Ale and Compass breakfast for Candlelight Processional?

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
We are contemplating a trip to WDW next December. We are booked in a discounted Bounceback reservation that includes the Dining Plan. We have never been to the Candlelight Processional and we would like to do the dining package but do not want to use 2 TS credits to get the package. The Ale and Compass breakfast would be the most economical choice and we are considering having breakfast there. Does anyone have any opinions/tips/experiences that they could share about the restaurant and/or breakfast? Any help would be appreciated.

We are contemplating a trip to WDW next December. We are booked in a discounted Bounceback reservation that includes the Dining Plan. We have never been to the Candlelight Processional and we would like to do the dining package but do not want to use 2 TS credits to get the package. The Ale and Compass breakfast would be the most economical choice and we are considering having breakfast there. Does anyone have any opinions/tips/experiences that they could share about the restaurant and/or breakfast? Any help would be appreciated.
Are you talking about Dec 2019? I believe Ale & Compass breakfast for Candlelight Processional is new this year, and didn't it just start 4 days ago? You might get more responses in a month. And it is too early to make reservations for that now anyway. And it may not be offered next year either. You know it is not in Epcot? You have to go to the Yacht Club.

Last edited:
Are you talking about Dec 2019? I believe Ale & Compass breakfast for Candlelight Processional is new this year, and didn't it just start 4 days ago? You might get more responses in a month. And it is too early to make reservations for that now anyway. And it may not be offered next year either. You know it is not in Epcot? You have to go to the Yacht Club.
Yes. I was just trying to get opinions on the breakfast at the restaurant. We know it is in the Yacht club.

I haven’t done the package but have had breakfast there and enjoyed it. I had a pretty basic omelette but it hit the spot and set me up well for the day. Nice atmosphere and service too. I didn’t do the buffet (fruit, pastries, yogurt etc) but it looked good and believe that’s part of the package. Nice easy walk into Epcot afterward.

I did the Ale & Compass CP breakfast package last year. (They started offering it last year, but right after we booked the bookings went down and I’m not sure how many others were able to book).

We were also looking for a cheaper, early in the day meal for CP. We honestly didn’t think it was worth it. The food was okay, but the breakfast items there aren’t expensive so you don’t really feel like you’re getting your money’s worth for the package price. (We did pay OOP though, I don’t know if it would make more sense on the dining plan).

We also had poor service and were made to wait for almost an hour after our ADR (we were a little late and then apparently they forgot we were waiting for a table) but that might have been because they had just opened a few weeks prior. We had a better experience eating lunch there later that week, but I wouldn’t go again for breakfast.

Here’s the full review: Ale & Compass CP breakfast Review

We did the Candlelight Processional Dining Package (breakfast) at Ale and Compass this past Friday. It was the most we've ever spent on breakfast for four people, but it allowed us to get great seat with a minimal wait to see Chita Rivera as the narrator.

There are several options for entrees, including a veggie omelet, chocolate waffles and bacon/blueberry pancakes. There is also a buffet for side dishes such as English muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt parfaits, oatmeal, pastries, etc. Normally, you would pay for the entree and if you choose to add the buffet it would be another $9. With the package, we were each charged $38 regardless of what we ordered. Two of us added the buffet and two did not. Drinks were also included in the price. With tip, our bill came to over $170! We had to keep in mind that the show tickets were included. The food and service were both very good, but we normally would not spend that much on breakfast. I'm glad we did it. The show was great and seeing Chita Rivera was a highlight for our Broadway-obsessed son!

I did the Ale & Compass CP breakfast package last year. (They started offering it last year, but right after we booked the bookings went down and I’m not sure how many others were able to book).

We were also looking for a cheaper, early in the day meal for CP. We honestly didn’t think it was worth it. The food was okay, but the breakfast items there aren’t expensive so you don’t really feel like you’re getting your money’s worth for the package price. (We did pay OOP though, I don’t know if it would make more sense on the dining plan).

We also had poor service and were made to wait for almost an hour after our ADR (we were a little late and then apparently they forgot we were waiting for a table) but that might have been because they had just opened a few weeks prior. We had a better experience eating lunch there later that week, but I wouldn’t go again for breakfast.

Here’s the full review: Ale & Compass CP breakfast Review

Thanks for the advice.

We did the Candlelight Processional Dining Package (breakfast) at Ale and Compass this past Friday. It was the most we've ever spent on breakfast for four people, but it allowed us to get great seat with a minimal wait to see Chita Rivera as the narrator.

There are several options for entrees, including a veggie omelet, chocolate waffles and bacon/blueberry pancakes. There is also a buffet for side dishes such as English muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt parfaits, oatmeal, pastries, etc. Normally, you would pay for the entree and if you choose to add the buffet it would be another $9. With the package, we were each charged $38 regardless of what we ordered. Two of us added the buffet and two did not. Drinks were also included in the price. With tip, our bill came to over $170! We had to keep in mind that the show tickets were included. The food and service were both very good, but we normally would not spend that much on breakfast. I'm glad we did it. The show was great and seeing Chita Rivera was a highlight for our Broadway-obsessed son!

I second this. My wife and I just did this Monday. It was pretty good. I had the steak and eggs entree that comes with the buffet and drinks. The skirt steak and potatoes were good. The Cheddar biscuits and sausage gravy on the buffet was my favorite thing. I kinda wish the buffet had more on it like bacon and sausage and maybe mickey waffles. We came into this thinking it was a breakfast buffet like the other AYCTE buffets but I think they just changed it to pick an entree with the smaller buffet type. Or maybe not but I thought when I booked it in september it was just a AYCTE breakfast buffet like Cape may is. The food was good. Although I think the price was too high. Other candlelight processional packages seem to be a lot closer in price to the normal prices like Biergarten an akershus and such. When ale and compass is $23 for the entree and buffet choice and its $38 in the package. Idk it was the cheapest option for the candlelight processional package but if I had to do it again I might choose via napoli or biergarten, they might offer more value imo. If anyone was wondering Tables in Wonderland and Annual Pass and DVC discounts are not offered on this package.

We have the package tomorrow for breakfast! Will let you know what we think!

I second this. My wife and I just did this Monday. It was pretty good. I had the steak and eggs entree that comes with the buffet and drinks. The skirt steak and potatoes were good. The Cheddar biscuits and sausage gravy on the buffet was my favorite thing. I kinda wish the buffet had more on it like bacon and sausage and maybe mickey waffles. We came into this thinking it was a breakfast buffet like the other AYCTE buffets but I think they just changed it to pick an entree with the smaller buffet type. Or maybe not but I thought when I booked it in september it was just a AYCTE breakfast buffet like Cape may is. The food was good. Although I think the price was too high. Other candlelight processional packages seem to be a lot closer in price to the normal prices like Biergarten an akershus and such. When ale and compass is $23 for the entree and buffet choice and its $38 in the package. Idk it was the cheapest option for the candlelight processional package but if I had to do it again I might choose via napoli or biergarten, they might offer more value imo. If anyone was wondering Tables in Wonderland and Annual Pass and DVC discounts are not offered on this package.
I was wondering about the discount, thanks for providing an answer!
I have it scheduled for the week after next for myself and 3 kids. We have a ton of food allergies in our group and have read that Ale and Compass is amazing with allergies. Also compared to the more "exotic" fares in Epcot it looks like something my kids would actually eat.

Ale & Compass has never been an AYCTE Buffet like Cape May. It originally was entrees from the menu only. They added the small buffet in addition to an entree. Always been this way.
I believe no discounts are offered on the package.

We have eaten here a couple of times for breakfast, most recently in August 2018. We have it booked for the CP, breakfast on Dec 17. We’ve never done the buffet but have enjoyed the food and had good service both times. We enjoy doing breakfast for the CP because of the price and it frees us up for the rest of the day until the show.

August 2018:
82022BCE-99FF-47B6-837F-64835E6A2B39.jpeg BB05A6B6-B5EB-49E3-ADCF-2FE790CECB3A.jpeg

February 2018:
8801F224-4D52-4354-8FA7-244B655CB0D1.jpeg 2516F415-15F2-4EE0-898A-53C53AE6280E.jpeg DE8E7426-6698-4BB2-845A-430455024827.jpeg
16BE4051-6107-4A68-9F54-B8E6C39C727A.jpeg

Wow, sbprincess, please describe these dishes you posted. A couple look good, though I am not a fan of swiss chard.
What is the brown thing in the second picture? Is that bread or meat? They are certainly colorful presentations.
Is that Nutella on the toast half? What is in the little cruet next to it?

We have eaten here a couple of times for breakfast, most recently in August 2018. We have it booked for the CP, breakfast on Dec 17. We’ve never done the buffet but have enjoyed the food and had good service both times. We enjoy doing breakfast for the CP because of the price and it frees us up for the rest of the day until the show.

August 2018:
View attachment 367874 View attachment 367875

February 2018:
View attachment 367876 View attachment 367877 View attachment 367878
View attachment 367883

Thanks for the pics. That is what we intended to do on an evening EMH Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter