You don't actually need any hard copy of anything, as the
fact that you bought an AP certificate is in your MDE, and that's all you need
to go to Guest Relations to activate your APs.
You will also get an "AP card" at Guest Relations when you finally activate.
If you want something mailed, I guess you can call and ask, but it really isn't necessary.
AWESOME -- thanks!!! :thanks:

Ok, having been to WDW almost 20 times, this scenario has never happened to us. I think I know the answer but I want to be sure:
I have a 5 day park hopper plus waterpark. We arrive at GF on a Sunday. We planned on going to TL that day. Then the next day for 5 days go to the parks. What I want to make sure is if I am thinking about this correctly. The trip to the water park is NOT included in the 5 days of the park hopper, correct? Boy, I'd hate to use one of my days on the park hopper for the water park and then on our last planned day in the parks find out we don't have any more days left:furious:
Thank you in advance for all your help!

We have a DL trip planned this summer in addition to our frequent WDW visits. We have WDW APs and I am trying to figure out if it makes more sense to upgrade to the Premier Pass (both FL and CA) or just to buy regular tickets in CA. For DL, we need 6 days of hoppers, so we'd need to buy a 5 day ticket and a 1 day ticket.

Does anyone know how to figure out the upgrade cost on the AP? Do we subtract the renewal price of our Platinum APs ($705.03) from the price of the Premier Pass ($1485.77), or do we subtract the original price of the Platinum AP ($829.64)? That $125 difference may be significant in the decision we're trying to make...

We have a DL trip planned this summer in addition to our frequent WDW visits. We have WDW APs and I am trying to figure out if it makes more sense to upgrade to the Premier Pass (both FL and CA) or just to buy regular tickets in CA. For DL, we need 6 days of hoppers, so we'd need to buy a 5 day ticket and a 1 day ticket.

Does anyone know how to figure out the upgrade cost on the AP? Do we subtract the renewal price of our Platinum APs ($705.03) from the price of the Premier Pass ($1485.77), or do we subtract the original price of the Platinum AP ($829.64)? That $125 difference may be significant in the decision we're trying to make...

My first reaction is... SIX DAYS at DLR?!?! ;)

Otherwise, just do the math between buying DLR tickets, or a DLR AP or upgrading
to a Premiere Pass.

To upgrade, you would subtract the original cost of the WDW AP from the cost of the Premiere Pass.
The "built-in penalty" is not the cost, per se, but its the fact that your new Premiere Pass will expire on the same date as your original WDW AP would expire. No pro-rating.

Last edited:

Ok, having been to WDW almost 20 times, this scenario has never happened to us. I think I know the answer but I want to be sure:
I have a 5 day park hopper plus waterpark. We arrive at GF on a Sunday. We planned on going to TL that day. Then the next day for 5 days go to the parks. What I want to make sure is if I am thinking about this correctly.

The trip to the water park is NOT included in the 5 days of the park hopper, correct?

Correct.

You will have a maximum of 14 days in which to use all of your ticket assets, once you use any part of the ticket at the first gate.

My first reaction is... SIX DAYS at DLR?!?! ;)

Otherwise, just do the math between buying DLR tickets, or a DLR AP or upgrading
to a Premiere Pass.

To upgrade, you would subtract the original cost of the WDW AP from the cost of the Premiere Pass.
The "built-in penalty" is not the cost, per se, but its the fact that your new Premiere Pass will expire on the same date as your original WDW AP would expire. No pro-rating.

Thanks Robo!

Based on my math, it seems it might make sense for one of us to upgrade to the Premier Pass:

Cost of upgrade = $1485.77 (Premier price) - $829.64 (Platinum price) = $656.13

Cost of 6 days of park hoppers (5 +1) = $515

So the AP upgrade would be about $141 more. With the discounts on food and merchandise, I think this option makes the most sense. We plan on doing two table service meals a day while we're there, plus heaven knows we buy all the things :)

Okay, quick question...On our last trip in November, two of our 3 kids didn't go back to the park on the last day. They opted instead to chill in the hotel and shop at Disney Springs (I should say teens, not "kids"). Do I still have the value of their tickets lurking about to apply to a future ticket? It's only one day & I figured I was just eating that cost, but if not, cool. (We ordered everything as a package from Disney -- room, dining plan, & Disney My Way tickets for 8 days w/ PH.)

Okay, quick question...On our last trip in November, two of our 3 kids didn't go back to the park on the last day. They opted instead to chill in the hotel and shop at Disney Springs (I should say teens, not "kids").

1. Do I still have the value of their tickets lurking about to apply to a future ticket?
2. It's only one day & I figured I was just eating that cost...

1. Nope.
2. Correct.

Once a Magic Your Way ticket has started being used, any unused asset(s) left on that ticket
will expire 14 days after its first use. (Can be different timeframe for Florida residents.)
And, after that

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm not able to find the answer...we are visiting family in FL. If they purchase WDW tickets with FL resident pricing for all of us, do they need to be with us on all days in the parks? TIA

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm not able to find the answer...we are visiting family in FL. If they purchase WDW tickets with FL resident pricing for all of us, do they need to be with us on all days in the parks? TIA

They cannot purchase FL resident tickets for adult guests who are not FL residents.
Adult guests using FL resident tickets must show proof of FL residency.

This was probably answered in the initial post, but I may just be too tired to have understood, so please forgive me.

I'm a DVC member and tend to buy an annual pass because it'll usually be cheaper because I'll either plan a really long trip or plan to take a second trip before my pass will expire, but this year I don't anticipate being able to squeeze in a second trip. So for the first time in a long time I need to buy regular tickets. I totally understand the regular hopper option, but it's the plus option that puzzles me a bit. So say I buy a 7 day ticket, it says I also get 7 days of the plus options. Am I understanding it right tho the plus options are can be separate from the regular park days? So ay I go to WDW for 14 days and buy only a 7 days pass with the hopper plus option. Does this mean I could theoretically go to the MK/CP/ etc for 7 days and then go to a water park or whatever for 7 days as well? Of course I noted that in the initial post that you could use multiple + days at once, say hitting a water park and mini golf course on the same day, which would then count as 2 of those plus days. Which I suppose kind of answers the real question I have is that are the 7 main park days separate than the 7 plus days...meaning that going into the MK wouldn't take away from the 7 plus activities I have available to me, right?

Sorry, running on almost no sleep for the last two days so I totally apologize if this post has made zero sense at all, lol. If anyone has been able to decipher this post and has an answer I would greatly appreciate it. :sad2::crazy:

1. say I buy a 7 day ticket, it says I also get 7 days of the plus options.
2. Am I understanding it right tho the plus options are can be separate from the regular park days? So (s)ay I go to WDW for 14 days and buy only a 7 days pass with the hopper plus option.
3. Does this mean I could theoretically go to the MK/CP/ etc for 7 days and then go to a water park or whatever for 7 days as well?
4. say hitting a water park and mini golf course on the same day, which would then count as 2 of those plus days.
5. going into the MK wouldn't take away from the 7 plus activities I have available to me, right?

1. Yes.
2. Yes. Fully separate.
3. Yes.
4. Correct.
5. Right.

Hello,
Is there anyway to have an 11 day park ticket? I live in the U.S.

Thanks!

Found My Answer!!! Thanks. Rest Days it will be.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to have an 11 day park ticket? I live in the U.S.

If you buy a Park Hopper PLUS ticket, that will give you 10 Theme Park "days" and another 10 Water Park (etc.) "days."
(All remaining assets of that ticket will expire if not used within 14 days of first use.)

You could alternate between Theme Parks and Water Parks (etc.) for up to 14 days on that one ticket.

Free dining deal now = required park hoppers when booking the package.

Is there a restriction on upgrading the tickets at guest services to more days but removing the hopping? Say, going from a 3 day PH to a 7 day base ticket if the hopping hasn't been used, or is that not allowed?

Free dining deal now = required park hoppers when booking the package.

Is there a restriction on upgrading the tickets at guest services to more days but removing the hopping? Say, going from a 3 day PH to a 7 day base ticket if the hopping hasn't been used, or is that not allowed?

After you have checked into the resort, as long as the ticket to which you want to upgrade costs MORE than the original ticket (and no hopping has been used,) it'll work fine.

Have I really gone 5 months without noticing this?? I just noticed that the expiration day of my and my dh's AP is January 4, 2018. I may be crazy, but I don't think this was the case before.

I obtained our APs by upgrading our hoppers while at Disney in January. The first day we used the tickets was January 11. Shouldn't the expiration date be January 11, 2018 (or maybe the 10th)?

ETA: I just looked back in my email and the hopper tickets were purchased on January 4, 2017 directly through Disney.

Your upgraded AP expires a year from the first day the original ticket was used, not purchased, right?

When I had issues with upgrading to AP, at first is was back dated 6 months to date of purchase, that was very very wrong. But when I was getting it fixed, I was told the clock starts when you activate it, not when you first use it. For most people that's the same day, but I guess there are a few that activate it at guest services and spend a few resort days before going into a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter