Ale and Compass any good?

We were quite impressed for breakfast. The blueberry bacon pancakes and breakfast pizza were both delicious. I wouldn’t be opposed to a dinner trip, but it just didn’t work out in our plans this time around.

Reactions: msk
We were quite impressed for breakfast. The blueberry bacon pancakes and breakfast pizza were both delicious. I wouldn’t be opposed to a dinner trip, but it just didn’t work out in our plans this time around.

Good to hear! We are having breakfast there next week! I'm excited to try it. Loved it as Capt. Grill!

Another vote for breakfast! We were staying at YC and decided to check it out...we thought it was very good. We also got a heavenly piece of chocolate cake one other night to take up to our room as a midnight snack.

We had dinner there and found it pretty unimpressive. We won't go back. Just very non-descript.

My family had dinner there after the refurb. It was good, but I regretted splurging on the clam bake. It was fine, but not worth the price (I think it was $40?) when my wife’s food was better at half the cost.

Lovely decor and yummy food, though!

My family had dinner there after the refurb. It was good, but I regretted splurging on the clam bake. It was fine, but not worth the price (I think it was $40?) when my wife’s food was better at half the cost.

Lovely decor and yummy food, though!
Do you recall what your wife ate?

I’ve had both breakfast and lunch there and loved both. For breakfast I got an omelette that was delicious and appreciated that it came with a really nice thick piece of toast - no sad Wonder Bread slices here. For lunch I had a burger and I’d put it amongst the top burgers on property. For both meals, I’ve had great service. At lunch I had a glass of wine and they bring out the bottle for you and pour tableside - small touch but gives an idea of the vibe they’re going for. Josh at easywdw did a couple of reviews that you should be able to find on his site as well.

5F9DBCD9-955B-4653-BC00-2D24C0A03762.jpeg

My son and I had lunch there in February. We had just arrived at the Yacht Club and we were hungry. We thought it was excellent. He had Fish & Chips and I had a BLT. Food was very good and the atmosphere is nice. I have no complaints. It was a nice way to start our trip.

Breakfast is great. For only about a $2 increase per person than a bounty plate at beach club’s quick serve. It’s a great price point too.

Do you recall what your wife ate?

I had to look up the menu to refresh my memory, but she had the four-cheese ravioli. It was very rich, between the butterrnut squash puree and the sage-brown butter, but delicious.

We also got, and enjoyed, the Parker House rolls.

We loved Captain’s Grille (especially for brunch,) but I was pretty meh on A&C. The removal of the breakfast buffet and retheming (which makes it feel like any ol’ convention hotel) are misses, IMO. They’ve removed most of my favorite dishes and replaced them with things that are not nearly as good, again IMO. I do have some dietary restrictions so that might affect my opinion - but my friends find the new menu so unappetizing they won’t even try it. FWIW.

We had breakfast there the other day and found the food to be very, very good. The restaurant itself is beautiful! However, the server charged my husband for two mimosas instead of just the one he had. With how restaurants are so techy these days, it seemed weird. She also never even asked us if we wanted another drink to begin with (having been a server for years usually that's par for the course). When we asked her about the mistake she kind of just shrugged and went to have it removed, no 'sorry' or anything. Glad we checked the bill as we usually don't look at them too closely. I know mistakes happen and it's not a big deal but this one just felt a little shady (stilled tipped 20% just in case). Go, enjoy the food and decor but check your bill!

We are interested in this too, we had been to Captains Grille in the past and liked it a lot. We had a reservation for dinner for our upcoming trip but recently cancelled because of a lot of negative reviews. we switched to Via Napoli for some always good pizza and significant savings over Ale and Compass.

I had lunch there first weekend in February. I was staying one night at Yacht Club. I had the burger. It was ok. It is not good enough to be a destination restaurant for me. If you are staying there it is fine and I would possibly try it again hoping to get better service. My service for the first lunch time slot was ridiculously slow.

Yep. When I went, my fellow diners seemed to be disappointed, too. One guy actually got up and left the restaurant. Between losing that and the chocolate waffles, we won’t be back. :(

Was considering breakfast at Ale and Compass for the Candleight Processional dining package. Good to know its a reasonable option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter