All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

So I'm having a similar dilemma - would love everyone's thoughts.

Right now we travel pretty exclusively in December and August (what can I say - I love the heat!) My first/primary UY was June and worked well for both dates given Jan 31st banking deadline. Then I stumbled upon a resale December FW and jumped - it has a Dec use year but that was not an issue since I do intend to use it exclusively for that FW.

Now I'm looking into buying a second FW - direct this time - for Jan. And while down the road I will use it for that week, that won't be for awhile. I should also add that both FW (along with my other points) are at 3 separate resorts.

Scenario 1: FW 1 | June UY | Will initially use points in August | Banking Deadline Jan 31 (Ideal scenario now but if I ever had to sell, seems like an odd pairing though you'd still have 3 weeks to bank if trip fell through)

Scenario 2: FW 1 | Dec UY | Will initially use points in August | Banking Deadline July 31st (Not a great scenario now, but ideal for later/if I had to sell)

Help!! :)

If your plan is to use for different trips, then the different UYs are much less a hassle.

Because of the holding penalty that kicks in for canceling less than 31 days, your August trips are sort of protected because you’d be canceling in July to avoid that…which means you can still bank.

The drawback is any already banked or borrowed points would need to be used by November 30th.

Sounds like both UYs are doable with what and when you want to travel.

Hrmm maybe I'll do a FW 48 or 49 at Poly..? Or maybe I should diversify since I already have a FW 50.. July 4th maybe? NYE and Christmas week are too expensive of a week.. don't really care to buy it around runDisney events.. hrm.. decisions decisions..
Ya know all of October is very popular due to MNSSHP....FW43 to consider?
Yes. I have a Sept UY but my FW is in Dec week 49. If I cancel the week, all the points go back into my Sept UY.
Ugh...talk of UY makes my brain hurt! Please someone talk about Dec UY for Dec FW49,50, and 52. Pros and cons? My thinking based on above posts is that if I cancel > 31 days before FW49 (as an example), the points will go back to my DEC UY (of the previous year). And I would not be able to bank them. Is this correct thinking?

Ugh...talk of UY makes my brain hurt! Please someone talk about Dec UY for Dec FW49,50, and 52. Pros and cons? My thinking based on above posts is that if I cancel > 31 days before FW49 (as an example), the points will go back to my DEC UY (of the previous year). And I would not be able to bank them. Is this correct thinking?
I believe it will go to the current Dec UY. My understanding is if you cancel FW for 2024, you'll have until 11/30/2025 to use or bank by the deadline for Dec UYs.

Why would it go back to the previous UY? You didn’t borrow anything. You’d have til the end of November of next year to use them still or bank them later.

Last edited:

No. If you have FW 49 booked now in your Dec 2024 UY and cancel it, those points because your 2024 UY points.

If you cancel less than 31 days, they go into holding. Outside of 31 you can use them during the 2024 UY or bank them by July 31st, 2025.

If your plan is to use for different trips, then the different UYs are much less a hassle.

Because of the holding penalty that kicks in for canceling less than 31 days, your August trips are sort of protected because you’d be canceling in July to avoid that…which means you can still bank.

The drawback is any already banked or borrowed points would need to be used by November 30th.

Sounds like both UYs are doable with what and when you want to travel.
Thank you! It's super helpful to have someone more experienced think through my logic - appreciate you!

Scenario 1: FW 1 | June UY | Will initially use points in August | Banking Deadline Jan 31 (Ideal scenario now but if I ever had to sell, seems like an odd pairing though you'd still have 3 weeks to bank if trip fell through)

Scenario 2: FW 1 | Dec UY | Will initially use points in August | Banking Deadline July 31st (Not a great scenario now, but ideal for later/if I had to sell)

Help!! :)
I would go with #1 if that works best for you.

Either scenario, if you cancel 31+ days out, you would be within your banking window. Otherwise the points would go into holding and not able to bank either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!