Alfredos was a dissapointment.

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
I am sorry to say that we were really disappointed with Alfredos. We ate there two weeks ago before the Candlelight processional and the food was not that great. We ordered the fried calamari and although they were tender they came to the table cold. The veal parm dish (which was the most expensive on the menu) was so tough we could not even cut it. I had asked if the veal was tender and the waiter said it was pounded before cooking, however the veal we got was on the bone and very, very dry. The fettucini was okay and my husband said his pasta was "okay" but all in all it was just not that good. The table next to us ordered the baked chicken and reported that it was awful. I sent the veal back and got the lasagne instead and it was okay. I would stick with pasta and skip the meat dishes if I went again.

I do have to add that the service was slow, but the waiters were extremely nice and eager to please. I think the reason it was slow was the amount of tables each of them had to deal with. The kids meals were fine. I don't think I wo uld do this restaurant again unless everything else was full. We enjoyed Marrakesh and Germany much more.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. Thanks for the review. We'll stick with Rose & Crown for lunch.

oh i'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. we, too, ate at alfredo's before CP and it was wonderful. my husband ordered the veal parmaniesan and he said it was better than what he had in little italy/chicago. i ordered the risotto w/wild mushrooms, which is a real departure for me, and i could have licked the plate it was so good. sevice was not slow, but not speedy either. i would return here.:wave:

I think it is nuch better Italian food than Mama Melrose at MGM. I thought that place was really lousy.

We had the same reaction the first time we tried it but the second time we went was much much better - though still not as great as I have heard

I have had the same problems with Alfredo's. We became hooked on Spoodles at the Boardwalk for Italian.

HBC

I have eaten there about 4 or 5 times over the years. I don't eat there anymore, just not up to par. Something always seemed to go wrong there with the food. I really try to stay away from all EPCOT restaurants as a rule.

We went there in December with CP package and thought it was really good.The ceasar salad was excellent before dinner.We all enjoyed our meals(my DH is Italian).The only thing I didn't like that night was my DH!LOL I don't think he liked me much either!The constant DOWNPOURS during our visit had finally gotten to us.We got over it real quick though!
Kim

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your meal.

Alfredo's is a must for our family. We eat there at least once every trip.
We have found that off hours are better. We like to do a late lunch/early dinner around 3.

And we don't go if we are in a hurry. For us its a place to catch our breath and enjoy. Service isn't speedy so we can take a few extra minutes to relax before we dive back into the touring.

danicaw,

I couldn't agree more!!!! We love it, its our 1st lunch of every trip and I can't wait to get there next Thursday when we return.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We ate here a few years ago and thought it was lousy. The food was not very good, and way to expensive for what you got. We will eat at Spoodles when we want Italian.

I've eaten at Alfredo's three times over the years and I have come to the conclusion that it is the WORST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD (not disney world, the ENTIRE world)

I have always wanted to like Alfredo's but had the most horrible service on our first visit. It took a while and a couple of trips before I decided to return since I DO think whatever our first visit was out of the ordinary - the first time the server was very obviously angry at someone or something that night (not us though since he had the attitude the first minute he walked up to the table and we were being very well behaved I promise!:Pinkbounc I always believe in giving anywhere a second chance so we went back this summer. Service was MUCH better but food just ok. I love Italian food and the 6 in our party ordered various things and nobody said anything was BAD, bleck can't eat it, but just so-so. It was also very noisy in the main dining room and I felt like we were on top of the tables nearby. I doubt we'll go back for dinner since there are too many places on and off property that we enjoy more. But lunch instead of dinner might be a much nicer experience.

I have to agree with lots of others here. My DH and I love Italian food but after a few bad visits to Alfredo's we stopped going for several years. This past October we decided to try again hoping things had changed but we still had poor service and so/so food. For the amount of money it costs, it just doesn't seem worth it and they really pack people in too close. Maybe if we ever try it again we will go at a really off time like 3 p.m. or so and see if that works better.

Alfredo's is also a must for us. I know there are mixed reviews here on the boards. For me, the fetuccini alfredo is by far the best thing on the menu (calamari being an app favorite). Italian cuisine is a subjective thing, so dine cautiously.

we ate our very first table service meal there a few years ago and were very excited to try the fettucini alfredo, which we heard was the best and the house specialty.
Well, I'll stick to the Olive Garden, and we haven't been back since our first lunch. I was disappointed.
And I thought mama melrose was better (although I got pizza so you can't really compare the two)...

We've eaten at Alfredo's twice and it's been great both times, food, service and atmosphere. The second time we went we brought my mother and brothers and they also loved it.

The place I won't be going back to is Mama Melrose's in MGM. The service was very slow, the food was cold and not tastey at all.

We ate there for lunch the week after Christmas. We loved it.

We used Connections vouchers, so we had a ton of food. My caesar salad was very good. The kids got the pizza as an appetizer and ate every bit.

I really liked the lasagna and DD LOVED the fettucini alfredo.

We got 3 desserts and they were fabulous. We are still talking about them...and we don't even know what they were called.

Our meal was over $90 and the vouchers cost us $54.50. So, we got a great deal.

The kids insist on eating here again in June. I hope Connections still has the vouchers.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!