Alamo "Drive Happy" deal?

I see that you were able to do online check in with the Drive Happy Deal. When I've tried I get an error message. Do I need to be within a certain amount of time prior to the rental? I'm four days out right now. The other times we've booked with Alamo have been seemless. This is our first Drive Happy Deal.

Did you book it logged in as a insider member? I believe that's the only way to check in is if ur an insider member. You cam always sign up, and call them and have them add it to your insider membership

I always do pay later for some reason?

I love the Drive Happy deal, I've always scored something bigger than I have paid for. Two weeks ago there were mini vans and midsize SUV's in the full size aisle that I was told to pick from. Pretty happy to get a mini van for $172 for a week.

I always do pay later for some reason?

I love the Drive Happy deal, I've always scored something bigger than I have paid for. Two weeks ago there were mini vans and midsize SUV's in the full size aisle that I was told to pick from. Pretty happy to get a mini van for $172 for a week.

Thank you!

Question on this - I have reserved the Drive Happy Deal and am also an Alamo Insider. So do we just pick whatever car we want and go to the exit booth? The Drive Happy Deal says that the vehicle size/type is determined at the time of rental. Does that mean I have to go to the counter first?
Yrs! Don't ask anyone just check in online or at kiosk and head directly to garage and tell anyone who asks if you need help of where to go that you are good. Then pick out a car and go to exit booth. No issues. I even check in online after i arrive at airport and prepay right then for extra 10% saving. I've never tried to take a luxury or convertible though they may have no problem with that lol. Alamo if the way to go in MCO & SFO

Question on this - I have reserved the Drive Happy Deal and am also an Alamo Insider. So do we just pick whatever car we want and go to the exit booth? The Drive Happy Deal says that the vehicle size/type is determined at the time of rental. Does that mean I have to go to the counter first?
NO,
Yrs! Don't ask anyone just check in online or at kiosk and head directly to garage and tell anyone who asks if you need help of where to go that you are good. Then pick out a car and go to exit booth. No issues. I even check in online after i arrive at airport and prepay right then for extra 10% saving. I've never tried to take a luxury or convertible though they may have no problem with that lol. Alamo if the way to go in MCO & SFO
I meant No no need to ask anyone. If you do they will direct you to compact or midsize but you Can have a midsize, full or minivan too just about most cars. Just pick and drive.

NO,

I meant No no need to ask anyone. If you do they will direct you to compact or midsize but you Can have a midsize, full or minivan too just about most cars. Just pick and drive.
Wait, so if it says a compact or midsize is the Drive Happy deal, how do you get a larger car or minivan? If so, that would be great!

So, normally thats been the case for all the years ive been renting from Alamo. However, with Covid they are stopping you in garage and directing you to specific car types. As I just arrived tonight in Orlando and for the first time ever was told which car I had to take. Which was a pickup truck! I had a very salty "manager" young girl argue and talked very condescending to me.
Maybe it was the heat of the late night or a bad day, she explained in a matter of fact voice it was "we pick" meaning she decided what car would be the drive happy special for the day. I was just here in Jan and that was not the case and never had. I refused the truck as I have bad knees and can't get up into one. Luckily I did have another reservation through costco for a fullsize for less $ than the drive happy. After some attitude She then relented and gave me a big jeep-again hard on the knee & larger than wanted. Mind you there were vans and a few suvs there that normally i could just take pre covid. So I would say that until Covid measures are gone you might want to just reserve what you want, or reserve two separate, 1 Drive happy and go to garage and look at choices or ask about inventory before finalizing (The garage is just outside the alamo desk) Alamo was pretty deplete of cars on this night at 9pm which is probably why i was being forced into a pickup. Though my alternate full size reservation may have been subbed for the same as well 🤔
I will go to exchange my 4 wheelin utility jeep for a practical family car when they recieve more inventory tomorrow. Best wishes on your car quest and hoping you have a good experience! I hope it all goes back to normal soon!

If you reserve two separate categories, do you go out and see what is on the aisle and then go back in and use the kiosk to check in? I will have another adult with me that could stay outside with the vehicle.

If you reserve two separate categories, do you go out and see what is on the aisle and then go back in and use the kiosk to check in? I will have another adult with me that could stay outside with the vehicle.
I have done that in the past. I have reserved a compact or midsize and another res for the car type id like to have. Then gone to garage and looked at the compact and mid size vehicle aisle to see if they had subbed larger cars in the aisle before heading back into finalize at kiosk. I would just walk out cool without family, a load of bags or making a scene and just look. You don't want to appear shady 🙂 i mean they don't care. If they ask if i need assistance i say no im good. But that was pre-Covid so it's not as easy right now. But you can ask about inventory at Alamo counter inside or in garage before choosing which reservation to take. it also matters what time of day you arrive, later in day or eve there's a better chance they rented all the smaller less expensive cars by then. Very early morning before cars have been returned might also result in subbed cars.

I also wonder how much they check the category. Several years ago I rented a car and once we got in it, we realized the seats were covered with pet hair. We just asked if they could clean it, and they told us no and proceeded to walk us to an upgraded aisle and said pick anything. There was no change in my paperwork, the alamo rep said just take whatever we wanted. I was so worried I would be charged more, I wasn't but I wondered how this happened since we didn't change anything.

Arriving tomorrow are both sides of airport open for Alamo and I have a standard reserved what category should I make sure I get if I'm being assisted since I don't think MCO has standard cars?

Arriving tomorrow are both sides of airport open for Alamo and I have a standard reserved what category should I make sure I get if I'm being assisted since I don't think MCO has standard cars?
Standard is same as midsize. If you are allowed to pick your car and proceed to the aisle, You should be able to get your choice of any thing in the midsize aisle they tell you to go to, even if it's larger. No up charges. Also we were on the A side, don't know about the B being open. They work the same way either side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter