Alaska - Do They Heat the Pools??

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
We're looking at booking a Royal Caribbean Cruise to Alaska out of Vancouver with the kids, but it's an older ship and I'm wondering if the kids will be bored. Are the pools at least heated so they can swim?

I think it depends on which ship. Radiance pools are heated, Serenade is not. Both ships have the covered Solarium pool, which is usually only for adults (over 16), but on the cold weather routes they usually open the Solarium up to everyone at least for part of the day. Still...there should be plenty to keep them busy no matter what! My kids have been on all classes of Royal ships from the giant Allure to the much smaller ships and to date, their favorite has been the older, smaller Rhapsody. They felt like the staff worked super hard to keep them busy and having fun since there were not all the bells and whistles of the bigger ships.

Ovation started cruising Alaska last year and she has the solarium pools, indoor pool and outdoor pools. All were heated.

On (cold) day we went swimming and found the outdoor to be the best temp. We tried the indoor pool first and it was a little chilly so the plan was to hop out to the outdoor hot tub since the indoor one was pretty full. Felt the water in the hot tub and it didn’t seem that warm, but the outdoor pool was very nice. Not sure how they control the temps but it seemed the outdoor pool was getting the most warm water.

I am booked on Quantum this June and they have all heated/covered pools as well. Good to know that they were okay...my 8 year old DD will be happy! I don't get in the pools on any ship so its not a priority in my world, but in the absence of an ocean she can swim in, she will have to deal with the pools! :-)

The OP is sailing out of Vancouver though so I think Radiance & Serenade are her options.

Were booked on the Serenade... as long as they allow the kids to swim in the solarium for an hour or so a day, they'll be happy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!