All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

Just double checking. At Copper Creek we can get Run Disney weeks that aren't Sunday-Sunday?
From what has been reported, fixed weeks for special events have some flexibility to them.

Whether they still have any is the question and you’d have to call because there is a cap on fixed weeks that can be sold.
As of about a month ago, they did have runDisney weeks available for Food & Wine and for Marathon, as we had asked about both. I can't say if the Princess or Star Wars run weeks are available, as we didn't ask.

They are still selling runDisney events at Copper Creeks, and they do allow for flexibility. You can even do less than a week, though it would still cost the entire week even if you checked out earlier.

Cool I am looking at marathon week.

Good buy considering the demand that week. Do remember that if the runDisney event is ever canceled, the deed reverts to a regular Sunday-Sunday fixed week for whichever week is specified. That's why we ultimately picked Wine and Dine even though we also go for Marathon and Princess weekends - our deed would revert to Week 44, which is still during Food and Wine, and we're fine with that.

Good buy considering the demand that week. Do remember that if the runDisney event is ever canceled, the deed reverts to a regular Sunday-Sunday fixed week for whichever week is specified. That's why we ultimately picked Wine and Dine even though we also go for Marathon and Princess weekends - our deed would revert to Week 44, which is still during Food and Wine, and we're fine with that.
Thats a good point. I guess I could still always cancel the fixed week and get the points if that happens right? The reason I want marathon over wine and dine is I already have Boardwalk/Riv points and prefer to be in that area for wine and dine.

I did read through and didn't see this mentioned, if it is I apologize in advance.

Can a FW be added onto an existing contract or does it need to be done at time of purchase directly from Disney?

We are buying a VGF right now that will have some adjustments to our use time since we have young children. If I can get locked into a GW after buying a RIV resale, I would be very interested in it to ensure the single use resort doesn't become an issue in the future. We would look to pull the GW and use the points at the time of our choosing while the kids are young but have the GW available if / when bookings become an issue into the future.

I did read through and didn't see this mentioned, if it is I apologize in advance.

Can a FW be added onto an existing contract or does it need to be done at time of purchase directly from Disney?

We are buying a VGF right now that will have some adjustments to our use time since we have young children. If I can get locked into a GW after buying a RIV resale, I would be very interested in it to ensure the single use resort doesn't become an issue in the future. We would look to pull the GW and use the points at the time of our choosing while the kids are young but have the GW available if / when bookings become an issue into the future.
Time of purchase from disney.

It is a specific purchase and contract. Even if you buy RIV direct as a points contract, you can’t get it changed to a fixed week later,

To get a FW it has to be bought that way from the start,

Thats a good point. I guess I could still always cancel the fixed week and get the points if that happens right? The reason I want marathon over wine and dine is I already have Boardwalk/Riv points and prefer to be in that area for wine and dine.
Yes you can.

Yes you can, and to be honest if future cancellations are a concern, I'd be most comfortable buying Marathon or Princess weekend. Those seem like the absolute least likely to be outright canceled. I could see Star Wars or Wine and Dine if demand is down post-pandemic, but Marathon and Princess are events unto themselves.

Is fix week only wise for standard views?
It depends.

Riviera is balanced pretty well between studios and larger units (about 40% with lockoffs split). So securing a studio there as an owner will not be as challenging as you may find at CCV (admittedly a pretty low bar).

During the busiest times (late Sep to mid-Jan) the standard studios will go quickly, but outside of the first two weeks of December, preferred studios should not prove challenging to secure for an owner.

In that respect, it makes the most sense to own a standard fixed week during that period. Preferred view studios, which account for around 75% of all studios, should not be hard to secure at 11 months, and outside of Fall frenzy, would likely be available at 7 months.

This of course all assumes saving on points is your primary goal. If I told my wife I spent three months tirelessly walking the room we were in to save on points while staring out at the Riviera parking lot, she would be thoroughly unimpressed and ask if we can upgrade to a better view.

Ugh. I didn’t imagine I would want a fixed week (I do travel at some of the same times- but also very different times, with different people, requiring different room sizes)... but after reading all of this, I am completely second-guessing myself & wish I had that hard to get guarantee. 😬

Ugh. I didn’t imagine I would want a fixed week (I do travel at some of the same times- but also very different times, with different people, requiring different room sizes)... but after reading all of this, I am completely second-guessing myself & wish I had that hard to get guarantee. 😬

FOMO is a real thing when reading these types of threads but you had a plan and will probably be just fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

I will just say for us I only plan on using the FW likely 5 or 6 times in the next 50 years. Most times we will be getting other stays, will get a normal room (saving the premium), ect.

The only place where I would personally be that nervous about not having a FW is if you always go over the Christmas -> New Years Eve time. That mostly comes down to possible point savings with FW but some years you might not even get Christmas or NYE so there is a trade off anyways.

I wouldn't worry about it and this thread is more so if you are looking at getting a contract then "why not" just get a FW since it can't hurt even though for 99% of people you might never use it after all like 99.9999% of points right now are not FW anyways.

I wouldn't worry about it and this thread is more so if you are looking at getting a contract then "why not" just get a FW since it can't hurt even though for 99% of people you might never use it after all like 99.9999% of points right now are not FW anyways.
The main reason (at least for us) is that we buy annual passes. To get the most value from them, we stagger our trips 50-51 weeks apart. Fixed weeks just don't work for that pattern.

The main reason (at least for us) is that we buy annual passes. To get the most value from them, we stagger our trips 50-51 weeks apart. Fixed weeks just don't work for that pattern.
It could work for every other year, though, and you just cancel it on the odd year. Especially if the week you have is a high demand week, and/or one that has been increasing in point cost over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter