When I had issues with upgrading to AP... I was told the clock starts when you activate it, not when you first use it. For most people that's the same day, but I guess there are a few that activate it at guest services and spend a few resort days before going into a park.

That's correct.

If I upgrade to AP the day before my resort reservation starts does that affect the FP booked those days? Am I in the right thread for this question? I have 6 day UT tickets.

I made my fast pass reservations yesterday. I purchased a new annual pass (silver) that I will be using for this trip instead of my gold pass that I currently have linked to myself in my disney experience. When I just added my silver pass, it allowed me to also link it to myself.
1. Should I reassign my gold pass to my daughter who is 2 and won't need a ticket so there is no confusion on which ticket I want to use?
2. If I do this will this mess up my current fast passes that were booked when I only had the gold pass linked to my name?

I made my fast pass reservations yesterday. I purchased a new annual pass (silver) that I will be using for this trip instead of my gold pass that I currently have linked to myself in my disney experience. When I just added my silver pass, it allowed me to also link it to myself.
1. Should I reassign my gold pass to my daughter who is 2 and won't need a ticket so there is no confusion on which ticket I want to use?
2. If I do this will this mess up my current fast passes that were booked when I only had the gold pass linked to my name?

1. Once a ticket has started being used, it cannot be transferred to another guest inside MDE.

Does this mean that you will have two active APs at the same time?

2. No. FPs are not linked directly to any specific ticket.

I haven't activated either ticket yet. I purchased several annual passes a few years ago before the price increases so I have several in my account.

1. Once a ticket has started being used, it cannot be transferred to another guest inside MDE.

Does this mean that you will have two active APs at the same time?

2. No. FPs are not linked directly to any specific ticket.

Earning My Ears
New
I haven't activated either ticket yet. I purchased several annual passes a few years ago before the price increases so I have several in my account.

Should I reassign my gold pass to my daughter who is 2 and won't need a ticket so there is no confusion on which ticket I want to use?

In this case (never-used ticket,) you should be able to transfer the AP into another "person's" account in your MDE for safe-keeping.
You could create a "fake name" account and transfer it there rather than into your daughter's account (who WILL be needing a ticket
by the time you finally activate the "stored" AP.)

Can someone please double check my math?!?
I purchased reseller tickets prior to the Feb price increase. I paid a total of $1631 for 5 day base ticket (2 adults @ $343 each and 3 kids @ $315 each).
The current price for this ticket on the MDE is $1790.
Considering skipping the MVMCP and upgrading to a 6 day ticket which has a current retail price of $1890.
From what I understand in the first post I would pay $100 to upgrade?
Bonus points if you know if I could do this upgrade at the BC/YC concierge or at the Epcot International Gateway entrance.

Thanks!

Is using the Touring Plans ticket price comparison finder still the best method to find the cheapest WDW ticket?

Can someone please double check my math?!?
I purchased reseller tickets prior to the Feb price increase. I paid a total of $1631 for 5 day base ticket (2 adults @ $343 each and 3 kids @ $315 each).
The current price for this ticket on the MDE is $1790.
Considering skipping the MVMCP and upgrading to a 6 day ticket which has a current retail price of $1890.
From what I understand in the first post I would pay $100 to upgrade?
Bonus points if you know if I could do this upgrade at the BC/YC concierge or at the Epcot International Gateway entrance.

Thanks!

I have upgraded tickets before at EIG.

I was looking at our tickets in MDE today. We all started with 9 day base tickets but we added one day to each of our sons tickets. We've all been to the parks 3 times and our sons went for a 4th day today. In MDE the two boys have 10 day tickets listed with 6 days remaining. My husband, daughter and I have 9 day tickets listed. My husband's and daughter's say 6 days remaining but mine says 8 days remaining. Any idea why? Just a fluke?

We usually only have 1 ticket active at a time. But we have a free dining package booked with 2 day park hoppers in December. My DH & I will be renewing our APs in September & want to use them instead of the package tickets. My questions:

-- Do I have to do anything to make sure our APs are used when we enter the park, & not the 2 day hoppers.

-- Can I assign those 2 day park hoppers to my DS & DDIL before we arrive? They will be listed as guests in our rooms & will have their own 2 day hoppers already assigned to them too. I know everyone on the package must purchase the same tickets, but do those tickets have to stay "assigned" to the same person before check in.

-- Since we will have active APs, DH & I will be able to make fastpass selections for every day of our trip, correct? And not just 2 days worth because of the 2 day ticket purchased with the package?

Basically I'm trying to see if DH & I can make our fastpasses with our APs & then give those 2 extra tickets to DS & DDIL ahead of time to make 4 days of admissions & fastpasses for them at 60 days out. If not, they will just have to upgrade after we get there & try for last minute fastpasses.

Thanks for the help!!

I was looking at our tickets in MDE today. We all started with 9 day base tickets but we added one day to each of our sons tickets. We've all been to the parks 3 times and our sons went for a 4th day today. In MDE the two boys have 10 day tickets listed with 6 days remaining. My husband, daughter and I have 9 day tickets listed. My husband's and daughter's say 6 days remaining but mine says 8 days remaining. Any idea why? Just a fluke?
If this doesn't right itself by tomorrow morning, go to guest relations and get it fixed.

We usually only have 1 ticket active at a time. But we have a free dining package booked with 2 day park hoppers in December. My DH & I will be renewing our APs in September & want to use them instead of the package tickets. My questions:

1-- Do I have to do anything to make sure our APs are used when we enter the park, & not the 2 day hoppers.

2-- Can I assign those 2 day park hoppers to my DS & DDIL before we arrive? They will be listed as guests in our rooms & will have their own 2 day hoppers already assigned to them too. I know everyone on the package must purchase the same tickets, but do those tickets have to stay "assigned" to the same person before check in.

3-- Since we will have active APs, DH & I will be able to make fastpass selections for every day of our trip, correct?
4--And not just 2 days worth because of the 2 day ticket purchased with the package?

5--Basically I'm trying to see if DH & I can make our fastpasses with our APs & then give those 2 extra tickets to DS & DDIL ahead of time to make 4 days of admissions & fastpasses for them at 60 days out.
6--If not, they will just have to upgrade after we get there & try for last minute fastpasses.

1-- Well, you say that you are going to transfer those 2-day tickets,
once you do that you will only have the APs in your names.
2-- You should be able to.
3-- Correct.
4-- Not just the 2 days.
5-- You should be able to.
6-- If the transfer doesn't work in advance,
you will be able to transfer the extra tickets to them as soon as you arrive.

Last edited:
I have some questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I recently contacted Disney about some tickets DH and I have from 2004. Disney told me we both have 1 park admission day and two waterpark admission days left over. They gave me a number to call to see if these tickets can be linked to MDE. Here's my questions.

1. If I call and link these tickets to MDE, can I make FP+ selections at 60 days out? We are staying at BLT for two nights after our Disney cruise and plan on visiting MK for the day. If I can't link these to MDE am I out of luck for FP+?

2. I do not want to use the two waterpark admissions until next summer. Do those tickets just "sit" in my MDE account until then. I guess I'm worried I'll lose them if I don't use them on our short trip this fall.

3. I need to buy my boys 1-day MK tickets and link them to MDE. What's the best way to do that? Online?

Thanks!

tickets DH and I have from 2004. They gave me a number to call to see if these tickets can be linked to MDE.
1. If I call and link these tickets to MDE, can I make FP+ selections at 60 days out?
2. I do not want to use the two waterpark admissions until next summer. Do those tickets just "sit" in my MDE account until then.
3. I need to buy my boys 1-day MK tickets and link them to MDE. What's the best way to do that? Online?
1. Yes.
2, Yes.
3. On line or over the phone. All the same.

I have received in the 7 day ticket that UT was offering about ten days ago as a flash sale.

I thought the batch of tickets they were selling were the older batch and hence would not be as valuable as the new ticket if using to bridge to an AP.

The date on the back of the ticket is 2/21/17.

Does this not mean that I get the newer bridge value for this ticket and it expires 12/31/18?
1) What does this mean? I bought these tickets for my DD and her family. Since then the DVC AP has gone on sale.
2) Is there value in keeping one for myself to upgrade to the DVC AP? I was planning on buying it just before my FP selection date opened up.
3) If I decided to update my DD to AP when we arrive is there a chance the FP's would get jacked up?
TIA!

1) What does this mean? I bought these tickets for my DD and her family. Since then the DVC AP has gone on sale.
2) Is there value in keeping one for myself to upgrade to the DVC AP? I was planning on buying it just before my FP selection date opened up.
3) If I decided to update my DD to AP when we arrive is there a chance the FP's would get jacked up?
TIA!

1) There is a difference in tickets that were created BEFORE Feb. 12, 2017 and tickets that were created AFTER Feb. 12, 2017.
(It doesn't necessarily matter whether the ticket was BOUGHT after Feb. 12, 2017, as UT was/has been selling
some tickets that were CREATED before Feb. 12, 2017.)
2) There is virtually always a value in upgrading from discounted tickets.
It is the AMOUNT that you SAVE that can be affected by when a ticket was created.
I cover much of the ins and outs of this in the first few posts of the Ticket Sticky, "All About Tickets" linked in my signature.
3) FPs are unaffected by upgrading tickets.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter