Alcohol Option in the room on a Cruise?

Hey everyone: So where would the kids be if the Singles Mingle is held on the first night? I thought I read that kids' clubs hold open houses on the first night . . . .? Or is that earlier in the day, so they can be dropped off that first night? thank yoU!

Hey everyone: So where would the kids be if the Singles Mingle is held on the first night? I thought I read that kids' clubs hold open houses on the first night . . . .? Or is that earlier in the day, so they can be dropped off that first night? thank yoU!

The kids clubs are in open house on the first afternoon. They move to secure programming around the early dinner time. The Singles Mingle that is held the first night is usually around 10:00pm so your kids can be in the kids club.

Thanks, Maggie'sMom~! That would be doable, I guess.... tho my kids usually are in bed by 8 pm, and will probably be exhausted that first day, because we're coming from Disney World. :-)

I am cruising on the Disney Dream and I do know they allow you to carry on your own alcohol. I was just wondering if there were any options for in-room delivery, if I didn't bring my own onboard.
This may have been answered (I'm responding before reading the whole thread), but yes, there are options to have beer and wine delivered (at a cost) to your stateroom through room service.

I did the cruise with my 8 year old, and found that I had no trouble finding time to pop down to of the nightclubs and have a nip. Either she would be in the kids club late, and I'd pick her up, or after she had gone to sleep (I'd pick something up).

The cruise gift shops also have a cigar/liquor store, but prices are not cheap. Another option is to pick up a bottle duty free at your port of call (Dream, I'm guessing you'll be doing Barbados).

The cruise gift shops also have a cigar/liquor store, but prices are not cheap. Another option is to pick up a bottle duty free at your port of call (Dream, I'm guessing you'll be doing Barbados).

Any alcohol you buy in the duty shop onboard will be held until you disembark. You cannot purchase it and drink it during the cruise.

...I love Skyline, but unless I have a chatty bartender, I feel like an alcoholic sitting there alone, staring at the s-l-o-w-l-y changing panels, thinking "I CANT leave now, I haven't seen Rio! Wait... maybe it's changing... maybe... maybe... YES!

Awh nuts. It's Paris again."

While I don't mind chatting with the bartender or another guest when at a bar by myself, I never trust to chance and almost always have a book with me to help pass the time as I enjoy my drink(s). Sometimes the book never gets opened, other times it keeps slow death by boredom at bay.

For those who have been single cruisers, I know you are allowed to bring your own alcohol on the ship, but if you don't, is there an option for getting alcohol you can enjoy in your room? I won't have another adult to go get any to bring it back to room, if that is even an option. Not sure I will need to, but just wondering in case there is an evening I am in the stateroom with my kids asleep, and maybe I want to enjoy a drink on the verandah.

Another concern, which I am truly hoping doesn't happen, is if one or both my kids are sick and I end up stuck in the room with them, which happened on our last trip to WDW, it would be nice to be able to enjoy a drink or two.

(Side note: I am planning on staying at Comfort Inn the night before and taking their shuttle to ship in the morning, so not sure there would even be an opportunity to get any to carry on.)

If you are flying and checking a bag, you could put a bottle or two in the checked bag. FYI, a bottle of wine or spirits weighs about 3 lbs. You don't need as many clothes as you think you do, anyways.

We took a pint of rum instead of a larger bottle and it was more than enough to make our own rum & cokes.

Otherwise, buy a bottle of wine at dinner your first night and take the remainder back to the room with, and then replenish at one of the ports.

Any alcohol you buy in the duty shop onboard will be held until you disembark. You cannot purchase it and drink it during the cruise.
Good to know. I didn't (I purchased from the port shop, about half the price of the on board stuff).

While I don't mind chatting with the bartender or another guest when at a bar by myself, I never trust to chance and almost always have a book with me to help pass the time as I enjoy my drink(s). Sometimes the book never gets opened, other times it keeps slow death by boredom at bay.

I like this suggestion. I'd have two piles of books to bring with me; beach books, and Boredom at Bay books. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter