1. If I buy ticket from Parksavers how do I know when it was minted?
2. If the ticket is a 5 day with 2 free days is that considered 7 day ticket for bridging or a 5 day ?
3. Should I prepay discounted price for memory maker or just wait til I upgrade to AP which includes photopass

1. If it is a "current" (minted after Feb. 12, 2017) ticket, it will have an expiration date of Dec. 31, 2018.
(But, call Parksavers and ASK, so you'll know before you buy.)
2. It IS a 7-day ticket.
3. If you're going to upgrade to AP, no need to "pre-buy" now.

I have tried to search for this, but not sure that I've used the right words to get the best results in the search bar. We purchased APs online and will be activating them the night we arrive in WDW, so that we don't have to worry about issues on our first theme park morning. I know that my DH and I will both need our DVC cards and IDs (we bought the DVC APs). We will also be activating both of my DS's APs. Do they need to be present as well? It sounds like it's luck of the draw with the CMs, so I'd rather be safe and have all 4 of us go to activate them, but if it's possible with just the 2 adults, that would definitely be faster. We'd have friends at the hotel to stay with the kids, so no worries about leaving them alone.

I have tried to search for this, but not sure that I've used the right words to get the best results in the search bar. We purchased APs online and will be activating them the night we arrive in WDW, so that we don't have to worry about issues on our first theme park morning. I know that my DH and I will both need our DVC cards and IDs (we bought the DVC APs). We will also be activating both of my DS's APs.
1. Do they need to be present as well? It sounds like it's luck of the draw with the CMs, so I'd rather be safe and have all 4 of us go to activate them,
2. but if it's possible with just the 2 adults, that would definitely be faster. We'd have friends at the hotel to stay with the kids, so no worries about leaving them alone.
1. Yes.
2. All adults need to be present with legal photo IDs.

1. If it is a "current" (minted after Feb. 12, 2017) ticket, it will have an expiration date of Dec. 31, 2018.
(But, call Parksavers and ASK, so you'll know before you buy.)
2. It IS a 7-day ticket.
3. If you're going to upgrade to AP, no need to "pre-buy" now.
Thank you

I have a ticket question. I am sure it has been answered but my mind went numb after the first few pages.
here goes..

This is my 4th time going to Disney but my 1st time not doing a package that includes room, tickets and dining. Everything I have booked has been separate.

I purchased a 6 day park hopper. I messed up and bought an extra day because while I was planning I did not take into account that I would have a party ticket for MNSSHP and I do not want to do a park the day of the party so that ticket takes care of my entry on party night. The day of the party is a relaxing/pool day/resort changing day.

My first night is a room only reservation at the Contemporary. The rest of the my stay is a 5 night stay at BLT. If I wanted to, can I activate my tickets on my first night at the Contemporary and they stay activated even with switching resorts?(I know technically they are sort of the same but I will be checking out of one and checking into another). Right now, I am toying with the idea of either going to Epcot or MK on that first afternoon/evening. I may not but depending on how I feel after a 14 hour drive over 2 days, I may go.

Everything I have booked has been separate.
I purchased a 6 day park hopper...
My first night is a room only reservation at the Contemporary. The rest of the my stay is a 5 night stay at BLT.
If I wanted to, can I activate my tickets on my first night at the Contemporary and they stay activated even with switching resorts?

You don't need to "activate" your tickets.
Changing resorts will not affect anything regarding your tickets.
Your tickets are completely independent of where you are staying, so you can just
use them at any time.
You can advance-book FP+ starting 60 days before your check-in date.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Hey Robo, Headed down for a quick trip in August and we have the access to discounted tickets through Perks at Work. Can we use these to upgrade to AP's while we are there? Headed back down in November and June so I want to get the most bang for my buck.

Hey Robo, Headed down for a quick trip in August and we have the access to discounted tickets through Perks at Work. Can we use these to upgrade to AP's while we are there? Headed back down in November and June so I want to get the most bang for my buck.

Sorry, but I have not heard any reports of "Perks at Work" WDW tickets.
(That's not to say that they are not legit, BTW.)
A quick rule of thumb about tickets is that if the discount is greater than about 10-15%, then
the tickets might not be upgradable.

What are the quoted prices from "Perks at Work" and do those figures include the sales tax?

I'd be willing to bet that what the previous poster called "Perks at Work" is actually the company Tickets At Work, which I see all the time. If that's what it actually is, the tickets are just normal "net rate" tickets that can be upgraded.

I'd be willing to bet that what the previous poster called "Perks at Work" is actually the company Tickets At Work, which I see all the time. If that's what it actually is, the tickets are just normal "net rate" tickets that can be upgraded.

"Perks at Work" is actually another entity that I can find on line HERE.
And, they do, in fact, offer WDW tickets.

I know about Tickets at Work, but I'm new to Perks at Work.

Ok - I am confused. Usually I book our onsite hotel and tickets together. This time I have the hotel but we want to get Annual Passes. I read on a recent post that you no longer get a voucher if you buy online. How do I do my FAst pass plus then? Also, what are my options for buying a ticket now that I can upgrade? Are all of UT tickets upgradeable?

Ok - I am confused. Usually I book our onsite hotel and tickets together. This time I have the hotel but we want to get Annual Passes. I read on a recent post that you no longer get a voucher if you buy online. How do I do my FAst pass plus then?

If you're logged into MDX at the time of purchase (which you should be), the tickets or passes you purchase get linked automatically. You get a will call confirmation number.

Hi, our family has 6 day park hopper tickets - part of a package purchased through WDW.
Only one of us wants to upgrade to AP.
We arrive next week.
Can I call today and upgrade only one to an AP. Reason I wasnted to do now was to book FP for an October trip as well.
I was worried everyone on reservation had to have same tickets - or worried if removing and adding tickets might bugger things up.

Hi, our family has 6 day park hopper tickets - part of a package purchased through WDW.
Only one of us wants to upgrade to AP.
We arrive next week.
1. Can I call today and upgrade only one to an AP.
2. Reason I wasnted to do now was to book FP for an October trip as well.
3. I was worried everyone on reservation had to have same tickets -
4. or worried if removing and adding tickets might bugger things up.

1. Sorry, no.
But, after you check in, you WILL be able to deal with tickets individually.
2. Even with an AP, you'd not be able to do that, due to your upcoming trip's FPs.
3. They DO. That's a major drawback of "package tickets."
4. Depends on how and when that gets done, but in most cases
(like upgrading a ticket when you arrive) it won't hurt any FPs.

Ok thank you.
So, would I have to wait until next week after we enter a park or can I do it on our arrival day at Disney Springs the day before our first park day?

You can do the upgrade as soon as you arrive (and have checked in.)
Use on-line check-in, and set your arrival time even earlier than you plan on getting there.
(You can do your on-line check-in today, right now, if you like.)
Disney Springs is a fine place to do the upgrade, although it can be done outside any
of the park gates, too.

How do I determine how much it will cost to upgrade to an AP?

Booked a room/ticket package from WDW site with 9 day Park Hopper for 3 people arriving in December 2017.
Interested in upgrading to AP while at WDW for all 3 of us.

Looking at my reservation, it's hard to distinguish how much I'm paying for the tickets as part of my package. If I just quote a 9 day PH ticket and multiply that times 3, and then subtract that figure from the cost of 3 AP's, does that give me what I'd have to pay to upgrade? Just having trouble determining how much of my package price relates to my 9 day PH tickets.

If I just quote a 9 day PH ticket and multiply that times 3, and then subtract that figure from the cost of 3 AP's, does that give me what I'd have to pay to upgrade? Just having trouble determining how much of my package price relates to my 9 day PH tickets.

The pre-arrival cost of a 9D PH ticket including tax is 537.83.

Subtract that from the after tax cost of whatever AP you want.

Then multiply that by the number of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter