Just a thought----do the family members who are not showing up have their own MDE accounts? Have them check to see if the reservations/tickets show up. I tried to check to see if everyone's magic bands were activated, and my daughter's did not show up. That was all it was.

They only have one MDE account. It's controlled by my SIL but she has my brother and their child listed on the account as family. They do not have magic bands yet (they are staying off site).

They only have one MDE account. It's controlled by my SIL but she has my brother and their child listed on the account as family. They do not have magic bands yet (they are staying off site).
Then I'd call. I had problems with MDE, too. The CM was incredibly nice and helpful. Better to check than worry about it.

Can someone explain what you get from TicketsAtWork.com? I get emails from them all the time, and they offer Disney tickets. Lazy alert: I haven't actually looked it over, just wondering are they comparable to UCT, ParkSavers, etc.

I think the discounts for TicketsAtWork vary between companies so some people get better rates than others (don't know for sure).

As a warning for people shopping these, make sure to take into account the taxes and fees when comparing costs. From what I remember, there is a small fee with TicketsAtWork but it seems like it worked out to the same fixed amount regardless of the number of tickets purchased (another thing I can't remember for sure...). In order to see the total price, you have to "Add to Cart" then click on "Complete Order". The <Complete Order> button will open the page with the price and fields for entering billing information.

If I want to upgrade a 4-day park hopper (bought before the price-increase) to a 5 day would I only pay the $16 difference and can this be done ahead or would I need to do it when we arrive?

I have tickets that were purchased at the 2015 price before there was an expiration date. They are 5 day MYW, and I would like to add an extra day when we are there in March. I would love to know how much it will cost, so that I can budget for it. I know that Robo has been updating the info on this thread, so I just wanted to see if you had any current info on this situation. Thanks for the info!!

I have tickets that were purchased at the 2015 price before there was an expiration date. They are 5 day MYW, and I would like to add an extra day when we are there in March. I would love to know how much it will cost, so that I can budget for it. I know that Robo has been updating the info on this thread, so I just wanted to see if you had any current info on this situation. Thanks for the info!!

I thought your unused/pre-increase tickets would count as the new price and then be subtracted from what the new price is for those extra days? Mine would be $500.55 minus 484.58, so around only $16, I hope!??

:welcome: to posting on the DISboards, Math Teacher!

Working behind the scenes to get better info, so stay tuned.
We should certainly have more definitive answers before your trip.

I thought your unused/pre-increase tickets would count as the new price and then be subtracted from what the new price is for those extra days?

Maybe.
It can be that simple, but...
The situation will be more complicated due to exactly WHEN a ticket was originally minted and/or purchased.

Maybe.
It can be that simple, but...
The situation will be more complicated due to exactly WHEN a ticket was originally minted and/or purchased.
I bought it from AAA this past Sept. I only saved maybe $15 buying from them for an adult ticket. This is one we didn't use when we went in November. Would that matter?

I bought it from AAA this past Sept. I only saved maybe $15 buying from them for an adult ticket. This is one we didn't use when we went in November. Would that matter?

The important thing to know is that whatever price was PAID by a guest for a discounted ticket has no affect on how much it will cost to upgrade.

Only the DATE on which a discounted ticket was minted (first sold by Disney to the discounter) is what comes into play.

A ticket bought from a discounter in Sept. 2017 would be what I call a "2017 ticket."
It is (as yet) unclear exactly how much it should cost to upgrade a 2017 ticket.

Stay tuned.

That's a "2017 ticket," alright.
Please let me know what you find-out. We are going in 3 weeks and really only need the extra day to go to BOG dinner our first night (only DINNER I could get for our stay). Thought it would be worth the $16?? for the dinner and fireworks. I have a AP. Thanks!

So, I bought a ticket in early February for a last minute early March trip that I have to cancel. My next trip won't be until January, 2019, but this ticket expires at the end of 2018. So, I understand that I can use the value of this ticket plus the additional cost, to get a new ticket for my January trip. But, can this only be done at a ticket window? I hope not, because that means no fastPass+ at 60 days. Is there something I can do by phone? Because, Ouch!

Last edited:
So, I bought a ticket in early February for a last minute early March trip that I have to cancel. My next trip won't be until a January, 2019, but this ticket expires at the end of 2018. So,

1. I understand that I can use the value of this ticket plus the additional cost, to get a new ticket for my January trip. But,
2. can this only be done at a ticket window?
3. I hope not, because that means no fastPass+ at 60 days. Is there something I can do by phone? Because, Ouch!
1. Correct.
2. Nobody knows. This will be the first time we have encountered such a situation.
3. Yup.
We shall see how Disney handles this when the time comes.

Please let me know what you find-out. We are going in 3 weeks and really only need the extra day to go to BOG dinner our first night (only DINNER I could get for our stay).
Thought it would be worth the $16?? for the dinner and fireworks.

I have a AP.

Then, I guess I don't understand what you are asking.

Last edited:
So, I bought a ticket in early February for a last minute early March trip that I have to cancel. My next trip won't be until January, 2019, but this ticket expires at the end of 2018. So, I understand that I can use the value of this ticket plus the additional cost, to get a new ticket for my January trip. But, can this only be done at a ticket window? I hope not, because that means no fastPass+ at 60 days. Is there something I can do by phone? Because, Ouch!
I called Disney World to find the answers. I was transferred to the ticket department. The answer is:
If unused, the ticket can be updated by calling and asking for the ticket department. This can be done even after it expires. The value can be used to purchase a new ticket of the same number of days, plus the increase in price, or for a ticket for more days, plus the price increase. Since it can be done over the phone, I will be able to have it available to make fastPass+ at 60 days plus. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!