I'm planning on upgrading my 5-day ticket purchased from Undercover Tourist to an annual pass. My sister is insisting that I need to enter the park and use one of the days first before upgrading to an AP. I told her that I read here that it's no longer necessary. Why is it no longer necessary? Or was it never necessary and she's just making things up?

I'm planning on upgrading my 5-day ticket purchased from Undercover Tourist to an annual pass. My sister is insisting that I need to enter the park and use one of the days first before upgrading to an AP. I told her that I read here that it's no longer necessary. Why is it no longer necessary? Or was it never necessary and she's just making things up?

If I remember right, it used to be that upgrading an unused ticket would give you the amount paid for the ticket. So if you got it at a discount site, then you'd get the discounted value of the ticket when upgrading.

Upgrading a used, but not expired, ticket would give you the Disney face value of the ticket.

Now, you get the Disney value of the ticket when upgrading, used or not, as long as the ticket isn't expired.

When going to upgrade, figure out how much you should pay for the upgrade. If the CM at guest relations gives you a different price, then respectfully voice your concern, and ask for a manager if necessary. If the manager still gives you the wrong price, then politely refuse to pay for the upgrade, and find another location.

1. I'm planning on upgrading my 5-day ticket purchased from Undercover Tourist to an annual pass.
2. My sister is insisting that I need to enter the park and use one of the days first before upgrading to an AP.
3. I told her that I read here that it's no longer necessary.

2. Nope.
3. Correct.
1. What matters most is WHEN your ticket was purchased by the RESELLER from Disney.
The price to upgrade can be different if your ticket was minted prior to -or after- the Feb. 12, 2017 price increase.
Click >> "All About Tickets" >HERE< and jump to the "Upgrading Tickets" post for
details.

Last edited:
2. Nope.
3. Correct.
1. What matters most is WHEN your ticket was purchased by the RESELLER from Disney.
The price to upgrade can be different if your ticket was minted prior to -or after- the Feb. 12, 2017 price increase.
Click >> "All About Tickets" >HERE< and jump to the "Upgrading Tickets" post for
details.

The tickets were purchased right before the Feb 12th price increase. So it would be worth the pre-Feb 12th 5-day ticket value, right? And I would be paying the AP price less the pre-Feb 12th 5-day ticket value?

The tickets were purchased right before the Feb 12th price increase.
1. So it would be worth the pre-Feb 12th 5-day ticket value, right?
2. And I would be paying the AP price less the pre-Feb 12th 5-day ticket value?

1. Right.
2. Yes.

Hi Robo :)
I am going to my first convention at WDW in January. I read the ticket thread and see the passes that have the enter after a certain time are not able to be upgraded... however is this one allowed to be upgraded? "Multi-day MYW Convention Ticket is about a 10% savings from the regular MYW prices and includes one WPF&M visit." Thanks!

Hi Robo :)
I am going to my first convention at WDW in January. I read the ticket thread and see the passes that have the enter after a certain time are not able to be upgraded... however is this one allowed to be upgraded? "Multi-day MYW Convention Ticket is about a 10% savings from the regular MYW prices and includes one WPF&M visit." Thanks!

It likely is one that can be.
If so, it would be worth what you would pay for it, so
there's no advantage in upgrading to save money over
simply just buying the ticket that you want in the first place.

It likely is one that can be.
If so, it would be worth what you would pay for it, so
there's no advantage in upgrading to save money over
simply just buying the ticket that you want in the first place.

Work is including and paying since it is part of the convention and I need to get a new Annual Pass ;) so there is no risk in trying it. Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I'm sure this question has been asked at some point, but I am currently at work and am unable to read through all 111 pages! I'm hoping one of you lovely Dis-ers may have some insight for me!

I have two trips coming up this fall and will have 2 separate tickets (one 5 day park hopper and one 5 day base ticket.) Is there a way to ensure that the correct ticket gets linked to the correct Magic Band through MDE. I can't seem to find anything and I haven't been able to source a straight answer through Disney's online help centre or get through to guest services yet. I'm really hoping not to need to call in as they don't have a toll-free number and I don't have free long distance! If anyone has had a similar experience or has any insight I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Hi everyone!

I'm sure this question has been asked at some point, but I am currently at work and am unable to read through all 111 pages! I'm hoping one of you lovely Dis-ers may have some insight for me!

I have two trips coming up this fall and will have 2 separate tickets (one 5 day park hopper and one 5 day base ticket.) Is there a way to ensure that the correct ticket gets linked to the correct Magic Band through MDE. I can't seem to find anything and I haven't been able to source a straight answer through Disney's online help centre or get through to guest services yet. I'm really hoping not to need to call in as they don't have a toll-free number and I don't have free long distance! If anyone has had a similar experience or has any insight I would greatly appreciate it! :)
Create a fake guest in your MDE and transfer the tickets you don't want to use on the first trip to that "guest."
After your first trip, transfer those tickets back to the "real" guests so they can be used for the second trip.

Create a fake guest in your MDE and transfer the tickets you don't want to use on the first trip to that "guest."
After your first trip, transfer those tickets back to the "real" guests so they can be used for the second trip.

Hi Robo! Thank you so much for your quick reply! I appreciate it! :disrocks:

I'm a worrywart so I bit the bullet and called Disney directly :rolleyes:

The lovely Cast Member I spoke to assured me that once both tickets are purchased and show in MDE, I can either contact their Internet Help Desk to "prioritize" them, or it can be done at check-in or at Guest Services before entering a park! Much easier than I thought! :thumbsup2

Hi Robo! Thank you so much for your quick reply! I appreciate it! :disrocks:

I'm a worrywart so I bit the bullet and called Disney directly :rolleyes:

The lovely Cast Member I spoke to assured me that once both tickets are purchased and show in MDE, I can either contact their Internet Help Desk to "prioritize" them, or it can be done at check-in or at Guest Services before entering a park! Much easier than I thought! :thumbsup2

Confused.jpeg

My husband received 4 parkhopper tickets from a coca cola rep from work last year. how do we make sure these tickets work?

My husband received 4 parkhopper tickets from a coca cola rep from work last year. how do we make sure these tickets work?

Do what it says in the following eMail from WDW-

Below is a quote from an eMail from WDW Guest Relations regarding tickets:

Greetings from the Walt Disney World Resort!
Please send a copy of the front and back of your tickets, as well as a copy of your Government issued I.D. to Ticket.Usage@DisneyWorld.com.

Include your name and daytime telephone number. We are unable to provide usage without these copies.

Please note, we are not able to receive messages or attachments greater than two mega bytes. If needed, send your files in separate messages or compress them prior to sending.
If you are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort within five days and need immediate assistance, please call us at (407) 560-2544, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm (EST). We may also be reached Sunday and Saturday between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm (EST).

I personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within five days.

Sincerely, Director, Guest Experience Services

I must not be hitting the right keywords -- having a hard time finding answers. My apologies if this has been clarified already.

going to WDW in the fall. on arrival day, we plan to enjoy the resort and visit Disney Springs. I plan to price bridge my unused, pre-Feb 2017 ticket to an AP there, and use to enter the parks the next day for the first time.

The AP is *immediately* active once I pay for the upgrade, correct? That day becomes Day 1 of My First AP Year, and memory maker, discounts, ability to buy TiW are instantly available?

1. The AP is *immediately* active once I pay for the upgrade, correct? 2. That day becomes Day 1 of My First AP Year,
3. and memory maker, discounts, ability to buy TiW are instantly available?
1. In this case, you will be buying and activating the AP in the same transaction, so, yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

Hi,

I have a couple questions:

If I buy ticket from Parksavers how do I know when it was minted?

If the ticket is a 5 day with 2 free days is that considered 7 day ticket for bridging or a 5 day ?

Should I prepay discounted price for memory maker or just wait til I upgrade to AP which includes photopass

Thanks

Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!