• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alamo Minivan types????

carinv

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

We are booking car rental through a british web site that uses Alamo.
On Alamos site it lists the minivan type as a "chevrolet venture' or similar and lists it as only having 6 seats.

I though all minivans had 7 seats. :confused3

Has anyone had any experience with Alamo Minivan rentals ?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have never rented from Alamo but can testify that some minivans do only have six seats. Instead of two seats up front, two seats in the middle and three in the back some minivans have two, two and then two bucket seats in the back instead of the traditional three person bench seat. Every minivan I have rented from Avis and Budget has had seven seats. You might try a different company or call Alamo directly.

Thanks Amy&Dan,

Do you know if the 6 seaters are a smaller car than the 7 seaters?

Maybe the great quote we got is not like for like, which puts a different light on it!

Anyone else?

No, the vans are the same size but they have fewer seats installed inside.
Best of luck!
Lydia

Thanks bclydia,

I guess that leaves moree luggage room, and that can't be a bad thing!!

We had a Dodge Caravan from Alamo a couple of weeks ago. It was plenty roomy for five adults and a kid, but no way we could get the people AND all their luggage into it. Since we were flying in from two different locations with different departure and arrival times, I ended up leaving one group at the hotel while I drove the other group to and from the airport--a LOT of extra driving. Looking back, I would rather have used Disney's shuttle to and from the airport, and just rented the car at the location by DLR.

Hi Hookem,

Thats sounds like a real hassel!

We have 2 ad and 3 kids and are banking on 2 spare seats to help with the luggage. We know we have to pack light, but it is really daunting packing light for 3 weeks away!

Two adults and 3 kids should be no problem. In the minivan we had, the third row seat folded down to expand the luggage area somewhat. It also had separate AC controls for the front and back, which we found useful in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter