Just wanted to post an update that a couple weeks ago, I was able to renew my AP using a discounted UT ticket. The only hiccup was the CM originally wasn't going to give me the gate price, but I pushed him on it and he asked a colleague, so I was able to get the correct price. There was never an issue with applying the ticket to the renewal.

If I upgrade to AP’s from 8 day hoppers will the CM bridge them using the pretax price of $495 or the taxed price of 527.18? I didn’t pay full price for the tickets. Bought them at a discount about a month ago.

If I upgrade to AP’s from 8 day hoppers will the CM bridge them using the pretax price of $495 or the taxed price of 527.18? I didn’t pay full price for the tickets. Bought them at a discount about a month ago.

Include tax in the calculation.

I just bought a child's 6+1 PH (so a 7 day ticket) from Undercover Tourist for use this summer at $446.95. My plan was to upgrade that ticket to a 10 day PH during our trip, as this saved me the most money by my calculations:
current 10 day price (527.18) - current 7 day price (495.23) = 31.95 to upgrade

Just got my ticket (had it mailed to me) - and the date on the back is 2/7/17. Does this mean I'm screwed in terms of bridging? The 7 day PH price before the last price hike was 446.24 - LESS than what I paid for the ticket. If this is the case, I think my price to upgrade is a lot higher:
current 10 day price (527.18) - 7 day PH price last Feb (446.24) = 80.94 to upgrade

Is this what will happen when I try to upgrade? If so, does anyone know if UT will take back my refundable ticket and reissue one from new stock so I save money (instead of spending what works out to the same as gate price on a 10 day PH to begin with?

I just bought a child's 6+1 PH (so a 7 day ticket) from Undercover Tourist for use this summer at $446.95. My plan was to upgrade that ticket to a 10 day PH during our trip, as this saved me the most money by my calculations:
current 10 day price (527.18) - current 7 day price (495.23) = 31.95 to upgrade

Just got my ticket (had it mailed to me) - and the date on the back is 2/7/17. Does this mean I'm screwed in terms of bridging? The 7 day PH price before the last price hike was 446.24 - LESS than what I paid for the ticket. If this is the case, I think my price to upgrade is a lot higher:
current 10 day price (527.18) - 7 day PH price last Feb (446.24) = 80.94 to upgrade

Is this what will happen when I try to upgrade? If so, does anyone know if UT will take back my refundable ticket and reissue one from new stock so I save money (instead of spending what works out to the same as gate price on a 10 day PH to begin with?

UT usually accepts returns on tickets that have not yet been connected to a MyDisneyExperience account.

Otherwise, it is quite possible that there will be another ticket price increase before this summer (maybe in Feb. 2018.)
If so, it is likely that even a ticket minted after Feb. 12, 2017 will be more or less "weakened"
in its value compared to the newest prices at that time.

UT usually accepts returns on tickets that have not yet been connected to a MyDisneyExperience account.

Otherwise, it is quite possible that there will be another ticket price increase before this summer (maybe in Feb. 2018.)
If so, it is likely that even a ticket minted after Feb. 12, 2017 will be more or less "weakened"
in its value compared to the newest prices at that time.

Thanks, Robo. I'll reach out to them.

Knowing what we know today, does my Math look right (as in, I'd really pay about $50 more)? Thanks!

Approx. $50 sounds about right.

The UT customer service rep is stating that they've never heard of anyone not getting current gate price. While I know I *could* get pixie dust and that *could* happen - am I correct that I should be expecting just get the 2/11/17 price? I know this is what I got last year, when I upgraded 3 others to APs.

Of course, I have to pay a 5% restocking fee to return ($22). And lose the $20 AMEX offer.

Ugh, the especially annoying thing about all of this aggravation is that my kid is BARELY going to be 3, and isn't going to be big enough to ride anything more than he did this summer at 2! Smite me for being honest!

Last edited:
1. The UT customer service rep is stating that they've never heard of anyone not getting current gate price.
2. While I know I *could* get pixie dust and that *could* happen -
3. am I correct that I should be expecting just get the 2/11/17 price?
4. I know this is what I got last year, when I upgraded 3 others to APs.

5. Of course, I have to pay a 5% restocking fee to return ($22). And lose the $20 AMEX offer.

Ugh, the especially annoying thing about all of this aggravation is that my kid is BARELY going to be 3, and isn't going to be big enough to ride anything more than he did this summer at 2! Smite me for being honest!

1. I'm not surprised. Very few folks IRL follow the intimate details of WDW ticket rules.
2. Yup. You never know.
3. Yes.
4. Well then, there ya go.
5. These things can get crazy in a hurry.

Do any of the authorized ticket dealers offer Black Friday deals on tickets? In their weekly newsletter, Undercover Tourist seemed to suggest they might.

I haven’t yet bought our tickets for our March trip, but hope to in the next week or so. Our FP+ window is quickly approaching!

Thanks in advance!

So I bought APs for our family of four a few months back. We have reservations at Pop next month.
DH came home yesterday and said that his DM had called. The company is cutting his hours and he will basically be working 22-25 hours a week. He will most definitely need to find something new as soon as possible because we really can’t live on that.
I don’t think there is any way to go now. I know I’ll have to pay a cancellation fee for the room, but what are the chances of getting the APs cancelled and refunded? We can hold steady for a bit until he transitions to something else, but the $3300 I used for the passes would be better for living at this point. I’m just freaking out a little.

So I bought APs for our family of four a few months back. We have reservations at Pop next month.
DH came home yesterday and said that his DM had called. The company is cutting his hours and he will basically be working 22-25 hours a week. He will most definitely need to find something new as soon as possible because we really can’t live on that.
I don’t think there is any way to go now. I know I’ll have to pay a cancellation fee for the room, but what are the chances of getting the APs cancelled and refunded? We can hold steady for a bit until he transitions to something else, but the $3300 I used for the passes would be better for living at this point. I’m just freaking out a little.

So sorry to hear of the cut in hours.
The best answer I have is for you to call WDW Guest Relations and explain things just as you have done here.
It never hurts to "ask nicely."

I hope things turn around quickly for your family!

So sorry to hear of the cut in hours.
The best answer I have is for you to call WDW Guest Relations and explain things just as you have done here.
It never hurts to "ask nicely."

I hope things turn around quickly for your family!

I’ll call tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed.
And thank you. It’s been a bit of a shock but I’m sure we’ll pull through

Hello! My family booked a free dining bounceback, and we’ll be free traveling July 2018. One adult will not use her free dining package ticket, so I wondered if we could use it for a possible fall 2019 trip.

Do we have any reasonable guesses yet on when such a ticket will expire?

Thanks!

Hello! My family booked a free dining bounceback, and we’ll be free traveling July 2018. One adult will not use her free dining package ticket, so I wondered if we could use it for a possible fall 2019 trip.

Do we have any reasonable guesses yet on when such a ticket will expire?

Thanks!

This is actually more of a "Dining" question instead of "Tickets."

Try re-posting this question on THIS DINING PLAN FORUM and see if you can get better answers.

This is actually more of a "Dining" question instead of "Tickets."

Try re-posting this question on THIS DINING PLAN FORUM and see if you can get better answers.

Really? I didn’t know. To me it seems like a ticket expiration question. I’m really just wondering when package tickets expire, if the package was booked 10/17 but check-in is in 7/18. I should have been clearer maybe?

Thanks anyway!

Really? I didn’t know. To me it seems like a ticket expiration question. I’m really just wondering when package tickets expire, if the package was booked 10/17 but check-in is in 7/18. I should have been clearer maybe?

Since you were so specific in asking about a "free dining package ticket" I figured
you wanted to discuss if the dining credits expire.

If what you want to know is when currently-purchased park tickets will expire, that would normally be Dec. 31, 2018.
However, it MIGHT be that the tickets you will be issued in 2018 MIGHT be tickets from a time after an upcoming price increase.
If so, it is possible that those tickets MIGHT have an expiration date of, say, Dec. 31, 2019.
We just don't have enough info to know for sure.

Regardless, unused tickets that "expire" still have some value.
After expiration, their original value price can be used to help defray the cost of purchasing new
tickets, at such time as you make a future WDW trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!