Alcohol Option in the room on a Cruise?

DisneyClown

DIS Veteran
For those who have been single cruisers, I know you are allowed to bring your own alcohol on the ship, but if you don't, is there an option for getting alcohol you can enjoy in your room? I won't have another adult to go get any to bring it back to room, if that is even an option. Not sure I will need to, but just wondering in case there is an evening I am in the stateroom with my kids asleep, and maybe I want to enjoy a drink on the verandah.

Another concern, which I am truly hoping doesn't happen, is if one or both my kids are sick and I end up stuck in the room with them, which happened on our last trip to WDW, it would be nice to be able to enjoy a drink or two.

(Side note: I am planning on staying at Comfort Inn the night before and taking their shuttle to ship in the morning, so not sure there would even be an opportunity to get any to carry on.)

You can purchase alcohol on their cruise line before boarding. They are very expensive. Ships will confiscate the alcohol if they find it. You need to look at the rules for which ship you are on for the rules. They keep changing so fast. They also have drink packages you can buy as well. And that can be costly as well. Which line are you cruising? If you don't mind answering. Just like Carnival they no longer allow bottles of water to be carried on. I have to much to try and keep up with myself. So many changes with everything including the dining. :sad2:

Most lines require that all in the stateroom have to buy the beverage packages as their is no sharing.

You can purchase alcohol on their cruise line before boarding. They are very expensive. Ships will confiscate the alcohol if they find it. You need to look at the rules for which ship you are on for the rules. They keep changing so fast. They also have drink packages you can buy as well. And that can be costly as well. Which line are you cruising? If you don't mind answering. Just like Carnival they no longer allow bottles of water to be carried on. I have to much to try and keep up with myself. So many changes with everything including the dining. :sad2:

Most lines require that all in the stateroom have to buy the beverage packages as their is no sharing.

I am cruising on the Disney Dream and I do know they allow you to carry on your own alcohol. I was just wondering if there were any options for in-room delivery, if I didn't bring my own onboard.

You can purchase different packages , if you look under planning and then click on the port and then click on food and beverage you will see all kinds of beverages you can buy and it will be in your room waiting for you! Hope this helps you

I am cruising on the Disney Dream and I do know they allow you to carry on your own alcohol. I was just wondering if there were any options for in-room delivery, if I didn't bring my own onboard.

I just returned from a cruise on the Fantasy a couple weeks ago. The room service menu does tell you to call for a full wine and cocktail list. I don't know if the prices are any higher to have it delivered for room service than it is if you order at one of the bars. You should tip, obviously, but I only tipped a few bucks when ordering food for just myself.

You can carry a drink back to your stateroom so you could always stop by either the bar off the atrium on deck 3 or the bar up on the pool deck to get something before you take your kids back to the stateroom.

If you like wine, you can purchase the wine package or just a single bottle to take back to your room. Your stateroom host can provide you with wine glasses.

DCL allows carry on of alcohol. The only restrictions are it must be in your carry on bag and it must be consumed in your stateroom. They don't have drink packages outside of the wine package.

DCL allows carry on of alcohol. The only restrictions are it must be in your carry on bag and it must be consumed in your stateroom. They don't have drink packages outside of the wine package.
Sorry , there are so many lines. I said that before I knew what line it was on.

Sorry , there are so many lines. I said that before I knew what line it was on.

I realized that info was only in her signature in the first post. If you are reading on a mobile device, the signatures aren't visible so you were missing some info. :goodvibes

Thank you for all replies! I'm not a huge drinker, but if I am on vacation, sitting in my stateroom's verandah, it would be nice to enjoy an adult drink or two. It's nice to know there are options, if I choose to! :D

My son and I cruised on the Dream last fall. We stayed at MCO and took the Disney shuttle so no option for stopping at a liquor store either! I bought a bottle of wine on our first night at dinner and took it back to our room. I drank it nightly on the verandah once he was asleep! As others have said, I also bought drinks at the pool bar a couple of times and took them back to the room. We are going again in November and I can't wait. Have fun!

My son and I cruised on the Dream last fall. We stayed at MCO and took the Disney shuttle so no option for stopping at a liquor store either! I bought a bottle of wine on our first night at dinner and took it back to our room. I drank it nightly on the verandah once he was asleep! As others have said, I also bought drinks at the pool bar a couple of times and took them back to the room. We are going again in November and I can't wait. Have fun!

I didn't think about purchasing wine at dinner and taking it back to room. I guess I didn't think that would even be an option. Thanks! I also like the idea of grabbing a couple at the pool bar!

You can always buy a bottle of something in any port and bring it back to the ship. DCL will not stop you from bringing liquor on-board.

DisneyClown - may I make a suggestion and hit up the Singles Mingle on the first night? Usually its mostly just us Moms (and a random Dad thrown in) but I've befriended a few moms on that first night where our kids have gotten along great, and then traded coverage for a little while. it's usually in O'Gills or Diversions the first night at sea, then meets several other times during the sailing.

I've been on 6 cruises and never knew there was a singles thing onboard! lol
My kids are older so it's not really a problem leaving them to go grab a drink - they're all doing their own thing most of the time anyway!

DisneyClown - may I make a suggestion and hit up the Singles Mingle on the first night? Usually its mostly just us Moms (and a random Dad thrown in) but I've befriended a few moms on that first night where our kids have gotten along great, and then traded coverage for a little while. it's usually in O'Gills or Diversions the first night at sea, then meets several other times during the sailing.

Thank you for that suggestion! I knew there might be a Singles Luncheon of some sort but didn't know when it would be held. Is this the same thing? I would like to connect with another single Mom and it would be great if they had kids around the same age as mine. It would be nice to find someone I could check out the Skyline bar with as well, as that is the one that looks most interesting to me, and it would be kind of a bummer to be checking it out by myself, lol.

CT Mom - it fizzles out on a number of cruises. It depends on the demand early on, and sometimes, they just do the initial introductions and the adults just do the planning. I guess if the demand isn't there on a sailing, their entertainment crew has lots of other options to stay busy.

DC, Yes, and check your Navigator. I love Skyline, but unless I have a chatty bartender, I feel like an alcoholic sitting there alone, staring at the s-l-o-w-l-y changing panels, thinking "I CANT leave now, I haven't seen Rio! Wait... maybe it's changing... maybe... maybe... YES!

Awh nuts. It's Paris again."

CT Mom - it fizzles out on a number of cruises. It depends on the demand early on, and sometimes, they just do the initial introductions and the adults just do the planning. I guess if the demand isn't there on a sailing, their entertainment crew has lots of other options to stay busy.

DC, Yes, and check your Navigator. I love Skyline, but unless I have a chatty bartender, I feel like an alcoholic sitting there alone, staring at the s-l-o-w-l-y changing panels, thinking "I CANT leave now, I haven't seen Rio! Wait... maybe it's changing... maybe... maybe... YES!

Awh nuts. It's Paris again."

Your description of Skyline cracks me up. The only time I was in there on the Dream was for my mixology class, but I spent a lot of time in Skyline on the Fantasy. Having a great bartender makes a difference. Laurence was the bartender in Skyline on my Fantasy cruise last month and he was a lot of fun. Very easy to chat with. It seemed like there was a good group of people in there almost every night. I was able to sit at the bar and have someone to chat with.

On our 7 night Fantasy, I didn't see any "Singles Mingles" listed in the Navigator for the evenings. There was a singles lunch on sea days, but I always had other stuff going on at the same time and was never able to attend one of the lunches. I would have loved to have a singles event in the evening after dinner.

Your description of Skyline cracks me up. The only time I was in there on the Dream was for my mixology class, but I spent a lot of time in Skyline on the Fantasy. Having a great bartender makes a difference. Laurence was the bartender in Skyline on my Fantasy cruise last month and he was a lot of fun. Very easy to chat with. It seemed like there was a good group of people in there almost every night. I was able to sit at the bar and have someone to chat with.

On our 7 night Fantasy, I didn't see any "Singles Mingles" listed in the Navigator for the evenings. There was a singles lunch on sea days, but I always had other stuff going on at the same time and was never able to attend one of the lunches. I would have loved to have a singles event in the evening after dinner.

Dangit, I have a cruise coming up. See? This is why I can't wait more than a year in between cruises. Dagnabit! *stomps feet* I don't know why, but I feel terrifically uncomfortable at the luncheons. Sipping drinks isn't as dangerous as cracking crab legs in someone's face or dropping salad all over my tee, or going a complete half hour with broccoli stuck between my teeth because everyone's too polite or embarrassed to point it out. Plus, I am really a tee totaller at heart (straws have been known to make me drunk) so I've managed the art of nursing a drink, but haven't managed the art of "OK, how to I pick up a brownie without looking like a complete chocolate fiend."

Maggie's Mom, I had a very quiet bartender on my Fantasy cruise. She was very sweet, but not very chatty. I have a couple of friends who raved about Skyline, and "cleared their passport on the first night" they were having so much fun, so had high hopes for it. It was so quiet... I had better luck with O'Gills, but the bartender there was a riot, and kept zinging the responses back to me, even at the other end of the bar.

I think i'm going to haunt DCL guest services and ask for more nighttime activities. Or better yet, a singles Mixology.

Dangit, I have a cruise coming up. See? This is why I can't wait more than a year in between cruises. Dagnabit! *stomps feet* I don't know why, but I feel terrifically uncomfortable at the luncheons. Sipping drinks isn't as dangerous as cracking crab legs in someone's face or dropping salad all over my tee, or going a complete half hour with broccoli stuck between my teeth because everyone's too polite or embarrassed to point it out. Plus, I am really a tee totaller at heart (straws have been known to make me drunk) so I've managed the art of nursing a drink, but haven't managed the art of "OK, how to I pick up a brownie without looking like a complete chocolate fiend."

Maggie's Mom, I had a very quiet bartender on my Fantasy cruise. She was very sweet, but not very chatty. I have a couple of friends who raved about Skyline, and "cleared their passport on the first night" they were having so much fun, so had high hopes for it. It was so quiet... I had better luck with O'Gills, but the bartender there was a riot, and kept zinging the responses back to me, even at the other end of the bar.

I think i'm going to haunt DCL guest services and ask for more nighttime activities. Or better yet, a singles Mixology.

I did notice a Singles Mingle listed on a recent Dream Navigator so maybe they do the evening ones on the shorter cruises but think the lunches are fine for the longer cruises? Or maybe my cruise was a fluke for not having the Singles Mingle? I'm with you. I'd much rather attend a singles cocktail mixer than a lunch.

Laurence had just come off a vacation so he should be on the Fantasy for the next several months. Stop into Skyline and ask for the "St Laurence martini" if he's there. It's his own vanilla lemon martini concoction and it is yummy. There was a group that I had met through our cruise meet group that was at Skyline every night and they named the vanilla lemon martini that in honor of its creator. At least half my Skyline passport was used up drinking those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter