Alamo Rental cars...a heads up to the unsuspecting!

isles_nyi

Rooting for the underdog!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I went to WDW last week, and the longest line I stood in the entire time was at the Alamo car rental counter. Almost a solid hour! Not exactly what I wanted to do after spending the previous 3 1/2 hours on a plane.

Plus, the counter isn't at the airport. They shuttle you off airport property adding even more time to the process. I loved the car we got and returning it was a breeze, but that initial rental procedure was amazingly tedious. It might be worth it to you to try another company...especially if you have small kids or older folks with you who may not appreciate the wait. Just a heads up.

Why did you stand in line?!?! You should've joined their Quicksilver program--in and out of the place in about 5 minutes! Anyone can join, and you don't have to stand in line, just go to the kiosk, put the card in, it prints out the rental agreement, you get the car, show the agreement to the guy at the gate, and you're all set. http://www.alamo.com/Services/Quiksilver.asp

Two years ago on my first trip to Disney, since my children were born, this happened to me too. I was traveling with my two boys 2 and 4 at the time, my sister and her three children, 14, 8, and 4. I had no idea about what I was getting into with Alamo. I left my sister and all five children at the airport to pick up luggage and left to go get the rental car. I figured 40 minutes at the most. Was I wrong. I was gone for three hours!!!! I finally went up to the counter, crying, because I knew that my sister and children would be so concerned. I didn't know how to reach them to tell them what was going on. I almost threatened them with a lawsuit, if they didn't take me immediately. They did call the airport and had my sister paged, requesting that she haul all five children and all of our luggage to Alamo. She was relieved to know I hadn't been killed in a car accident on my way back to the airport, but the wait almost killed her with worry in the meantime. The kids were out of control by then to say the least. I did not see one happy customer in that line. I swore off Alamo that day. What a way to start a week of Magic!

hi we used alamo because of the great rate but was hesitant after reading these boards, We joined quicksilver and were in and out within 5 minutes. Not only that but all the badgering for insurance was taken care of online without and hassels. I highly recommend quicksilver, the car was ready and waiting when we arrived.

of all the times I have used Alamo I have never had to stand in a long line. in fact last dec Iused them and I had a priceline ressie and I even got to use my quicksilver line and got a vehicle right off!

We went in early March-busy time-a few years ago. Arrived on Sunday morning, 11 am, & stood in line for 4 and 1/2 hours. DS and family went the next Xmas and stood in line for 3 and 1/2 hours. Not unheard of, but they try to act like this is a "one-time-only" occurence. BUT, I did have a fried who traveled on Thanksgiving day and had no line at all!!! But my dh would KILL if we ever did the Alamo route again!!!

Warning: We got Alamo from Priceline for our last trip. No check in or out problems. But we were told that we could not use Quicksilver on a Priceline rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter