Alaska 2021 ??

xfiles3010

WDW Addict
When will the itenieres be realesed? Looking to book for June or July 2021. Also, is there a preference on depature ports, i.e. Seattle or Vancouver? Will be flying in from Texas. TIA

We have already booked the Tokyo - Seattle, with stops in Alaska for 2021 while we were on the Alaska cruise in May. Not sure when they will release the rest of the season.

I believe that most if not all of the round trip Alaska cruises are from Seattle while the one way (northbound or southbound) will start or end in Vancouver. There maybe a few outliers that roundtrip out of Vancouver but I believe that are only 4 or 5 days and not many of them to choose from.

We embarked at Vancouver and disembarked in Seattle. I really like Vancouver as a place but there seemed to be some issues with embarkation. The process was not quite right and I think the port wasn’t quite as prepared for the Ovation size and Royal processes as they should have been. We spoke with the guest services manager and he knew of some of the issues and he gave us a nice cruise credit towards a future cruise.

Happy planning.

When will the itenieres be realesed? Looking to book for June or July 2021. Also, is there a preference on depature ports, i.e. Seattle or Vancouver? Will be flying in from Texas. TIA

These should get announced around the beginning of November.

Seattle will primarily (if not exclusively) be round trip cruises. These will all stop in Victoria Falls, BC, Canada to meet the requirements of the Jones Act. The upside is easy flights and more ship and date options. Downsides is typically less time in ports and no stops at Hubbard Glacier or Glacier Bay

Vancouver departures will be primarily (if not exclusively) one way northbound cruises that end in Anchorage. They will most likely be on a Radiance class ship (fantastic ship for Alaska, although it is older) and will be every other week as one week will be northbound Vancouver to Anchorage, then next week southbound Anchorage to Vancouver. Flights and travel are more challenging here, but you will have more time in port and will see more glaciers and can also add on some amazing land tours (with royal or on your own) in Anchorage for before or after your cruise.

My wife and I just cancelled our 2020 Alaska trip with plans to re-book for June 2021 northbound.

Not sure what Texas airport you're close to, but American Airlines does direct Anchorage/Dallas flights during the summer.

Are you just talking about Royal? Because I looked on a travel agency site for 2020 and it looked like RCCL Serenade of the Seas was Vancouver roundtrip. Holland and Princess did round trips from seattle. Plus there were more, these were just the ones I was looking at.

Good catch on the Serenade cruises! They are doing round trip Vancouver in 2020.

I was only talking Royal Caribbean cruises.

Its been awhile since doing the Alaska cruise, but we really enjoyed a pre-cruise day in Vancouver. Beautiful city. However...it can be a LOT cheaper to fly into Seattle vs. Vancouver...

We are looking for the same, our 20th wedding anniversary is in 2021, so looking to sail Ovation to Alaska, also coming from Texas.

I'm looking at a 2021 RC Serenade of the Seas cruise as well. Just super nervous about the idea of it as we're Disney goers and I'm worried it'll be a let down. HALF the price though...

I am anxious as well! We haven't sailed RCCL yet but have one booked for next November but Western Caribbean. We're in So Cal and flights to Seattle and Vancouver are relatively similar. I'd much rather spend a little more and go to Vancouver rather than Seattle.

We got a quote with NCL and weren't super impressed with the price. Wondering if/when RCCL releases theirs will that drive NCL's down. Our first Disney Cruise was to Alaska and I have no doubt RCCL or NCL will be great alternatives. We were a family of 4 when we sailed to Alaska on Disney but now we're a family of 5 and can't afford Disney :guilty:

We are looking for the same, our 20th wedding anniversary is in 2021, so looking to sail Ovation to Alaska, also coming from Texas.

We just returned from our 20th anniversary cruise on Ovation to Alaska. I have to say it was less than stellar. Having never sailed
on Royal before I probably should have done more research. Although there were not a lot of kids on the ship they always seemed to be where couples on a romantic trip wouldn’t want them to be. They were in the Solarium (16+ signs ignored), they were in all of the bars. We went into the Music Hall for music and had a screaming baby behind us. There were tons of kids
In the Marriage Game. I guess research would have told me kids can go anywhere and there are only a few places they are not permitted and that was super late. In hindsight we wished we had booked Disney because their adults only areas were for adults.

Not trying to be a downer for your trip. Just hoping to share some insight. Congrats on 20 years!!

We just returned from our 20th anniversary cruise on Ovation to Alaska. I have to say it was less than stellar. Having never sailed
on Royal before I probably should have done more research. Although there were not a lot of kids on the ship they always seemed to be where couples on a romantic trip wouldn’t want them to be. They were in the Solarium (16+ signs ignored), they were in all of the bars. We went into the Music Hall for music and had a screaming baby behind us. There were tons of kids
In the Marriage Game. I guess research would have told me kids can go anywhere and there are only a few places they are not permitted and that was super late. In hindsight we wished we had booked Disney because their adults only areas were for adults.

Not trying to be a downer for your trip. Just hoping to share some insight. Congrats on 20 years!!
I disagree. I have taken about 8 DCL cruises as well as 9 RCCL cruises. I saw kids in the adult areas of DCL all the time, and never saw them in the Solarium on RCCL. Everyone can go in the bars but minors can’t be served alcohol. We took our kids in the lounges/bars on DCL all the time, especially when there were trivia games, etc.
Denise

Yes, we took our kids into them on DCL as well for trivia. But during the evening hours there are age restrictions.

WHen we sailed DCL, no one was restricting anything. They were always in the adult pool, which even got shut down for poop.

I got an email from RCI on Saturday: "This is huge — our complete lineup of 2020-21 sailings now open to book"

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crui...lnkid=TILE3_CTA&rcid=141007425&rid=1283740602
Alaska not included. Last year they opened Alaska sailings around the first of November.

Interesting. Why make a big announcement that they're completely open to book when they're not? Thought it was maybe me that just couldn't locate the itineraries :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!