Alcohol via Publix Instacart or other grocery delivery service?

blackwo1

Earning My Ears
We want to order a few snacks and beverages to be delivered to the resort. We also want to have some beer and maybe liquor delivered. We arrive on a Sunday, are there any restrictions in Florida purchasing alcohol on Sundays? Also, are there restrictions ordering alcohol through these services? Can they deliver to bell services or do we have to be there to show ID?

It looks like Publix has good pricing and availability of items but it looks like they use a different service for liquor. Will they do separate deliveries? Anyone have any experience with this? Or is there another service that would be better? I looked at Garden Grocer and their prices look high and items are limited.

We have ordered beer many times through Garden Grocer. You have to fax them your driver's license the first time you order through them. They have a great selection of beer. I am pretty sure I ordered rum from them once as well. They will deliver to bell service for you and Bell service will refrigerate any cold items. I highly recommend them and have used them over ten times.

@blackwo1 Not sure on the Sunday restriction, but you definitely need to be present to show ID for Publix or Safeway. Garden Grocer you do not have to be present, but their prices are quite high in comparision, so really up to you if you feel it's worth the premium for the convenience. I think we are going to split our Publix order and get our snacks etc delivered the night we arrive (since we get in late ish), and just order alcohol separately later in the week if we feel the need because the $6-7 delivery charge is still going to be cheaper than getting our whole order through GG.

Thanks for the info @musika and @Amy&Dan. I like the idea of doing two orders so I can have my ID sent to Garden Grocer and still save $$ on snacks and breakfast stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter