdin recently and enjoyed it. Having seen it on Broadway late last year it was interesting to see some of the changes that they have made.
The script, score, costumes and blocking/chorey are identical between the shows except for a couple of specific jokes that the Genie makes, which are changed depending on what country it is playing in as they are culture/site specific references (trying not to give away the joke!).

The only major change to the show is in the staging, and specifically in regards to the floor traps. On Broadway the Genie as well as a bunch of the dancers come out of lifts in the floor for different appearances. In the Australian version, there are none of these lifts in the floor, but they have done something different that is still magical. I am guessing this would be the same as the version that has just started touring around the US. Because in Australia and for any national tour the show has to fit into a bunch of different theatres they have to scale down some of the set effects as not every theatre can accommodate traps in the floor.

In our Australian version, the cast had some strange accents, whilst yes they were American accents, they were just quite weird and sounded as if every character was from a different part of America haha. That was really the only downside of the Australian production. Still well worth seeing though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!