All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

Goodness but that sounds very are loosey goosey. After a long, long discussion with a sales manager a couple of years ago I'm very surprised at that answer. Of course our discussion revolved around being sold something one way and when QA got ahold of it they backtracked. It wasn't major - but involved price discounts - and was they way they had sold to many years before but I got the long spiel over and over how they were "not becoming that type of timeshare" and "were following all the rules as they had them outlined unlike how they used to operate". As this also will affect the discount just be prepared that until it's closed it may not happen if the right people see it.

How far in until it got caught as well?

So I update you can actually add extra points on to a FW contract but you only get them if cancelling the FW. What this meant for me is that my Riviera Fixed Week 47 (147 points) I could add 3 extra points to get to the next incentives tier.
You bought RVA? YOU?! 🤣
Welcome to the RVA FW club lol

This is very interesting info to know re: FWs... I have been thinking about CCV FW for Xmas...

You bought RVA? YOU?! 🤣
Welcome to the RVA FW club lol

This is very interesting info to know re: FWs... I have been thinking about CCV FW for Xmas...

hahaha I always thought RIV was a nice resort my big thing was location and point charts. Location is still pretty good because of the skyliner and the single stop to Epcot. My other big thing was Points Charts/MFs and for that I really just did the math on my BWV vs RIV stays and there was not that much difference now and especially in 20 years BWV/BCV point charts will make RIV look like a deal (imo). Oh and when I sell my BWV contract in March I will likely have converted all my points direct for the same price as my CCV add-on was going to be.

A Christmas FW could be a big advantage especially as they adjust point charts and possibly increase the cost to Christmastime.

Ya they actually checked with their team. I pushed hard on standard as well. I had backed out of another contract so he knows I am not afraid to walk away.

I'm not sure this would have affected your purchase (going for 300 points)

That being said I was going for 300 points regardless and was the only way I was purchasing as it drop the price to $155 and made the math work close enough.

They must be capping the standard views at 3. Also they were good with a week 50 Standard View so it wasn't that they were after only preferred room fixed weeks.

limited by dedicated counts of each room type

Which makes sense right? It's harder to book a 1br than a 2br so you would think while not much difference it would lead to a little less breakage and is a good policy. Also leaves us with more 2BRs which I am happy about as that likely will be what I book 90% of the time.

they are either ...
  1. not selling deluxe studios that are part of a lock-off as fixed weeks for RVA (they did for VGF so this would be different)
  2. or your may have been given bad information about deluxe studio - standards not being available in weeks 48 and 49
I'm not sure this would have affected your purchase (going for 300 points) but the inconsistency between VGF (sold deluxe studios out of two bedroom lock-offs) and RVA (apparently only selling dedicated) is a bit weird; I don't have the CCV data yet

here are the fixed weeks through today at RVA assuming they are limited by dedicated counts of each room type
View attachment 521685
View attachment 521686
View attachment 521687

Is that based on the units declared or the total for the resort. At CCV people were told that the weeks 48 or maybe it was 49 were "sold out" for the walk in shower studio and then a declaration was made and voila - more weeks.

Points were loaded. It was at the contract preparation.

I got my contract this evening andy points are loaded so maybe we are over the hump.

I talked with my wife and if there is an issue we probably would just flip the wk48 @147 to another wk49 @150 to make it 300. I likely would bust their chops to see if I could get some concession though.

Fingers crossed.

Is that based on the units declared or the total for the resort. At CCV people were told that the weeks 48 or maybe it was 49 were "sold out" for the walk in shower studio and then a declaration was made and voila - more weeks.

Might be declared and you might be on to something.

It would be interesting to check back after future declarations to see if more are added.

For me I am good with the FW as I can always go for a Std View and honestly for couples trips I likely would do Pref view anyways. It when I do the 2BR family trips most of the next 10-15 years that I will want a Std View.

so I'm thinking RVA may not have had the same new availability CCV did with new declarations

They might have realized the negative impacts of that decision like someone finding out later they were told no but now it exists. While they can do whatever they want when selling there might be ethical business codes they need to follow as well. If they know additional inventory of FW will be released they would need to disclose it.

For the example of individuals at CCV who were told no, bought, and then later saw that FW was being sold again (and it was not Disney buying back) there might have been a larger fight that made them just realize they shouldn't wait.

weeks were recorded before the second amendment was recorded (1 Jun 2020), one week 48 deluxe studio - standard was recorded later in Jun 2020
This one's mine! 😁

Do y'all know which year point chart they're using now for FWs?

Edit: I see now that they're using 2020's point chart, which makes sense. I assume in January they'll start using 2021's point chart for any FWs sold, which will make it a worse deal in adventure season but better in summer, etc

Last edited:
This one's mine! 😁

Do y'all know which year point chart they're using now for FWs?

Edit: I see now that they're using 2020's point chart, which makes sense. I assume in January they'll start using 2021's point chart for any FWs sold, which will make it a worse deal in adventure season but better in summer, etc

Fixed Week point charts are locked in at the opening of the resort. So in theory you could buy a FW that is actually cheaper than the week in question because of point chart changes.

That is what I took away from previous discussion on the topic. If someone has other information let me know as that would be important for people to know as we get closer to these new point charts in 2021.

Fixed Week point charts are locked in at the opening of the resort. So in theory you could buy a FW that is actually cheaper than the week in question because of point chart changes.

That is what I took away from previous discussion on the topic. If someone has other information let me know as that would be important for people to know as we get closer to these new point charts in 2021.
Ah ok. It's confusing because the current FW point chart says 2020, I guess they'll change the year but leave the points the way they are.

Ah ok. It's confusing because the current FW point chart says 2020, I guess they'll change the year but leave the points the way they are.

I think it just has to do with the weirdness of when the resort opened. Its why the CCV and AUL charts have their first years listed on them as well.

They've never changed any fixed week purchase charts afaik and all resorts have had some adjustments in the seasons affecting night totals including Aulani. I think the fixed week purchase requirements are just going to remain fixed to when they first went on sale. If anything that could be the limiter where DVC says no more on a week if it had changed a lot.

Last edited:
As this question popped up somewhere else, I wanted to note that my Guide told me that I *could* purchase a FW (if available) at sold out resorts - specifically VGF and PVB. (He said they’ve sold one at both recently, and that the PVB was for guaranteed *bungalow* for Week 52!! Can you imagine the number of points for that?!?!). Of course FWs are still available for AUL, RIV and CCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter