Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

britinva

Mouseketeer
Understand cannot bring on Liquor or spirits on to DCL but can you buy by bottle onboard to consume in room or just by glass at bar?

Correct. My DH brought on a bottle of vodka and was taken away. We were allowed to pick it back up when the cruise ended.

Maybe I was thinking of royal Caribbean!!!

Disregard. :)

Keeping this here out of shame lol. So glad I used “I think” to modify it...

I think they have a very limited selection of liquor/mixer combos you can buy ahead of time.

Like a small bottle of Jack Daniels and a 4 pack of Coke. If mixing drinks with the right ratio it works out to 8 drinks (4 oz soda, one shot jack) but most people don’t mix drinks like I do lol. For me the price works out to a good deal but if your drinks are bigger/stronger it won’t.

That’s in the gifts etc section to pre-purchase for your cruise, if they are still doing that.

As far as I know there’s no way to buy a bottle at a bar.

Last edited:
Understand cannot bring on Liquor or spirits on to DCL but can you buy by bottle onboard to consume in room or just by glass at bar?

Disney does not offer bottle service for liquor in your cabin either on board, or for pre-purchase. You can buy bottles of wine. I don't think I've ever seen anyone get bottle service at any of the lounges or bars either.

Once that business is taken care of you will be allowed to go up to the terminal and I am sure information will have been communicated to the officers on the ship that you have confiscated alcohol waiting for pickup on the last morning.

GASP! The officers may look down on me in shame like Mrs. Smith did when I tried to sneak a bottle of booze into the school dance! And, it seems, it also goes in your 'permanent record'!

Please...

You can leave your confiscated contraband or you can do the walk of shame with the other cruisers who purchased alcohol while in a port and need to pick up their purchases. I'll be there! For my port purchases of course; I would never smuggle alcohol onboard - but if I did, my methods would be full-proof (pun intended)

Makes me think of the Jimmy Buffett song ‘A Pirate Looks at 40’.....

Yes I am a pirate
200 years too late
The cannons don’t thunder
There’s nothing Ron plunder
I’m an over 40 victim of fate
Arriving too late
Arriving too late

LOL!

Makes me think of the Jimmy Buffett song ‘A Pirate Looks at 40’.....

Yes I am a pirate
200 years too late
The cannons don’t thunder
There’s nothing Ron plunder
I’m an over 40 victim of fate
Arriving too late
Arriving too late

LOL!

i'll play that when i'm packing...
8-)

Just wanted to add you can always purchase a cocktail at one of the many on-board bars and carry it back to your stateroom if you want to consume it there. The stateroom host will clear away the used glasses.

Just a little twist on this. On my European cruise I bought a very small bottle of Lemoncello at a port. When I put it through the security scanner they did ask about it. They had a little table around the corner where they collected the alcohol from people, got your name and cabin number, put a sticker with your info with your alcohol and told me where I could collect it the morning the cruise ended. It really didn't hold anyone up and wasn't a big deal.

Disney does not offer bottle service for liquor in your cabin either on board, or for pre-purchase. You can buy bottles of wine. I don't think I've ever seen anyone get bottle service at any of the lounges or bars either.
Like pre poster mentioned I think you can buy it in the gift section. I think most cruiselines have this option but it's cosiderably more expensive then buying it in a liquor store.

No. I just buy whatever drinks I want on board in the bars or lounges. I figure I have already spent a lot of money to go on the ship...why not spend more and have drinks without worrying about sneaking booze on board. :)

And yes, it will be confiscated and they will ask you if you want to return it to your car or they can hold it for you until the morning you leave the ship. Either way, your name, cabin number and what the items were that you tried to bring onto the ship were. While you are filling out that information there will be 100s of your closest friends around watching the procedure and and possibly being delayed as they will be behind you in the security line.
Once that business is taken care of you will be allowed to go up to the terminal and I am sure information will have been communicated to the officers on the ship that you have confiscated alcohol waiting for pickup on the last morning.
Honestly can't say Ive seen this happen. Do they brand you so all the officers know who you are? Do they make you walk the plank?Do they get on a bull horn and announce to your closest 100 friends. I can't tell if you're being overly dramatic as a joke or if you've had personal experience with this. I can't imagine dcl employees being anything but professional discreet when handling offenders

Honestly can't say Ive seen this happen. Do they brand you so all the officers know who you are? Do they make you walk the plank?Do they get on a bull horn and announce to your closest 100 friends. I can't tell if you're being overly dramatic as a joke or if you've had personal experience with this. I can't imagine dcl employees being anything but professional discreet when handling offenders

Overly dramatic for comedic effect. They really do take your info down and put it aside for debarkation though. We frequently buy rum in various ports that we either can't get at home or is more expensive there as souvenirs and Mickey is kind enough to hold onto it for us until the end of the cruise! :thumbsup2

Like pre poster mentioned I think you can buy it in the gift section. I think most cruiselines have this option but it's cosiderably more expensive then buying it in a liquor store.

I found beer and wine packages on the gift page, but no liquor.

Disney may have offered a package like this in the past, but there doesn't seem to be one currently listed.

Overly dramatic for the comedy effect...which evidently fell flat. :)
I was behind a gentleman who attempted to bring rum onto the ship and they definitely took his information and tagged the container and told him he could pick it up after debarkation if he chose to. I am sure he was not in any way branded other than that though. lol But he did look a little red faced and embarassed. Perhaps because his whole family was also detained and all the folks in line in back of him got a good show. Also, it was not DCL employees who took the alcohol...it was a customs official/security member.

In case anyone reading this is readily embarrassed, I do want to point out that at shared ports like Vancouver, you'll probably have to take your wine or beer to a second table to be checked. Most cruise lines don't have the allowance like DCL, so pretty security send anyone with alcohol to get checked. Now, Disney just looks at the bottles and passes you along, but I have friends who would feel very uncomfortable about moving aside and getting checked.

This didn't happen at PC since it is a DCL exclusive terminal.

The OP has gotten answers, along with some information that is not allowed on the Dis. Since this post seems to be going more and more to the dark side, I'm going to lock it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter