Alitalia going bankrupt?!?!

Kris10luvsDisney

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are supposed to be leaving on Saturday for Rome for our Viva Italia trip and I just came across a news article online saying Alitalia is having emergency talks to try to keep the airline in business, but things aren't looking good!

I'm going to call ABD to see if they have any more info or if they have any backup plans in place in case this does happen.

The article mentioned buying full-fare refundable tix on another carrier and then returning them at the last minute if the flights are not canceled on Alitalia. But at this point we don't have a few thousand extra dollars laying around!!!:mad:

I know this collapse could potentially affect a lot of us on this board, fingers crossed it all gets worked out quickly and smoothly!

:sad2: Yikes Kris! Did you get your air through ABD. If so I am sure they can figure it out without much of a glich. We booked our own through US Air. Just checked with them last night to make sure all was in order for Sat.
Can't believe we're days away! Keep us posted on how you fare with the air situation. I am sure we will be seeing you Sunday and saying ciao! Good luck!

Hey Nicole!

I got off the phone w/ ABD a litte bit ago, and they are aware of the situation (thank god w/ booked our air thru them - so we can get help if we do have to switch carriers)! They said everything so far is systems go, but if the airline does collapse, they will put us on another carrier (sounds like Delta - hopefully there will be seats available!) and we will hopefully get over there on time! I checked online and there are 2 flights out of JFK the afternoon of 9/20 so hopefully we will be able to get on one of those if needed.

I called my DH and told him the news and he just chuckled. We have the worst luck when we travel. If it's not terrorism we are worried about, it's that our airline is on the verge of going out of business at any moment! :rotfl2: Thank god we are both pretty laid back go with the flow kind of people. It will all work out in the end! (right?!:)

looking forward to meeting you on Sunday!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter