3) If you have the PS ticket connected to your MDE account, you won't need to actually "Will Call" it (the ticket, itself) in order to upgrade it.
You can upgrade without ever having to pick up an actual ticket (again, if this ticket is connected to an MDE account.)

1) Yes.
2) Yes. Since this ticket was purchased/upgraded directly at Disney, its gate value in 2013 (when you did the last upgrade) will be its value when subtracted from the current cost of the AP.

We did load the PS ticket on MDE because we weren't going to pick it up (or try to upgrade). Thank you for the info! We will do the math and print it out to take with us to the ticket booth.

We did load the PS ticket on MDE because we weren't going to pick it up (or try to upgrade). Thank you for the info! We will do the math and print it out to take with us to the ticket booth.

Sounds like a plan!

Have a great trip!!

Sounds like a plan!

Have a great trip!!
Thanks again! and for your maps... great to look over even for experienced goers for review. I think I was doing something silly like actually trying to gauge whether the right path through Oasis was quicker than the left towards Pandora in am.

I have a package booked with a late September check in. I have another ticket on MDE that I had purchased previously. The package tickets say Non-Transferrable. Shouldn't I be able to transfer my package tickets to someone in my friends list that is not on my reservation?

I have a package booked with a late September check in. I have another ticket on MDE that I had purchased previously.
1. The package tickets say Non-Transferrable.
2. Shouldn't I be able to transfer my package tickets to someone in my friends list that is not on my reservation?

1. ALL tickets at WDW say that.
All it really means is... that once a ticket has started being USED, it can't be transferred to another person.
A new, never-used ticket can be gifted or sold to another guest.

2. Yes. But, not until after you arrive at WDW.
That's one of the multitude of drawbacks of buying "package tickets."

those with APs can simply
HOLD their package tickets until a future trip when they can use/upgrade the tickets or
use their value to help pay for a new or renewal AP.

....Would this work the same way if a guest with AP booked a bounceback offer that required a package? The package tickets could be "saved" and count toward renewal of AP? How would you "HOLD" those package tickets?

1. Would this work the same way if a guest with AP booked a bounceback offer that required a package? The package tickets could be "saved" and count toward renewal of AP?
2. How would you "HOLD" those package tickets?

1. Yes.
2. You simply don't use them for entry.
One sure-fire way is to create one or more new "fake name(s)" in your MDE account.
Then, transfer any ticket(s) that you want to "hold" for future use into the "fake" account(s.)
When you're ready to access those tickets, transfer them back to the real name account(s.)

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before. I've done a quick search but can't find anything.

We have a booking for 8 nights at AKL in December (w/ Dining Plan). We are looking at coming in one night earlier but the price to extend the current booking for the extra night is quite high as we have the dining plan attached (which we don't believe we'll need on the additional night). So I've made a 'room only' booking for the earlier night in the same hotel (same class of room).

My question is whether we can increase the park tickets on the main reservation to 9 days (as the difference is negligible) and use them on this additional night (the day before we check in on the main reservation). Would this work or would the park tickets only be active from the day we check in? I know you could use them for an additional night after the main reservation but what about an earlier one?

Many thanks for your help.

1. My question is whether we can increase the park tickets on the main reservation to 9 days (as the difference is negligible)
2. and use them on this additional night (the day before we check in on the main reservation).
3. Would this work
4. or would the park tickets only be active from the day we check in?
5. I know you could use them for an additional night after the main reservation
6. but what about an earlier one?

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. You can activate package tickets up to 10 days prior to the package check-in date.
(Go to any Guest Relations and ask to do so.)
5. You can.
6. You can.

I am currently at Disney and hope I can get some help and guidance on how to proceed with an AP upgrade situation. My husband and son each had an unused 7 day park hopper ticket that was purchased as part of a package a few years ago. We upgraded both to an annual pass last night at Disney Springs. I thought the ticket prices were being bridged and we were being charged the correct amount however when I checked later I realized there was an error.

According to my math:
platinum pass with tax: $829.64
7 day park hopper with tax: $516.53
price difference we should have paid for each pass: $313.11

Instead we were charged $362.10 for each pass, which means we were credited with 467.54 for each 7 day park hopper

I went to Guest Relations at MK this evening to see if we could get this corrected but the Coordinator told me that the new policy is that package tickets are not price bridged and we would only be credited with the value from when it was purchased. I left there pretty upset and questioning whether I misunderstood how the upgrade should work because he acted like I was trying to scam them and trying to do something wrong.

Any current CM or DIS ticketing gurus please chime in and share some words of wisdom. Did I completely mess up this AP upgrade? Is my math wrong? If my math is right, are we out of luck with getting the difference refunded? We are at the beginning of our trip so there is still time to visit Guest Relations again, if necessary.

1.-we were charged $362.10 for each pass, which means we were credited with 467.54 for each 7 day park hopper
I went to Guest Relations at MK this evening to see if we could get this corrected but the Coordinator told me that
2. the new policy is that package tickets are not price bridged and we would only be credited with the value from when it was purchased. I left there pretty upset and questioning whether I misunderstood how the upgrade should work because he acted like I was trying to scam them and trying to do something wrong.

1. You were given the correct price for the upgrade.
2. However, you were not given the purchased value of your tickets "a few years ago."
They WERE price bridged... up to their value from LAST YEAR (prior to Feb. 12, 2017)
which is current correct procedure.
----
Package tickets (and other discounted third party tickets) purchased/minted prior to Feb. 12, 2017
are eligible for price bridging in an upgrade transaction,
but they are now only credited to their gate value that was in effect on Feb. 11, 2017.

This new policy went into effect with the last price increase that took place on Feb. 12, 2017.

You can read more HERE in the "Upgrade" post of this Ticket Sticky.

Last edited:
I think this has been answered before, so I apologize for asking again.

We have a package trip coming up in December, with Memory Maker. Thinking of upgrading to an AP while on property. Does the cost we paid for MM get added to what we paid for the package tickets when figuring out how much we'll owe to upgrade to AP?

I think this has been answered before, so I apologize for asking again.

We have a package trip coming up in December, with Memory Maker. Thinking of upgrading to an AP while on property. Does the cost we paid for MM get added to what we paid for the package tickets when figuring out how much we'll owe to upgrade to AP?

You will get credited the cost of MM when you upgrade to AP.

My nephews will be staying with their great aunt and uncle in February, and they live near WDW for half of the year. I'm wondering about FL resident tickets, so here's my question. If their great aunt buys them a 10 day FL resident pass (they'll be there for 5 days and they themselves are annual pass holders) for use when they are there, is that ok? Can the boys use the rest of the 5 days when they are in Florida later in the year - not with the great aunt and uncle? I see that the FL residents present ID upon first use, how does that work when the tickets are for minors?

If the proper answer is that they should only get a 5 day pass for when they are there with their great aunt and uncle, that is understandable, or not a FL resident pass at all, that is fine - I'm just trying to understand and help my sister plan.

Thanks!

My nephews will be staying with their great aunt and uncle in February, and they live near WDW for half of the year. I'm wondering about FL resident tickets, so here's my question. If their great aunt buys them a 10 day FL resident pass (they'll be there for 5 days and they themselves are annual pass holders) for use when they are there, is that ok? Can the boys use the rest of the 5 days when they are in Florida later in the year - not with the great aunt and uncle? I see that the FL residents present ID upon first use, how does that work when the tickets are for minors?

If the proper answer is that they should only get a 5 day pass for when they are there with their great aunt and uncle, that is understandable, or not a FL resident pass at all, that is fine - I'm just trying to understand and help my sister plan.

Thanks!
A 5-day ticket for use while visiting with the relatives while at WDW appears to be the more "correct" of the options.

1. You were given the correct price for the upgrade.
2. However, you were not given the purchased value of your tickets "a few years ago."
They WERE price bridged... up to their value from LAST YEAR (prior to Feb. 12, 2017)
which is current correct procedure.
----
Package tickets (and other discounted third party tickets) purchased/minted prior to Feb. 12, 2017
are eligible for price bridging in an upgrade transaction,
but they are now only credited to their gate value that was in effect on Feb. 11, 2017.

This new policy went into effect with the last price increase that took place on Feb. 12, 2017.

You can read more HERE in the "Upgrade" post of this Ticket Sticky.

Robo, thank you for the quick reply and clarification. I had read the sticky but was confused because I thought the additional details from the sticky about the tickets being part of a resort package still applied:

If you originally purchased WDW Resort Package tickets
(as part of a "room -and- tickets" reservation)

If you want to upgrade, your cost will be the difference between the current gate price of the original ticket that you HAVE,
and the current gate price of the ticket that you WANT (the ticket to which you are upgrading,)
plus 6.5% tax on the difference price.

Robo, thank you for the quick reply and clarification. I had read the sticky but was confused because I thought the additional details from the sticky about the tickets being part of a resort package still applied...

Resort package tickets CAN be upgraded and price-bridged.

But, package tickets purchased prior to Feb. 12, 2017
are now only credited to their gate value that was in effect just prior to Feb. 12, 2017.

The section of the ticket sticky that you quoted is also true.
But, it is in effect for CURRENTLY-purchased package tickets.

Ticket rules are very difficult to sort out (and to try to explain.)
I expect they may even get more complex with the next price increase.

Last edited:
Robo, If I purchase 1 Annual Pass holder ticket for myself can I make dining ressies and fp ressies as if I was staying on site 180 days out and 60 days out. We are staying offsite this upcoming trip, or is this only for onsite guests.

Robo, If I purchase 1 Annual Pass holder ticket for myself can I make dining ressies and fp ressies as if I was staying on site 180 days out and 60 days out. We are staying offsite this upcoming trip, or is this only for onsite guests.

The 60-day FP window applies only to onsite guests. You might find the FP FAQ helpful.

A question about 4 Park Magic Ticket - I can't seem to find it by scanning or searching.
It looks like this option is only for visits to Disney until Sept 30, correct? Is this something that will continue in the fall? We're visiting in October and were hoping to take advantage of this. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts