Alcohol in DDP -- can you order it for someone else if you aren't drinking?

Zombie

Mouseketeer
I'm not a drinker and I also don't tend to order the empty calories of pop/juice. So despite having the (free) DDP, I'm likely not to use my alcohol/speciality beverage options most days of the trip. I'm wondering if it's OK (more specifically with the alcohol than a milkshake or fancy juice, etc.) for me to order my drink and let another person in my party consume it at the table?

Also -- if there's any other international travellers checking this, I'm curious about your experience with showing ID. I've never drank at WDW before. I'm well beyond American legal drinking age but have been somewhat blessed with looking much younger than I am. On the rare occasion I do drink here at home, I almost always still get ID'ed. I know that Disney is fairly strict about checking ID and I've heard for international travellers, your driver's licence from another country is not considered enough. Is this true? And, if you do have to show your passport as well, is having an image of its ID page on your phone enough (I noticed in the SWGE when it indicated passport ID was required for reservation entry it specifically said having a photocopy of the ID page and/or a photo of the page on your phone was enough when shown with your driver's licence. I'm wondering if this plays true in restaurants/bars/lounges as well).

TIA!

Yes you must show your passport I’d to drink drivers license from other countries is not valid ID

The person that consumes your beverage must be of legal age. If someone not of age consumes it that is an arrestable offense

Having read the disney rules, it says that international people need to present a valid passport AND another government issued photo ID to drink? I mean, I'm 44, and happy to present my passport as proof, but, I don't actually own another government issued photo ID. I have bought alcohol at WDW before, several times with no ID, but some times needing to show my passport.
I am not forseeing a problem, as I have never had one before, but is this a new requirement?

Having read the disney rules, it says that international people need to present a valid passport AND another government issued photo ID to drink? I mean, I'm 44, and happy to present my passport as proof, but, I don't actually own another government issued photo ID. I have bought alcohol at WDW before, several times with no ID, but some times needing to show my passport.
I am not forseeing a problem, as I have never had one before, but is this a new requirement?

If you have your actual physical passport you don't need another form of ID. Only if you're using a copy of your passport do you need the second ID.

I'm from the UK and will have a picture of my passport on my phone and my drivers licence in my wallet. Is it still 2 drinks per ID at WDW? And do both adults have to be present at the bar - just thinking for our upcoming trip if we wanted to get a spot for EPCOT Forever would my husband be able to get 4 drinks if he took my ID with him?

And do both adults have to be present at the bar - just thinking for our upcoming trip if we wanted to get a spot for EPCOT Forever would my husband be able to get 4 drinks if he took my ID with him?

I've never tried it but my guess is no. Maaaaaybe if you’re within eyesight of the CM serving the drinks (happened to me when my friend was ordering three drinks for three of us - we were sitting off to the side and my friend pointed us out and we waved) but I wouldn’t count on anything beyond that.

I got two drinks at Mizners (DH was in the room with the kids, and I got the drinks to go so we could have them on the balcony) I just used my ID, but I don't think they would have allowed me to take more than that.

The servers had different rules in different restaurants. In Coral Reef the server made the person who ordered the drink take it and then she passed it to me. In other restaurants the server just verified who was ordering (we had one minor with us) and never looked back. I was the beneficiary of the extra glass of wine others did not want.

Ill tell you the truth, I have two minors this next trip and I sure wish there was a way for my sister and I to order the alcoholic beverage they cannot have! LOL The girls may not even want anything but water, so it woudl be so nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!