Too right. Tickets for the boys only when they are with Grauntie and Gruncle (cute, right?). It won't matter that the boys are only are visiting them? As minors, how does that work, in particular as Grauntie and Gruncle have FL resident annual passes?

The adult(s) (who is/are entering the park gates with the kids) will need to show FL ID (or be using a ticket that has already been proven with a FL ID on a previous entry.)

I am sure this answer is somewhere on here and I did try to search, but...

We have a family trip planned for October. We have a room-only reservation. DH and I have FL APs, so we are all set. I would like to buy our 2 out-of-state daughters annual passes now, so that we can book our 60-day out Fast Passes.

Can I buy APs (but not activate them until Oct) for adults who are not present with their ID?
And can I use the confirmation numbers (or whatever they are called) to book Fast Passes at our 60-day window?

I am sure this answer is somewhere on here and I did try to search, but...

We have a family trip planned for October. We have a room-only reservation. DH and I have FL APs, so we are all set. I would like to buy our 2 out-of-state daughters annual passes now, so that we can book our 60-day out Fast Passes.

1. Can I buy APs (but not activate them until Oct) for adults who are not present with their ID?
2. And can I use the confirmation numbers (or whatever they are called) to book Fast Passes at our 60-day window?

1. Yes. At WDW, you would ask to purchase "AP certificates."
(Although, you can certainly just purchase the AP certificates on line or by phone anytime you'd like.)
An AP is never activated until a guest with a photo ID is actually at WDW, standing at a ticket booth or Guest Relations.
Otherwise, a purchased AP certificate put into an MDE account will allow FP+ to be booked,
even though the AP is not actually "activated."
2. Yes.

Last edited:

According to WDW's own ticket pages, these tickets do not appear to have blockout dates. They do expire 6 months after first use, but otherwise there are no blockout dates mentioned. This is a rare case where I trust Disney's own information more than an external source. I bought some myself after careful review of the terms.
Thanks. There was a section title for blackout dates, but didn't actually list dates. So, I wasn't sure if they were the same as the FL resident AP blackout dates - or none.

ETA:

Here is what shows on the WDW screen:

Blockout Dates for Florida Resident 3-Day & 4-Day Tickets

Florida Resident tickets expire 6 months after first use or by June 30, 2019, whichever comes first.
Want to avoid blockout dates? You can purchase non-Florida resident multi-day tickets.
  • Or consider an annual pass that offers admission to all 4 theme parks with no blockout dates!

Last edited:
I am hoping someone could help me out here: We have a multi-day base ticket that comes with 1 fun feature and would like to ultimately upgrade it to a platinum pass. Can we expect the credit we get on the ticket to be the full value of the base ticket (bridging) or can we expect it to worth more because of the fun feature? I am not really sure how much we can expect to pay for the upgrade.TIA!! :confused3

p.s. we are not planning on using the fun feature on the ticket

I am hoping someone could help me out here: We have a multi-day base ticket that comes with 1 fun feature and would like to ultimately upgrade it to a platinum pass. Can we expect the credit we get on the ticket to be the full value of the base ticket (bridging) or can we expect it to worth more because of the fun feature? I am not really sure how much we can expect to pay for the upgrade.TIA!! :confused3

p.s. we are not planning on using the fun feature on the ticket

The "multi-day" is how many days?
When, how and from whom did you buy this ticket?

ETA:
Here is what shows on the WDW screen:

Blockout Dates for Florida Resident 3-Day & 4-Day Tickets

Florida Resident tickets expire 6 months after first use or by June 30, 2019, whichever comes first.
Want to avoid blockout dates? You can purchase non-Florida resident multi-day tickets.
  • Or consider an annual pass that offers admission to all 4 theme parks with no blockout dates!

Can you post the link to the page from which the info that you -Edited To Add- appears?
(And/or a screen-grab of that page?)

Yes I will, we aren't going until August so, like you, I'm hoping to hear from someone that was successful in doing this before we go. Having my good deal go to waste will be hard to swallow on day 1 of my vacation. I'm trying to start early so I can talk myself out of being mad if that's the way it turns out.

Just wanted to send you a bit of pixie dust!!!!

That's what I figured.
That is a unique ticket that is offered to Travel Agencies.

Sorry, but I don't know what it is "worth" ($) or even IF it can be upgraded or price-bridged.

Thanks Robo. I guess we will ask at the gate to see if it can be upgraded. Is it safe to assume that if the ticket is upgradable, then it can be price-bridged?

Thanks Robo.
1. I guess we will ask at the gate to see if it can be upgraded.
2. Is it safe to assume that if the ticket is upgradable, then it can be price-bridged?
1. Sounds good.
2. Sorry, but that's not necessarily true.
And, the problem here is, there is no ticket that WDW sells at the gate that is comparable
to the ticket that you have. (That's why I figured it was a special Travel Agent ticket.)
So, there's no ticket price at the gate to price-bridge "to."
BUT...
It never hurts to "ask nicely."

Have fun!

Still thinking about upgrading my package tickets to an AP on our December trip. Wondering what the chances are AP holders will get a preview of Toy Story Land as the opening would fall in our AP year. Do only a select number of AP holders get invited to this sort of thing? Any chance they don't offer a preview at all?

Still thinking about upgrading my package tickets to an AP on our December trip. Wondering what the chances are AP holders will get a preview of Toy Story Land as the opening would fall in our AP year. Do only a select number of AP holders get invited to this sort of thing? Any chance they don't offer a preview at all?
We won't know if there will be any previews until much closer to the actual opening date.

For the Pandora previews at DAK, they sent out an email, but not everyone received it. Those that didn't receive the email could still register using the link that was posted here and on other blog sites. The Pandora previews ran for around 12 or 13 days and there were 3 time slots available during the day. There was a 4th time slot during the Pandora previews that was only for DVC members that had a room reservation during the preview period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!