Alamo..have they gotten better?

DMRick

I prefer to be tagless!
We just couldn't afford National for this January, since they no longer have the free day coupon with DC..and their prices went up (we used to get a full size car for what others charged for subs). We thought we were doing pretty good with Dollar (not as good as we used to!) with a cost of $196.50 for 8 days. I just happened to look on Alamo today, since DC shows a discount with them. and they were having their own sale. The total for 8 days (Jan 21 11 am - Jan 28 4 pm) with taxes is $150 for a sub. Last time we used them, the shuttle guy didn't secure the back doors and the luggage all hit the pavement. Now there is no shuttle, since they are at MCO..so hopefully things are better. Check in was awful when we were shuttled. The car wasn't all that great. Has anyone used them and NOT had problems recently? Thanks.

We used them via Priceline a few weeks ago, and they were okay...not great, not awful. We got in around midnight, but a huge international flight had also come in so their counter was packed. At least they had the maximum number of people working, so the wait wasn't unreasonable for the number of people in line. We had a sub-compact, and there were only two left...scattered around, so they were hard to find. The car was fair (a Daewoo...never even heard of it!). It took forever to get out of MCO because you have to stop at a booth, and they were taking forever to check people out. I prefer Avis, where you get an assigned car and then just drive out, but for the price it was tolerable. Return was smoother...they come around with the little hand-held gadget and do their thing.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks Ink..at least they are at the airport now. We really like Dollar last time..but this is enough savings for a decent dinner out! When we get in at around 10:30 am and pass the car places, usually there are no lines..so we can hope. Did you have togo find your own car?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter